Jackets on 11-2-1 run, can they get back in the race?

yave1964

Players continue to drop like flies, one comes back, two go out, and yet the Jackets are on a 11-2-1 run to get their record to 17-17-3 good for right on the edge of the playoffs. After sitting at 6-15-2 and looking like a MASH unit the month of December has been kind.

Hartnell came back, playing strong.

Dubinsky, the unsung true heart and soul of the club finally came into the lineup and solidified the forward lines.

Bobrovsky got healthy and hot.

The fact that the Jackets are so hot with top six forwards Anisimov and Boone Jenner out is a testimony to the organization depth, something that has been the bane of Columbus since they joined the league. Young forwards such as Marko Dano, Kerby Rychel and Alexander Wennberg have gotten valuable experience in the NHL which will pay dividends later on.

My favorite line in all of hockey to watch right now is Johansen centering Nick Foligno and Cam Atkinson. Foligno is finally justifying the faith the team has in him and is the consumate power forward, Atkinson is a speedy oppurtunistic little guy who is absolutely fearless and Johansen is developing into an elite level center before our eyes. Throw in the second line with fiery Dubinsky centering Hartnell and the eel like Boone Jenner when he returns and scoring should not be a problem for this club. And secondary scoring from the bottom six should be slightly above average.

Right now the Jackets sit 11th in the East and are 9 points out  of a playoff spot. Personally I wouldnt bet a dime on any team in that position, but this club gets better and better, a hard hitting defeense has not even been mentioned, teams hate playing the Jackets because they are sure to be black and blue after the game.

I doubt most any team can recover from the wretched start the Jackets had, but if any team can it is this one.

@yave1964

As Columbus is my second favorite team, and the Flyers suck, I think and hope so.  I have always been a Bobrovsky fan and hated when we sent him to Columbus so cheer for them...

It's great to see them doing so well but I think that a few teams will have to slip a little for them to gain too much ground. 

Here's hoping :)

If it was just catching Tronno for the last wild card, I would say they have a better than even chance. However, Boston has to come out of the doldrums at some point. I'm pulling for them, but I think their injury problems, especially at the beginning of the year, put them in too much of a hole to overcome.

Players continue to drop like flies, one comes back, two go out, and yet the Jackets are on a 11-2-1 run to get their record to 17-17-3 good for right on the edge of the playoffs.

I was reading about the Jackets this morning in a philly.com article. It's crazy that before their run, they were 12 points out of a playoff spot. After going 11-2-1 (.852 winning pct) and getting 23 of a possible 27 points, they are 9 points out. They gained THREE points. 

I was reading about the Jackets this morning in a philly.com article. It's crazy that before their run, they were 12 points out of a playoff spot. After going 11-2-1 (.852 winning pct) and getting 23 of a possible 27 points, they are 9 points out. They gained THREE points. 

Goes to show how hard it is to make up ground. Slow starts suck.

Sharks started slow, but mostly because of that godawful 16 road games in the first 20.

With Thornton injured, I am sincerely worried. Especially seeing how rudderless they were without him against the Blues

@brelic I reckon we have the "loser" point to thank for that... or the CBJ have been playing against out of division foes. 

either way, go 11-2-1 and gain only 3 points on the last playoff spot is a little disheartening.

They play the way I'd like the Flyers to play, that's disheartening too.

Just make the playoffs and anything can happen...

:ph34r:

Archived