Flyers will not be "Buyers"...No Trades Coming per Hextall

AlaskaFlyerFan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not on a non-playoff team.

I just meant for next year. The major thing we'd be giving up in Streit is his PP success. And I think Del Zotto is capable of replacing him in that role. Maybe not as effectively next year, but over a few seasons, I think he can do just as well. And by the time he declines, I'm hopeful there will be others who can step in.

Hexy's #1 goal should be getting back into the second round of this summers draft. This is WAAAAY to deep of a draft to be without a pick in the 2nd....he's gotta fix this....friggin Homer....you LOSER!!

Hexy's #1 goal should be getting back into the second round of this summers draft. This is WAAAAY to deep of a draft to be without a pick in the 2nd....he's gotta fix this....friggin Homer....you LOSER!!

Totally agree that is why he needs to trade Coburn and if possible Kimmo for 2 2nd at least...

@OccamsRazor   Hell yeah, getting a 2nd for Coburn (think he's worth a bit more than this...maybe a mid tier prospect coming back also) and a 2nd for Kimo (would be worth more usually, but the blood clot thing...that drops his value for sure...he could go down at any time and never play again). If we had our own 1st and 2 second rounders....that would be a nice haul....the 2nd second rounder could be used to move up a few slots in the 1st to target a player they really want....we need some flexibility like that. Right now, as it stands, our 3rd rounder would not let us move up in the 1st.

@OccamsRazor   Hell yeah, getting a 2nd for Coburn (think he's worth a bit more than this...maybe a mid tier prospect coming back also) and a 2nd for Kimo (would be worth more usually, but the blood clot thing...that drops his value for sure...he could go down at any time and never play again). If we had our own 1st and 2 second rounders....that would be a nice haul....the 2nd second rounder could be used to move up a few slots in the 1st to target a player they really want....we need some flexibility like that. Right now, as it stands, our 3rd rounder would not let us move up in the 1st.

Yes i think he is worth a 2nd and 3rd Johnny Oduya was traded for a 2nd and 3rd..........and Mcturd was even traded for a 2nd and 3rd!!!!  :ph34r:

@ fanatic V3.0

The Flyers would only be able to eat 50% of Vinny's salary but Vinny at a $2.25 cap hit there might be some teams interested but we could only hope that Vinny retires after this season or next.

I'd be ok with them eating 100% of his salary.

I just meant for next year. The major thing we'd be giving up in Streit is his PP success. And I think Del Zotto is capable of replacing him in that role. Maybe not as effectively next year, but over a few seasons, I think he can do just as well. And by the time he declines, I'm hopeful there will be others who can step in.

I know what you mean. His value is just never going to be higher than it is right now.

I know what you mean. His value is just never going to be higher than it is right now.

Absolutley. He's reached peak value. 

That being said, I'm of the opinion that trading Streit (along with say Coburn and/or Grossmann) will actually make this team's blueline worse in the near future. I'm ok with that. Streit's 50+ point pace is not easily replaced. 

But if you can convert him into a 1st rounder this year, do it. In fact, he might be worth a 1st + a 2nd or a mid-tier prospect.

Absolutley. He's reached peak value. 

That being said, I'm of the opinion that trading Streit (along with say Coburn and/or Grossmann) will actually make this team's blueline worse in the near future. I'm ok with that. Streit's 50+ point pace is not easily replaced. 

But if you can convert him into a 1st rounder this year, do it. In fact, he might be worth a 1st + a 2nd or a mid-tier prospect.

How about this perspective and just for a second forget the record and forget how they have played this season.

Once you look at the roster just from a lineup standpoint.....and please don't have me reported for this comment....

12 Michael Raffl - 28 Claude Giroux - 17 Wayne Simmonds

24 Matt Read - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek

25 Ryan White - 10 Brayden Schenn - 18 R.J. Umberger

76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 40 Vincent Lecavalier

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

36 Zac Rinaldo----waived to AHL

44 Kimmo Timonen - 5 Braydon Coburn

55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit

15 Michael Del Zotto - 22 Luke Schenn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

47 Andrew MacDonald - 8 Nicklas Grossmann

26 Carlo Colaiacovo---------------3 Healthy scratches....these 3 as depth Dmen are to bad when you don't look a their salary.

35 Steve Mason

29 Ray Emery

Forget the salary cap implications and all and this would be a deep roster for a playoff push if they can get there. Now cap wise i'm not sure if this lineup is possible but just for today i'm going to focus on the playoffs and like they are just going to hold tight and do nothing...what you see is what you get.

This really looks like a roster that would/could be assembled with deadline deals which they don't need because well they already have this roster.

Now if they could only play better and more consistent we'd be happier with it.

Archived