Richards to the Jets?

hf101

I saw this on NBS Sports that the Jets and Kings have had discussions that could bring Mike Richards to the Jets.  

And interesting trade rumor here as Richie would be close to his home in Kenora.   The Jets could use a player like Richards and the move might be the best thing as Richards minutes have dwindled recently.

What might make this trade rumor happen as the Kings are probably looking for defensive help.

I would love to see Richards in Winnipeg as they are my 3rd favorite team and Richards needs the change. A also heard this rumor but it wasn't NBC. Can't remember where but it wasn't NBC... I'm not a Carter fan, never was, but would like to see Richards resurrect his career... He'll do that better being out of LA IMO...

I saw this on NBS Sports that the Jets and Kings have had discussions that could bring Mike Richards to the Jets.  

And interesting trade rumor here as Richie would be close to his home in Kenora.   The Jets could use a player like Richards and the move might be the best thing as Richards minutes have dwindled recently.

What might make this trade rumor happen as the Kings are probably looking for defensive help.

Richards Body just can't play the way it used to. He is no longer more than a 3rd line scoring threat and no longer even close to a Selke. He is still a useful player. But guys with his skillset typically make 2 million a year, not 5.75.

I can't see this happening unless they retain Salary.

Little, Ladd and Wheeler have that 1st line, and Scheifele and Perreault are both centers playing the second line with Frolik, and sowing some darn good chemistry to boot.

Richards might need a change, but it is still going to be no higher than 3rd/4th line if he goes to the jets.

Richards Body just can't play the way it used to. He is no longer more than a 3rd line scoring threat and no longer even close to a Selke. He is still a useful player. But guys with his skillset typically make 2 million a year, not 5.75.

I think he'd be a good fit for the Jets. I'm just not sold on them taking the length of that contract....5 more years?

What kind of idiot would sign a player like Richards to that sort of con...?

Oh, right.

#homercoaster

Do the Jets have the cap space to acquire both Richards and Carter? Because we all know that if Ritchie gets shipped to the Jets, Carter will insist on joining him :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure they have some kind of clause, like the Sedins, that they are not allowed to be apart for longer than a very minimal period of time.

I can just see it now...Richards, Pods, a sheep or two and frosted tips hitting the bars in the 'Peg.    :thumbsu:

It would be epic! Frosted Tips would have to leave the frosted tips at home for a 'Peg pub crawl though. He'd get us seriously beat up prancing around like that. Winnipeg's a blue collar kinda town.

I think Mike would be a great fit, but no way is Chevvy taking all that term and hit. I'm sure they are in conversations about precisely that. I would not at all be surprised to see it happen if the Jets remain in a playoff spot. Mike would thrive in the atmosphere that is here right now. No pressure, just go play to whatever the level is body will let him at this point. 

• 1 month later...

I just hope the Jets don't give up too much. Short term Richards could help the team out. I'm not seeing it unless the Jets were a serious contender. I love my Jets. I just don't seeing them getting into the West Finals.

Archived