Pens New 3rd Jerseys

B21

That is a good throwback/3rd sweater

the "road" black sweater was much better looking than the "home" white.

I didn't mind the Spinner's era Navy blue 3rds either since that was what the team wore when I became "hockey aware" 

@B21  No offense, but that jersey brings back baaad memories. I much prefer the light blues, one of the nicest jersey's in pro sports IMHO, a distant second to the San Diego Chargers powder blues, but real nice nonetheless.

Oh - dont't get me wrong - I liked the power blue (the dark blue - not so much).  But - that was before my time. I grew up on those uniforms.

I hope at that some point they change back to some form of that sweater.  I like the fact that all my teams are the same color. Makes coordination easy as opposed to..say....orange/black....green/silver...red/white/navy blue...red/maroon/light blue/royal blue. ;)

Hmm...not bad...but, and I am probably WAY in the minority here, as far as Pens' jerseys go, I thought these were really nice....not for me, though.... :ph34r: .....you know, for a Pens fan.... :rolleyes:

7.jpg

These were circa 1995-97'ish, I believe?

Right about the time I seriously started following the sport...probably why I associate these the most with Pittsburgh.

I think I'd be in the majority here liking this one,  :P

penguins+new+logo.jpg

@B21

I think the new third jersey looks better than the tan / gold, but they are the same as the Bruins colors.  

I prefer the powerblue  / black / white ones.

Hmm...not bad...but, and I am probably WAY in the minority here, as far as Pens' jerseys go, I thought these were really nice....not for me, though.... :ph34r: .....you know, for a Pens fan.... :rolleyes:

7.jpg

These were circa 1995-97'ish, I believe?

Right about the time I seriously started following the sport...probably why I associate these the most with Pittsburgh.

Never liked the modernized penguins on the ends.  I still have my Pittsburgh jersey that is the middle one.    This year's third jersey's are great.  I think most fans would like to see them as the primaries.

I still have the middle one but hated the new edge Penguin logo.

That was my problem with the jersey also. You just can't beat that original Pens logo that was in the circle back in the seventies. To go from that to some new age crap thing....well, it's almost as bad as the slug in Buffalo over the first logo....somethings should not get messed with!!

@hf101

Pittsburgh will always be the first and only true black & gold!

lol, ya right.  Burins Black and Gold before the Penguins were born.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Bruins.html

The Penguins went Black and Gold to align with the Steelers Success.    

Penguins - ice - cold - blue

We all know what makes snow yellow.

;)

lol, ya right. Burins Black and Gold before the Penguins were born.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Bruins.html

The Penguins went Black and Gold to align with the Steelers Success.

Penguins - ice - cold - blue

We all know what makes snow yellow.

;)

Steelers adopted Black & Gold in 1933.... Bruins changed to it in 1939.... Therefore Pittsburgh was black & gold FIRST. ;). Naa naa nee Naaa naaaa!

Snow around here only turns yellow when Flyers fans piss themselves running away home!

Steelers adopted Black & Gold in 1933.... Bruins changed to it in 1939.... Therefore Pittsburgh was black & gold FIRST. . Naa naa nee Naaa naaaa!

+1

Pittsburgh Pirates wore black and gold in 1925, but they also wore orange and black in 1925

I still like the Blue ones of the 70's better.

+1

Pittsburgh Pirates wore black and gold in 1925, but they also wore orange and black in 1925

I still like the Blue ones of the 70's better.

I thought the Pirates were still red, white and blue till the late 40's but maybe I'm misinformed. I like the look of the early Pens uniform but the have a losing history with them. They're under .500 in them even since re-releasing them.

I thought the Pirates were still red, white and blue till the late 40's but maybe I'm misinformed. I like the look of the early Pens uniform but the have a losing history with them. They're under .500 in them even since re-releasing them.

Ah, so you forgot about the ice pirates,  ;)   Which was inspiration for some of the Penguin styles with the triangle.

http://pittsburghhockey.net/other-teams/pirates-nhl/pittsburgh-pirates-nhl-uniforms

2526spring.jpg

2930PiratesJersey.jpg

Ah, so you forgot about the ice pirates, ;) Which was inspiration for some of the Penguin styles with the triangle.

http://pittsburghhockey.net/other-teams/pirates-nhl/pittsburgh-pirates-nhl-uniforms

2526spring.jpg

2930PiratesJersey.jpg

I didn't forget about them as a team, but I figured since you said Bruins wore the colors first in hockey I'd take your word for it. You deceived me! I took your Pirates comment to mean the baseball team!

I think I'd be in the majority here liking this one,  :P

penguins+new+logo.jpg

@B21

I think the new third jersey looks better than the tan / gold, but they are the same as the Bruins colors.  

I prefer the powerblue  / black / white ones.

30 teams.  It's going to be hard to find 30 different color schemes. ;)

Did the Caps gank the Rangers or Habs going red, white and blue?  Or does it kinda make sense that a team called the "Capitals" go with those colors.

FYI - black and gold (not the Las Vegas gold they use now) are the official colors of the city.

If there is a God we'll never see those again except for sale as fan gear. Unfortunately I think we will.

LOL. Not going with the standard grey road uniform can work (the Royals old light blue for example).  But yeah - a gaudy "light blue" with maroon? Blech.

It would be a cool throwback night...Pirates and Phils in their respective hideous 1970's looks.

@B21

i like the mustard gold the bucos use...

it would not look good on a hockey sweater, but makes for a sweet hat. 

I like the "las vegas" gold in the current color scheme. 

Agree with the mustard yellow...though I am a big fan of the all-black with the big gold "P".  And yeah - thata's not a good hockey color.

I don't mind the Las Vegas gold. I just like the "yellow" gold better.

LOL. Not going with the standard grey road uniform can work (the Royals old light blue for example).  But yeah - a gaudy "light blue" with maroon? Blech.

It would be a cool throwback night...Pirates and Phils in their respective hideous 1970's looks.

I think the Phillies have worn those throwback uniforms, awful. The pajama look just doesn't cut it. In general the '70s were a rough decade for baseball uniforms although I thought those funky caps the Pirates wore were pretty cool. I don't like the trend away from road grays, they look like softball teams. Also, I was watching a game the other night where both teams had colored jerseys and I couldn't tell who the home team was.

Archived