Bellemere, a good read and a good story, enjoy.

idahophilly

Thanks for sharing i'm pulling for the guy. He sounds very humble. With his skills i seen on youtube i'm pretty sure he'll make it he has very impressive speed and some nice hands and a quick release. As soon as he becomes completely comfortable and not adjusting to the NHL this kid may explode onto the scene. I hope his skillset translates if it does the Flyers will have found a star in the making.

@OccamsRazor  The great part is (well, depending on perspective) is that he's 29, so no waiting to develop, he's already as tall and physical as he will be. Bascially, what you see is what you get, after he get's used to the NHL style of play etc.

The great part is (well, depending on perspective) is that he's 29, so no waiting to develop, he's already as tall and physical as he will be. Bascially, what you see is what you get, after he get's used to the NHL style of play etc.

Yeah and VLC is 33. What you see is what you get. Oh, 4.5m v. ELC.

hmmmmmm

@OccamsRazor The great part is (well, depending on perspective) is that he's 29, so no waiting to develop, he's already as tall and physical as he will be. Bascially, what you see is what you get, after he get's used to the NHL style of play etc.

If we get the PEB from their playoffs last year 9 goals in 14 playoff games I'll take it!!!!!

I just thought he was a great story. Humble and had every reason to quit his quest for the NHL but he didn't. Even after people told him to give up. Inspiring.

I seldom get enamoured with a player of his age. Who was that guy that was the best player on the planet not playing in the NHL?

Seriously. I saw the hit he (Frenchy) took and he is a stud. He is not a liability financially. Dollars to donuts, I would take him 7 days a week over that albatross AKA VLC. I know most will think fresh bread, but he can skate better than doughnut man, he can pass better than doughnut man and he is much more creative than doughnut man. Oh- and did I mention, he knows how to play defence, unlike the sieve that is doughnut man.

Gee Van, not a VLC fan??? :)

I don't hate VLC, I just hate what he does for the team. He is a square peg in a round hole. Thats all. I also hate the cap part of it. Its a horrible contract.

Mark my words: he will be out of Philly by trade deadline. Hextall has balls and he will get it done.

@Vanflyer  I can't see how this guy can miss, he appears to have an elite skill set. If it does work out and the Flyers scoop up a player, I would expect a lot more NHL trolling the Euro leagues, looking for more diamonds in the rough. If that is the case, nice to see Hexy start a new trend. I don't recall any other almost 30ish Euro players coming over here and making an impact.

I can't see how this guy can miss, he appears to have an elite skill set. If it does work out and the Flyers scoop up a player, I would expect a lot more NHL trolling the Euro leagues, looking for more diamonds in the rough. If that is the case, nice to see Hexy start a new trend. I don't recall any other almost 30ish Euro players coming over here and making an impact.

I agree. Viva La France. The only  question mark will be can he transition his game to the smaller ice (ie. less time and space). I really like his game and while this might sound Don Cherry-ish (just to poke fun at that other thread), he plays a "north american" brand of hockey imo. 

Thanks for sharing, @idahophilly. What a nice story. Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and will not take this opportunity for granted.

Does 10g, 15a sound realistic? Raffl got 22 points in 68 games playing up and down the lineup. 

That would be solid production for a 4th liner.

I like that Bellmare's game looks "scalable" .

I think that is what got him a spot on the NHL roster and I have similar expectations for him as I had for Raffl last year, actually I have a little higher expectations since @ 29 years old this is his opportunity.  

I don't think 10/15 is unrealistic @brelic... I actually think provided he can stay healthy he could be a 40 pt player.

I like his skating and he has some savvy to his game in the gritty areas that I think like Raffl's long reach will surprise opponents initially but will not "disappear" once the word gets out on him.  

I watched the Bellemare video again, I can't wait for the season to start. 2 Days. I think the Flyers could surprise everyone this year. Not just based on Bellemare but with a rebound of VLC and growth of the kids and Mason. Maybe I'm expecting to much but why not send out the positive vibes. Besides that song just gets the blood flowing... and the under dog story doesn't hurt either.

Does 10g, 15a sound realistic?

It will depend on his role / ice time. The cog is going to be VLC. If you remove that from the equation. then I would say 20 / 20 and a + 10. His defensive game is stellar. 

Archived