Krejci resigns for 6 years, $43. 7.25mill per

J0e Th0rnton

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=31343&navid=DL|BOS|home

did not see a thread on it, which surprised me.

6 years, $43 million

$7.25 mill per year

Great contract for him and reasonable. Great two way player, and had two amazing playoffs. Only 28 years old

That's because Krejci is more anonymous in the NHL than even Patrice Begeron is as far as guys who produce and play at an elite level in Boston....yet not many talk about them!  

Poor Krejci can't even get his own thread on a hockey board!   :D

All joking aside though, excellent signing by the B's.

Like I already said, the guy is unbelievable on the ice, makes other players around him better, and while guys like Lucic, Rask, Chara, etc, get the lion's share of the press, it's guys like Bergeron and Krejci that I believe REALLY keep this team going.

You look at a guy like Krejci and initially aren't particularly impressed by him, but at the end of any given game, he had been key on many scoring plays and at the end of every season, still seems to put up numbers that are quite respectable, but more than that, has helped linemates to very good seasons production-wise as well.

And given his age and length of contract, barring some crazy injury that affects his abilities on the ice, he should be very good for the life of that contract as it ends when he is around 34-35.

I hate it when a Lightning division rival makes a signing this good, but gotta tip my fruit to Boston on this one, they made good with this.

A good deal for Boston? I dunno. I'd say about right or maybe a hair high.

I'd say....when you factor in Krejci's excellent 2 way game, his work ethic, leadership skills, playoff experience....he is right around where he should be.

I'd say....when you factor in Krejci's excellent 2 way game, his work ethic, leadership skills, playoff experience....he is right around where he should be.

As a Bruins fan, I agree. With the way the cap is going this is what you are paying guys like Krejci and Stastny. Locking him up early is also a great thing, now they don't have this hanging over their heads all season and he can concentrate on Hockey, not his impending FA status.

Plus he would get that, or more, in the open market 100%

Much like the Subban signing, one could sit and nitpick numbers and this that and the other...but the bottom line is, David Krejci is one of the guys that really  makes this team go with his playmaking ability.

And much like the PK signing, it was one Boston almost had to do.

Real good, consistent playmakers  are hard to find in the league, and if you have one, why NOT re-sign him?

Would any team REALLY sit there and go, "Well, we just don't want to pay that much for that guy, we will just develop another"...meanwhile that same player goes elsewhere and does what he was doing for the original team...and worse yet, it COULD be a rival.

Boston has had a good overall team the last several seasons, but even with that, they have always fell a bit short on the offense. 

No way they dare let a Grade A guy like Krejci get away from them.

I let a guy like rock head Lucic walk before I let Krejci walk...

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure about this.

Had such a dissapointing playoffs last year.

Lucic played well and so did Iggy. Krejci was horrible.

With Ericsson playing left and Lucic on the right he definitely has the talent with him to rebound.

Archived