Flyers vs NYR @ 1pm today

jammer2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team is in such a bad position and there are no easy fixes. RJ and VLC will not be picked up by anyone - repeat; Noone. Buy them out and we are still f"d with the cap hit.

Cap going down and nothing but a bunch of shitty contracts on bad players. McDud, RJ, VLC, L Schenn all need to go. This is not a year or two project folks so buckle up..

Gonna get ugly...

Buy out RJ and you gain $3m on the cap. Buy out VLC and they gain $1.7m more.

With $4.7M you can get an effective 20/50 forward if you're not Homer.

agree...take the cap hit and move foreward..... they should just cut (pun intended) their losses and move on.

Believe me I agree. The only frustrating part is that we will be carrying a cap hit for those two dolts in a season that the cap is expected to go down.

RJ should have never been on this team this begin with...

I think I have been pretty up front about my hatred for RJ and the whole trade since it was announced.

I am on my phone so does anyone know how much cap hit both those scrotes will cost us if bought out?

I am on my phone so does anyone know how much cap hit both those scrotes will cost us if bought out?

I understand what you're saying but you have to look at it as how much they'll save not cost, no other way around it cause no one wants them. So it's a cut off the arm to save the body type of move.....only positive way you can spin it right now.

Still, the RJ buyout is cheaper and shorter than Hartnell. If the Flyers had Hartnell, and he continued his slide, Hexy would have an even bigger anchor around his neck.

R.J. Umberger buyout from CapGeek.com

2015-16: $1,600,000

2016-17: $1,600,000

2017-18: $1,500,000

2018-19: $1,500,000

Vincent Lecavalier buyout from CapGeek.com

2015-16: $2,888,889

2016-17: $2,888,889

2017-18: $2,388,889

2018-19: $888,889

2019-20: $888,889

2020-21: $888,889

Still, the RJ buyout is cheaper and shorter than Hartnell. If the Flyers had Hartnell, and he continued his slide, Hexy would have an even bigger anchor around his neck.

R.J. Umberger buyout from CapGeek.com

2015-16: $1,600,000

2016-17: $1,600,000

2017-18: $1,500,000

2018-19: $1,500,000

Vincent Lecavalier buyout from CapGeek.com

2015-16: $2,888,889

2016-17: $2,888,889

2017-18: $2,388,889

2018-19: $888,889

2019-20: $888,889

2020-21: $888,889

Too bad you just couldn't do that now.

And that *may* be what they will end up doing because there are literally no other solutions of precluding this team from becoming the Sabres. WHY these moves have been done in the first place.... only God knows.

Still, the RJ buyout is cheaper and shorter than Hartnell.

Not that I disagree with the math, but let's all stop to think about this for a second.  None of these elaborate, sophisticated steps would even be necessary if these moves were not made in the first place.  Woudln't a much simpler solution be to just buy out Hartnell and use his salary on someone who can actually help you?

It simply amazes me how this team always puts itself in a position to do something so utterly unthinkable.  They just can't make it easy for themselves.

Not that I disagree with the math, but let's all stop to think about this for a second. None of these elaborate, sophisticated steps would even be necessary if these moves were not made in the first place. Woudln't a much simpler solution be to just buy out Hartnell and use his salary on someone who can actually help you?

It simply amazes me how this team always puts itself in a position to do something so utterly unthinkable. They just can't make it easy for themselves.

The Hartnell buyout was more expensive and longer term. I'd rather be free of obligations sooner.

That said, a retained salary trade for picks should have happened. Hartnell had enough value to pull that off, and it's way cheaper/shorter than a buyout.

The Hartnell buyout was more expensive and longer term. I'd rather be free of obligations sooner.

That said, a retained salary trade for picks should have happened. Hartnell had enough value to pull that off, and it's way cheaper/shorter than a buyout.

My point exactly, even though I know I didn't express this explicitly.  Why go through the multi-step process if you can do it quicker and less painlessly?  At least for Hartnell, you could possibly get a semi-decent prospect or even a second round pick.  RJ fetches you nothing and the buyout is the only feasible solution.

My point exactly, even though I know I didn't express this explicitly.  Why go through the multi-step process if you can do it quicker and less painlessly?  At least for Hartnell, you could possibly get a semi-decent prospect or even a second round pick.  RJ fetches you nothing and the buyout is the only feasible solution.

correct me if I'm wrong....but wasn't there a rumor floating around that Columbus was going to use one of their "get out of jail free" buy out clauses and use itin Crapberger?  If so...we actuallty did Columbus a favor and we arepaying the price.  That one is all on Hexy.  I get the idea why he did, but I don't think anyone of us on here at any fathom how bad Crapberger was really going to be.

correct me if I'm wrong....but wasn't there a rumor floating around that Columbus was going to use one of their "get out of jail free" buy out clauses and use itin Crapberger?  If so...we actuallty did Columbus a favor and we arepaying the price.  That one is all on Hexy.  I get the idea why he did, but I don't think anyone of us on here at any fathom how bad Crapberger was really going to be.

I believe you are correct... in which case I guess Hexy overvalued Umberger. I am not sure if there is a better explanation.

@jammer2

Like I posted in an earlier thread...here is the truly sad part... Vinny / Crapbergerger = 9.1 mill / yr

Now don't punch your computer screeen...here are their lovely "COMBINED" Stats:

their combine stats -----> 3G, 6A, 9 PTS, (-11) are you freaking kidding me what an absolute waste of 2 roster spots!!!!

what a disgrace!!!!

@jammer2

Like I posted in an earlier thread...here is the truly sad part... Vinny / Crapbergerger = 9.1 mill / yr

Now don't punch your computer screeen...here are their lovely "COMBINED" Stats:

their combine stats -----> 3G, 6A, 9 PTS, (-11) are you freaking kidding me what an absolute waste of 2 roster spots!!!!

what a disgrace!!!!

Disgrace is right. $9.1 mil down the drain....... just like that.

And to make you feel even worse (not that you really need it.......lol), Kyle Okposo, who is probably 5 times a player that these two stiffs are combined, makes only $2.8 mil this year *and* the next year. 

Jason Pominville of the Wild is signed to $5.6 Mil.  His contract, I believe, is long-term as well, but heck, if you want to pay, at least pay to a player where you can get a decent return for your investment. Pomminville is only 32 years old and will give you 60 points a season without even trying. 

How can this be happening?  Any theory?  Anybody?

Impatience. That leads to bad asset management.

Yep, that is a huge part of it. You should never make knee jerk moves based on the teams poor trends during a month timeframe. It reeks of over-management and a SEVERE lack of a long term plan. That is the *real* problem with Homer....his lack of a long term plan. Gm'ing by the seat of your pants is a guaranteed way to screw things up. You might make some forward progress, but the end result will always be golfing. Mark down Snider as a HUGE part of the problem, there is no doubt he forced Homer into some of these brutal decisions, how much...we will never know, but it's fair to assume that he was the primary source behind the Bryz signing.....gag.

Impatience. That leads to bad asset management.

Yep, that is a huge part of it. You should never make knee jerk moves based on the teams poor trends during a month timeframe. It reeks of over-management and a SEVERE lack of a long term plan. That is the *real* problem with Homer....his lack of a long term plan. Gm'ing by the seat of your pants is a guaranteed way to screw things up. You might make some forward progress, but the end result will always be golfing. Mark down Snider as a HUGE part of the problem, there is no doubt he forced Homer into some of these brutal decisions, how much...we will never know, but it's fair to assume that he was the primary source behind the Bryz signing.....gag.

This ^^^^ to both of your responses.!  DING DING!  we have a winner.

Knee jerk reactions...that is the M.O. of this team for years.  There has NEVER been a current/present plan, medium range plan, or long term plan for this team ever!!!  That is one of THE problems.  The shear lack of patience is downfall of this team and it is, like a house of cards, falling in on itself and this team is imploding like the atom bomb.  I fear this is even worse then anyone of us every imagined!

Archived