CBA question:

King Knut

@King Knut   Yeah, he's only 34 right now, so the +35 rule would not apply to him. Why can't the Flyers offer him a scouting job for life...a nudge, wink....throw some of the Comcast money his way!!  Give him 10 mill extra to retire early, go spend some quality time with the family Vinny. Of course, the Flyers can't do this legally....but nothing can preclude them from dolling out money after he retires!!

They'll trade him and his new team will use him right and he will light it up for them.

I just don't see it. He's lazy, injury prone and can't skate anymore. Regardless of who he plays with, his coach will see the effort he's giving and bench his ass....and rightly so.

I just don't see it. He's lazy, injury prone and can't skate anymore. Regardless of who he plays with, his coach will see the effort he's giving and bench his ass....and rightly so.

Yet, he still scored 20 last season.

@doom88   Yep, 20 goals is 20 goals....but most of them were garbage goals with the game out of reach, either for the Flyers or the opponents. In fact, he's got 3 game winning goals in the past 3 seasons. Not a very impressive total at all.

@doom88 Yep, 20 goals is 20 goals....but most of them were garbage goals with the game out of reach, either for the Flyers or the opponents. In fact, he's got 3 game winning goals in the past 3 seasons. Not a very impressive total at all.

Misleading stat drop jammer. All three were last season, as a Flyer.

People said the same about Jeff Carter. He's not as bad as fans generally claimed either.

@doom88 His last full season in Tampa Bay produced ZERO game winning goals....wanna spin that one? Bottom line, he is no longer a clutch performer.

It's not spin at all...you're reaching further back to attempt to prove a point. More recent history disagrees. 3 GWG in a season plagued by inconsistency, injury, a coaching change, and playing out of position for the first time.

Fact is, 3 GWG. Last season. As a Flyer.

Not saying I love the guy, but at least give credit where due.

It's not spin at all...you're reaching further back to attempt to prove a point. More recent history disagrees. 3 GWG in a season plagued by inconsistency, injury, a coaching change, and playing out of position for the first time.

Fact is, 3 GWG. Last season. As a Flyer.

Not saying I love the guy, but at least give credit where due.

Vinny also had a few key goals last year sending the team into overtime.  

I can't believe people argue that VLC can still play... He is toast

I think he can still play. The problem is he was a terrible fit for the Flyers right from the start. They've tried to turn him into a winger and it just hasn't worked. He's bounced around between lines and line-mates, on a team that's been terrible defensively so he can't really be shielded. It's just an awful fit.

34 isn't THAT old, heck Datsyuk is tearing it up and he's 36 now. Given the right situation I think Vinny could still be a useful player, but that situation definitely is not on the Flyers.

I think he can still play. The problem is he was a terrible fit for the Flyers right from the start. They've tried to turn him into a winger and it just hasn't worked. He's bounced around between lines and line-mates, on a team that's been terrible defensively so he can't really be shielded. It's just an awful fit.

34 isn't THAT old, heck Datsyuk is tearing it up and he's 36 now. Given the right situation I think Vinny could still be a useful player, but that situation definitely is not on the Flyers.

I've just received word that my beer league team is short 4 guys Sat. night. If Heatley puts the pedal to the metal (and lays off the sauce!) he could have Vinnie here by puck drop.

I've just received word that my beer league team is short 4 guys Sat. night. If Heatley puts the pedal to the metal (and lays off the sauce!) he could have Vinnie here by puck drop.

The skin care products you ordered have been shipped and are on their way to your door. Amway thanks you for your business.

I really have no doubt that he can still play. 

He's not a 30 goal guy any more, but there's no reason to expect that last year's 20 shouldn't be achievable and maybe even a little more.

The problem is that Vinny is past the peek point of his career where he could make that happen on his own and through improvisation or playing with St. Louis.    He needs a system that caters to what he can do.  Acutally any system at all would be a help.

There are plenty of teams for whom he could be a strong secondary scoring and power play presence.  The Flyers just aren't one of them and were never going to be.

Homer should have never signed him and never for more than 2 years and even then never for more than 2.5 million.

I can't believe people argue that VLC can still play... He is toast

Archived