Prospect update 2014-2015

brelic

Nice article on Robert Hagg from the Allentown Morning Call:

http://www.mcall.com/sports/hockey/phantoms/mc-phantoms-zone-01142015-20150114-column.html#page=1

"The biggest difference is there was no structure [at World Juniors], if you ask me," Hagg said. "Guys were going all over the place. Back here in the American Hockey League, you know where your teammates are and what they're doing. They're going to their corridor because everyone needs to know what everyone else is doing. Back in Juniors, it's like they're just floating around screaming for the puck."

Hagg said he actually noticed that undisciplined style as a junior, and he embraced a more systematic approach to the game.

"The one thing Hagg has got is a pretty good IQ of the game, when you talk about our team and system and structure and the different reads you have to make," Murray said. "Even our talks about adjustment between periods, he can adjust to that and gets it. Those are the players that have a real upside to their game. Those are the guys who end up breaking through to the next level."

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JackStraw

I thought Hagg was pretty good at the WJCs. He does seem like a player who craves structure though. Which is a good thing he's down on the farm and not up with the big club. The Flyers right now would surely turn him into a puddle of his former self and he'd fade from our memory like Ryan Parent.

Phantoms got lit the eff up wednesday by Hersey 7-2.

Stolarz gave up 4 goals 23 shots and Ouellette didn't fare much better giving up 3 on 7 shots. Phantoms gave up 3 PP goals and a shortie...........daaaaayyyyuuum. 

7 different players finished -2. OOOoooch.

Rimouski loses tonight 6-3 but Morin has a goal and an assist yet finished even.

Aubé-Kubel scored a goal and finished even in a 4-2 win.

Sanheim was +4 with an assist and Fazleev with a goal and +2 in a 7-0 win.

Goulbourne with a goal and assist and was +1 in a 5-3 win.

Michael Parks also had a goal (a game winning short handed one at that) and an assist in ND win over CC friday.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_27383665/north-dakota-survives-scare-by-colorado-college-2

Parks scored the game-winner by himself early in a Colorado College power play. He stole the puck in his own zone and broke free straight down the ice while Jaccob Slavin gave chase.

He will be a nice addition to the Phantoms next year.

Let the kids all play in the A! Let them mature then bring them up! No rushing them.

The farm is getting deeper that is for sure.

Next year i expect forwards Oskar Lindblom,Goulbourne and Michael Parks to be added to the pool along with Sam Morin and maybe even Valeri Vasiliev leaving the KHL and not sure if Reece Willcox will or he may return for his senior season at Cornell.

Either Way the talent pool is getting stronger....which is refreshing and the Flyers fans just need to be patient it's coming along.

Sanheim had 3 assists last night and Fazleev 2 goals. Sanheim has almost doubled his output of last year in 2/3 the games. Too bad he wasn't in the A so he could develop.  ;)

Morin had an assist to keep up his ppg pace.

Aubé-Kubel with a goal and 2 assist in their loss last night 6-5. Morin didn't pick up any points in their win but finished +1.

Sanheim picked up an assist and finished +2 in their win. Goulbourne picked up an assist and finished +1 in their win.

Nice to see the prospects still playing well.

I see Goulbourne had a hell of a game 2 goals 3 assists +4 in Kelowna's 9-3 win!!!

Just keep in mind this is a 19/20 year old season for Goulborne, so he is a man among boys...he's a hard working young guy with really good speed but projects as a, wait for it, Rinaldo type...so , if he makes the Flyers it will not be in any sort of scoring role. He's a checker a PK energy guy, i think our team needs more of his type of player , but anymore that type of player needs to be a better hockey player than agitator .

He should be putting up good numbers , he stayed in junior to work on being a better hockey player, his attitude is great , just take his "overage" production with a grain of salt.

Just keep in mind this is a 19/20 year old season for Goulborne, so he is a man among boys...he's a hard working young guy with really good speed but projects as a, wait for it, Rinaldo type...so , if he makes the Flyers it will not be in any sort of scoring role. He's a checker a PK energy guy, i think our team needs more of his type of player , but anymore that type of player needs to be a better hockey player than agitator .

He should be putting up good numbers , he stayed in junior to work on being a better hockey player, his attitude is great , just take his "overage" production with a grain of salt.

He is simply a better version of Zac basically slightly better hands combined with better discipline...so i imagine soon he will spell the end of Zac.

So far, 17 goals and 17 assists for Ghoulbourne this season. Did the Flyers see untapped offensive potential where no one else did....we have to at least start pondering this question. Regardless of stats, for a player like Tyrell, it will always come down to skating. If he is a plodding winger, his chances to survive are slim to none.

So far, 17 goals and 17 assists for Ghoulbourne this season. Did the Flyers see untapped offensive potential where no one else did....we have to at least start pondering this question. Regardless of stats, for a player like Tyrell, it will always come down to skating. If he is a plodding winger, his chances to survive are slim to none.

Its to be tempered though he is playing his overage year...and yes from what i've read still needs to work on bis skating but many do his age.

The problem to me is they need to sign him to not further enrage us folks who know they could of had Oliver Bjorkstrand or Duclair yet passed on those two....so to just let him walk for nothing would just piss me off to no end.

Sign his ass and let him spell the end of Rosehill and Stortini in the AHL yes he is no heavh weight but the end of the heavy weight era is here...kid is young and can scrap lets see if he can develop into something of worth...if he makes Zac expendable it will be worth it.

Goulborne is 21 and playing junior on the top team in the country. I HOPE he has 17 goals. 

There is hope he can be a bottom six forward that can produce more than Rinaldo. 

Archived