Penguins sign Carcillo to tryout contract

DinahMoeHumm

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would he be suspended for missing Girouxs head?

There was the late game fight against Detroit in postseason, swinging his stick at Marc Staals head..there's two for starters.. I know you'll come back with" those aren't suspension worthy", but they are. And if they would have given him a game then, some of his headshots might earn him another.

The Campbell brotherhood of 'he doesn't have a history".,,only because they won't give him a history, is a joke. Malkin isn't the only one who they refuse to suspend, but he's one.

Why would he be suspended for missing Girouxs head?

There was the late game fight against Detroit in postseason, swinging his stick at Marc Staals head..there's two for starters.. I know you'll come back with" those aren't suspension worthy", but they are. And if they would have given him a game then, some of his headshots might earn him another.

The Campbell brotherhood of 'he doesn't have a history".,,only because they won't give him a history, is a joke. Malkin isn't the only one who they refuse to suspend, but he's one.

Late game fight? Half your roster could swallow that one including Giroux.

Missing Giroux is NOT suspension worthy. And as for Staal, goes around comes around. Staal hammered Crosby in the back of the head with a two handed crosscheck prior to that. Staal hits Malkin on the chin knocking him down right there and Malkin's intent is questionable. The news reporter says the stick wasn't intentional, but lets say it was... Suspend Staal for the head shot and then Malkin to.

Does it mean he's worse than Giroux?? No. They'd only be more balanced with one suspension each. How is this worse than Giroux cutting Roy's leg out from under him with a slash? Maybe he should've been suspended then too?

Point remains... Very equal players as far as edginess goes. Both cross the line at times. Don't be a homer! Lol

But the guy does play dirty when things don't go his way. Sometimes that can be the result of retaliation.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but Eric Lindros did stuff way beyond what Malkin does. The only difference is that Lindros got called on allot of it and / or had to answer the bell. Malkin does it and does not get called on it and never answers the bell. 

I don't have a dog in this fight, but Eric Lindros did stuff way beyond what Malkin does. The only difference is that Lindros got called on allot of it and / or had to answer the bell. Malkin does it and does not get called on it and never answers the bell.

He gets called on it a lot. Averages a minor every other game. I attribute a lot of that to his lazy defensive play. (Russian)

I attribute a lot of that to his lazy defensive play. (Russian)

You would know better than me as you watch the pens games. 

On the Russian thing, what is it with the laziness?? Outside of Dyutsuk, I can't think of one russian that works their tail off on both sides of the ice. Granted many other European / North American players can / and are lazy too, but by % Russian hockey player = lazy hockey player.

Considering Giroux has been suspended I call bs.

Missing Giroux is NOT suspension worthy.

Yes, I thought my questioning why there'd be a suspension for that cleared that up. 

And as for Staal, goes around comes around. Staal hammered Crosby in the back of the head with a two handed crosscheck prior to that. Staal hits Malkin on the chin knocking him down right there and Malkin's intent is questionable. The news reporter says the stick wasn't intentional, but lets say it was... Suspend Staal for the head shot and then Malkin to.

Malkin hit Staal (without the puck) They both traded slashes and hits. At the end Malkin swings his stick at Staals head and connects. The news reporter? LOL...watch the video and tell me Malkin doesn't intentionally hit Staal in the head with a one handed swing. 

Does it mean he's worse than Giroux?? No. They'd only be more balanced with one suspension each. How is this worse than Giroux cutting Roy's leg out from under him with a slash? Maybe he should've been suspended then too? 

Girouxs been suspended. Whenever Malkin pulls this crap they say no suspension because he doesn't have a history. He DOES have a history, he just hasn't been suspended cause of Uncle Soupy.

Point remains... Very equal players as far as edginess goes. Both cross the line at times. Don't be a homer! Lol

Go to HF boards where you get thousands if not hundreds of thousands of fans of every team. Look up dirtiest players...of course Cooke leads all lists,  Neal is right up there. Theres plenty of other names like Lucic ,torres Chara, Ott, Downie, Brown, Carcillo and MALKIN.  Those are the names mentioned most Can't say I've ever seen anyone include Giroux 

Considering Giroux has been suspended I call bs.

Missing Giroux is NOT suspension worthy.

Yes, I thought my questioning why there'd be a suspension for that cleared that up.

And as for Staal, goes around comes around. Staal hammered Crosby in the back of the head with a two handed crosscheck prior to that. Staal hits Malkin on the chin knocking him down right there and Malkin's intent is questionable. The news reporter says the stick wasn't intentional, but lets say it was... Suspend Staal for the head shot and then Malkin to.

Malkin hit Staal (without the puck) They both traded slashes and hits. At the end Malkin swings his stick at Staals head and connects. The news reporter? LOL...watch the video and tell me Malkin doesn't intentionally hit Staal in the head with a one handed swing.

Girouxs been suspended. Whenever Malkin pulls this crap they say no suspension because he doesn't have a history. He DOES have a history, he just hasn't been suspended cause of Uncle Soupy.

Go to HF boards where you get thousands if not hundreds of thousands of fans of every team. Look up dirtiest players...of course Cooke leads all lists, Neal is right up there. Theres plenty of other names like Lucic ,torres Chara, Ott, Downie, Brown, Carcillo and MALKIN. Those are the names mentioned most Can't say I've ever seen anyone include Giroux

Keep streeeeeeetcccchhhhhiiiinggggggg.... Video proof is fact, not opinionated forums. And the fact is that for every Malkin incident there's an equal Giroux incident. It's not favoritism when they're pretty even across the board. Malkin gets more attention (from fans) than Giroux because of his accomplishments as well.

But the facts are in video and you're looking at two very equal players when it comes to that infrequent transgression. Malkin has more games by a fair share too so just be glad I'm not sitting here averaging transgressions per games played. ;)

Do the videos bud... It's a tit for tat scenario all day.

And the fact is that for every Malkin incident there's an equal Giroux incident. It's not favoritism when they're pretty even across the board.

Not to get all technical and stuff, but since you're the one that keeps going on about "facts," consider for a moment that "equal" ≠ "pretty even"  

Mooooooooooo.

See, that's why I like you

Missing my point. Then Pens got rid of Neal because of his dirty play.  Unless you have another reason the Pens traded away a PPG player getting less than market value in return?  Any other NHL team ever do that?  I also think that was part of the reason they didn't try harder to resing Cooke (cap issues as well).

Ya, you got me there. I doubt it's ever happened where a team traded a ppg player and didn't get a great return on it....honestly, I think you guys traded Neal cause his boneheadedc penalties were costing you games. 

When you trade away your dirtiest player (Neal) and chose not to resign the other - in part (i/m/h/o) - because of his history you are not a hypocrite just because you then bring in a Downie or a Carcillo on low risk contracts. Only point I am trying to make.

Yes you are. ;) 

So we agree....I think. Except on the hypocrite part of course. ;)

Looks like you and Polaris are missing the days when all you had to do was sneeze on Crosby and Malkin and the arm went up!  Uncle Gary helped them get their cup, now they have to earn any future ones!   :ph34r:

I'll start my non-call Crosby list with Derian Hatcher and go from there.... ;)

There was the late game fight against Detroit in postseason

The deserved suspension wasn't because of the late game fight. It was the late game instigator:  "A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five minutes or at any time in overtime shall be suspended for one game"

For example, Giroux has had a fight in the last five minutes of the game, but has never received the instigator penalty or ten minute misconduct that Malkin received for chasing down and beating on Zetterberg, of all people (The only fight he's ever been in, as well). Therein lies the difference. There was no cause to suspend Giroux. By the rules, there was cause to suspend Malkin.

The deserved suspension wasn't because of the late game fight. It was the late game instigator: "A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five minutes or at any time in overtime shall be suspended for one game"

For example, Giroux has had a fight in the last five minutes of the game, but has never received the instigator penalty or ten minute misconduct that Malkin received for chasing down and beating on Zetterberg, of all people (The only fight he's ever been in, as well). Therein lies the difference. There was no cause to suspend Giroux. By the rules, there was cause to suspend Malkin.

Except the league stated the purpose of the rule is to prevent a team "sending a message", and that clearly was not the case with Malkin and Zetterberg in this incident. The league deemed there wasn't any message sending just emotional outburst. They explained that at the time as well.

Except the league stated the purpose of the rule is to prevent a team "sending a message", and that clearly was not the case with Malkin and Zetterberg in this incident. The league deemed there wasn't any message sending just emotional outburst. They explained that at the time as well.

Sure. The league also stated the purpose of James Neals headshot on Sean Couturier was he had to leap into his head to try and avoid a hit.... on 170,000 square feet of ice ...and even though Neal clearly has his eyes locked on Couiturier from 4 strides away and went on to attack Giroux with another headshot on the same shift. Or to shorten it, we'll just call it Uncle Colon. 

Sure. The league also stated the purpose of James Neals headshot on Sean Couturier was he had to leap into his head to try and avoid a hit.... on 170,000 square feet of ice ...and even though Neal clearly has his eyes locked on Couiturier from 4 strides away and went on to attack Giroux with another headshot on the same shift. Or to shorten it, we'll just call it Uncle Colon.

Neal on Couturier accident. Too many bodies going too fast. If he'd meant to be dirty he's proven he'll drive elbows at his head.

And did you see Grossman's knee on knee against Neal just prior? Uncle Gary looked after the Flyers on that one eh? Must like Giroux's hands on his backside.

As for headhunting Giroux, one COULD argue Giroux ducks into it but I believe Neal was headhunting. And got a penalty for it. And suspended...

You guys need new Kleenex you're using them awfully quickly...

Giroux = Malkin in dirty hits

Neal on Couturier accident. Too many bodies going too fast. If he'd meant to be dirty he's proven he'll drive elbows at his head.

And did you see Grossman's knee on knee against Neal just prior? Uncle Gary looked after the Flyers on that one eh? Must like Giroux's hands on his backside.

As for headhunting Giroux, one COULD argue Giroux ducks into it but I believe Neal was headhunting. And got a penalty for it. And suspended...

You guys need new Kleenex you're using them awfully quickly...

Giroux = Malkin in dirty hits

1.You and 13 other Pens fans...oh and Mrs. Neal, agree it was an accident. 

2.Congrats on being the first and only person to ever say that.

1.You and 13 other Pens fans...oh and Mrs. Neal, agree it was an accident.

2.Congrats on being the first and only person to ever say that.

1. And Couturier who said it may have been, and the NHL who said it was, and half the sports commentators on NHL Tonight that night.... Blah blah blah....

2. Congrats on being the first person to sit back, remove the colors, and look at the video evidence as found without worrying about who I like and who I don't? On taking an objective view of all the videos and disciplinary history? On actually watching videos posted and comparing the hits? Why thank you!

@Polaris922

Who's the better player, going by these videos?

http://youtu.be/1AgnnOUZjnU

http://youtu.be/uXxjZU1GXAY

Your argument is invalid because you have to take the TOTALITY of the circumstances. Find every video if Stamkos and every video of Rinaldo then talk comparison. As we did with Giroux and Malkin. Incident for incident Malkin = Giroux. The videos are above or you can see as much by YouTube yourself. There are a handful for each of them, and if similar conduct and stupidity.

Just because you don't want it to be true does not make it false.

My take on viewing Malkin as dirty comes from watching him play, not videos. 

As for Giroux being as dirty, you're the only person I've ever heard come up with that one. You can have that opinion, it's your right. But when you're the only person saying it, it's not holding much water. 

Just because you want it to be false, doesn't make it true.  :cool[1]:

Archived