How is Johansen the All Star Game MVP?

pilldoc

Seriously what a joke.   Like I posted in the the other thread.....

Tavares had 4 Goals

Voracek had 3 Goals 3 Assists for total 6 points

Johansen had a measly 2G 2A for 4 pts. Seriously there were at least 3 other players who had at least 2 goals or more, not including the 2 I listed above and Seguin had an identical stat line.

the MVP for the All Star Game is a joke.  Especially considering Johansen was on the losing team. 

EDIT: Bill Meltzer@billmeltzer

Voracek's 6 pt game tied Mario Lemieux's record (1988), and set new records for 1st-time participant & Flyers rep (Recchi had 5 pt in 1993)

so why is Jake not the MVP????

(end of rant)

How is Foligno captain. In a game most people don't care about (I didn't know who was mvp until now) they tried to make Columbus fans feel good. I could care a less if they gave it to Carcillo.

Then why even have an MVP....heck it is like Prom Night...everybody scores!  :P

My guess, who ever voted him MVP....Must have been an OSU fan(s)... Only reason.... Sucks that I missed this game, I wanted to watch it, but went to see American Sniper instead. Not to change the subject, but if you have not seen this movie, it is beyond worth while. If you are former US Military it will most certainly it home and it will hit hard, especially if you knew the Legend or knew of him or were deployed to Iraq at any point.... 

All scoring was pointless this game. Even more than usual. They used to at least TRY to defend. They used to skate instead of coasting all game. This was the first ASG I turned off. It's actually gotten worse. I'd rather watch stick time at the local rink. It was really THAT bad.

Last year was pretty bad, seems like a good all-star game to miss. I feel like the All-Star game has just become a joke, if this is how it will continue, they should just take it out and add two games to the NHL schedule for All-Star game seasons. I mean whats two extra games? Better than this crap. but I suppose if the NHL wants to continue its trend, even shootouts have become miserable for most. Commish needs some modern day alternatives to lazy boring games, but we all know what a mastermind this guy is. :D

Seriously what a joke.   Like I posted in the the other thread.....

Tavares had 4 Goals

Voracek had 3 Goals 3 Assists for total 6 points

Johansen had a measly 2G 2A for 4 pts. Seriously there were at least 3 other players who had at least 2 goals or more, not including the 2 I listed above and Seguin had an identical stat line.

the MVP for the All Star Game is a joke.  Especially considering Johansen was on the losing team. 

EDIT: Bill Meltzer@billmeltzer

Voracek's 6 pt game tied Mario Lemieux's record (1988), and set new records for 1st-time participant & Flyers rep (Recchi had 5 pt in 1993)

so why is Jake not the MVP????

(end of rant)

The game itself is a joke. There's no hitting, no defense, and there's a f-cking draft for Christ's sake. That is so ridiculous it's actually funny. Is that supposed to be cool (the draft I mean)? I don't care enough about the game itself to care whether or not "my guys" get the credit they deserve.

meh, Jake already has a pretty nice car.

the current format is shinny with pads and lifting the puck so... yeah, tune into it for 10 minutes see 15 sick passes and 3 impossible backhand roof goals and you're good.

@fanaticV3.0

@

@Polaris922

@SpikeDDS

@AJgoal

totally agree..... I didn't even watch the game...just the highlights on the computer.  That was enough for me.  It's sad because I don't even care about the skill competition even more.

they should do away with the All Star game along with the NFL Pro Bowl Game.  Even the NBA is nothing more than a slamfest and I hate NBA basketball.

At least with MLB, it is National League vs American League and the winner determines home field for the WS.

jsut my 2 cents...

@fanaticV3.0

@

@Polaris922

@SpikeDDS

@AJgoal

totally agree..... I didn't even watch the game...just the highlights on the computer.  That was enough for me.  It's sad because I don't even care about the skill competition even more.

they should do away with the All Star game along with the NFL Pro Bowl Game.  Even the NBA is nothing more than a slamfest and I hate NBA basketball.

At least with MLB, it is National League vs American League and the winner determines home field for the WS.

jsut my 2 cents...

Me neither. It's sissy hockey and a meaningless game to boot.

I played hockey at 6 then went for a beer after. Usually if theres a game on I have some interest. I just didn't.

I watch games all the time.  Mites to the pros.  Travel  miles each week to watch hockey.

Hell, sometimes if  I can't sleep, I go to the rink and watch old-timers.

I turned on the game last night, endured about a minute and a half, then changed channels.

Archived