Jaromir Jagr has no problem with being traded

And it would be a rental so he should not be too expensive. Cap hit of 3.5 million this season only, at the deadline would be more like a cap hit of 0.900.

Almost a shame the Penguins cannot even afford it without dropping a Roster player.

Sharks offer Freddie Hamilton© or Daniil Tarasov(RW) and Colorado's 2016 2nd round pick.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/105679/tomas-hertl-maintains-first-spot-in-san-jose-sharks-top-20/

Hamilton is 4th on our list of prospects starting this season, Tarasov 10th. I mentioned Tarasov in because indications from Hockey's future say the Devils are extremely weak at RW.

3rd round pick is as high as Doug Wilson will go as far as he told everyone. He will not trade 1st and 2nd Round picks. But he may consider a 2nd Round pick that he got from Colorado. Our 3rd round pick this year was given for Tye McGinn to the Flyers, and our 3rd round pick in 2016 was given in the Demers for Dillon trade(Which so far has massively benefitted the Sharks. Good lord we were so screwed with Hannan and Irwin on the left side after Vlasic. Even Rookie Mueller was waaaaay better)

But really Wilson claims our young talent and picks are untouchable and that he will not get rental players, so I doubt it.

You have no idea how much I wish he would take a shot at landing Sekera from the Hurricanes.

• 3 weeks later...

As a Devils fan I love Jagr but I would like him to be moved for draft picks, we have absolutely zero prospects and we need to rebuild for the first time in 20 years!

thats what everyone in hockey knows the problem is i dont know if Lou Lamoriello knows it

I dont think any team would want Jagr and i dont know why any team would want Jagr

A playoff contender looking for scoring depth might want him. His cap hit is 5.5 million, but at the deadline it equates to around $1.25 million. Might get Jersey a 3rd rounder from someone

A playoff contender looking for scoring depth might want him. His cap hit is 5.5 million, but at the deadline it equates to around $1.25 million. Might get Jersey a 3rd rounder from someone

I am as big as a Jagr fan as you will ever meet on these boards. However, he has lost his step and isnt as good last year, he is more slower, turnover machine and it doesnt help that he makes Pavel Bure look like a selke trophy winner. If he is not producing offense, besides puck possesion which again isnt as good as last year, he is useless.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, unless Jagr prefers to stay playing in the North East / Atlantic region as his past team memberships have suggested after he was done in Pittsburgh and Washington (New York, Philadelphia, Boston, New Jersey), I wouldn't mind having Jagr play on the Lightning for a playoff push now.

Bolts may part with a mid level prospect, perhaps even a 3rd or 4th round pick in the draft to slot him on the 4th line with Brendan Morrow and Brian Boyle.

The Lightning's 4th line isn't typical of other team's fourth...they actually look and play more like a solid 3rd line....and while Boyle and Morrow have played side by side almost all season, the third member (wing) has been a different guy all the time.

It was always either Cedric Paquette, JT Brown, Brett Connolly, or even Jonathan Drouin.

Would be nice to have a solid all veteran 4th line who know how to win to anchor things down for a still mostly young Lightning team heading into the playoffs.

And I think Jagr as a rental would fit that bill quite nicely.

He might even see some time on the Bolts 2nd PP unit as well.

The few reasons Jagr came to New Jersey was to stay under the spotlight, get great playing time, and to have minimal travel. If he gets traded, he would want to go to a team that will play him. Remember when he went to Boston? He was playing on the third line in the playoffs. Jagr is not ready to retire.

@Evilmonkey

I wouldn't say the Devils have no prospects as they have a few young d-men.  But they do lack some scoring forwards for sure.  Probably the biggest issue is the team hasn't been able to spend on Free Agents to off set the lack of forward draft talent.

The few reasons Jagr came to New Jersey was to stay under the spotlight, get great playing time, and to have minimal travel. If he gets traded, he would want to go to a team that will play him. Remember when he went to Boston? He was playing on the third line in the playoffs. Jagr is not ready to retire.

Welcome and good points.

Another reason why Jagr has been attracted to the Devils is he believes he is still a top 6 forward and demands first line PP time.  Philly couldn't guaranteed that as well as other teams.  I don't think teams will give up a lot for him at the trade deadline.  He may not be ready to retire, but many teams have also moved forward in choosing youth.

It's gotten to the point where you *know* that if you sign Jagr, you will get the offense he supplies for the year and THEN get some nice assets back at the deadline. Because he does not mind being traded, he is putting some years on his career.

It's gotten to the point where you *know* that if you sign Jagr, you will get the offense he supplies for the year and THEN get some nice assets back at the deadline. Because he does not mind being traded, he is putting some years on his career.

That was certainly in Dallas' mind. They essentially bought two prospects and a conditional 2nd for him.

I think New Jersey was looking for a little more.

Archived