Hello:Earth to Hexie,anybody home?

The Quigster

Really.......what is there for him to achieve at this moment? He is doing the right thing and waiting for the trade deadline and or draft and offseason.

and the post saying "Hello:Earth to Hexie,anybody home?" kinda sounds like he has been missing when he (read organization) is finally showing patience which one has to admit they were lacking for the past 20 years+. Virtually everyone did complain about the knee jerk deals. He is handcuffed at best with the bad deals on the books...

If the strategy is to get the highest draft pick possible, firing Chief is a terrible idea.

I 2nd that opinion....i feel it will happen i feel it will happen i'd prefer to just ride it out get the best pick and look for a new coach after the season right before the draft say.

I 2nd that opinion....i feel it will happen i feel it will happen i'd prefer to just ride it out get the best pick and look for a new coach after the season right before the draft say.

Completely agree with this. I have to tell you, though, that if Berube is the head coach at the start of next season I may have to take up another sport.

I have to tell you, though, that if Berube is the head coach at the start of next season I may have to take up another sport.

I have to agree while he is not solely responsible for this horrible display at times by this team he is at least 50/50 at fault. But i do not want to see him returned because one thing is for sure i don't see any system in place which he is 100% at fault for.

Therefor no real growth has been viewed by me and he lost me as well as i expect the players too when he started singling out players for their horrible play, which at first till he made Coburn an exception to the rule...then he lost me on it.

Berube can stay through next year. It won't matter who is the coach then either.

After that, as long as they replace him BEFORE a training camp. That move to let Lavvynhave a soft camp and THEN replace him was ridiculously stupid.

Completely agree with this. I have to tell you, though, that if Berube is the head coach at the start of next season I may have to take up another sport.

Doesn't keeping the idiot make tanking easier?

Doesn't look like it, they're still winning. If this continues, I see them falling out of the top 10 in the draft. If Hextall brings in a new coach, might take a while for that coach to implement his system and get to know the players. Just how I see it, I know it can go both ways but I'm not liking this atm.

Berube can stay through next year. It won't matter who is the coach then either.

After that, as long as they replace him BEFORE a training camp. That move to let Lavvynhave a soft camp and THEN replace him was ridiculously stupid.

Absolutely agree.

The worst thing that can happen is of course exactly where they're headed... Yet again: too bad to make the playoffs, too good to get a decent draft pick.

Lose lose.

Idiots. God I hate Homer.

Keeping the idiot here next year will result in the same season as you stated above. He will drive us fans nuts with his stupid decision making, I am not OK with it but each their own.

The worst thing that can happen is of course exactly where they're headed... Yet again: too bad to make the playoffs, too good to get a decent draft pick.

Lose lose.

Idiots. God I hate Homer.

Sanheim isn't a decent draft pick? Morin? Laughton? Hagg? Ghost? The problem is not that they have not gotten decent draft picks, it's that trading picks to "win now" has been too much a part of the organization's philosophy. Hextall seems out to change that approach. They've drafted some good prospects in the 10-20 range, and some even later.

IRa a lose lose situation unless they manage to tank the rest of this season. Hard to care if the team's coach (I assume who you're talking about?) makes bad decisions.

The choice is what? A new coach that might make good decisions that ultimately still wouldn't be enough to make this team a competitor next year or Chief continuing to do what he does making them only slightly worse but not bad enough to help.

There's too much wrong with this team. Long and short they need to replace chief to do better. But when they do, there will be even more to do after that and because of homer, that "more" is going to take a number of years unles Hexy turns out to be a Saint and works multiple miracles.

Keeping the idiot here next year will result in the same season as you stated above. He will drive us fans nuts with his stupid decision making, I am not OK with it but each their own.

We keep saying that but what was the last high pick they traded away to "win now"?

Sanheim isn't a decent draft pick? Morin? Laughton? Hagg? Ghost? The problem is not that they have not gotten decent draft picks, it's that trading picks to "win now" has been too much a part of the organization's philosophy. Hextall seems out to change that approach. They've drafted some good prospects in the 10-20 range, and some even later.

We keep saying that but what was the last high pick they traded away to "win now"?

I didn't say anything about "high" picks. They traded 2 first rounders for Pronger and have traded plenty of 2nd and 3rd rounders over the years. I ask again, are Sanheim, Ghost, Morin, Hagg, and Laughton not decent picks. None of them were really"high" draft picks.

Archived