Is Chiarelli's Job on the Line?

hf101

chiarelli.jpg?w=300

OR not?

“Whether it’s Cam or Charlie who said we’re all under review, I understand that,” Chiarelli said. “We’ve had a lot of success here in my tenure and Claude’s tenure. We’re having a down year. It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year. But I understand. We’ve got to make things better.”

Chiarelli has made some poor decisions... managing the cap is one of them along with having no patience with Seguin, trading away Boychuk a few days before the start of the season, and not replacing Iglinla.  But the Bruins have also had some line up injuries including Chara, Seidenberg, and Krecji.  

Chiarelli has had his Stanley Cup success.  So does any one else think that all of these comments in the media is really an owner's ploy to help Chiarelli make a deal by the deadline? 

I don't think so.

Riley Smith and Ericsson are quality players...but wrong for the Bruins.

At this point...I hope they do not make the playoffs as it would be a disaster.

Got to balance out the salaries and make some hard decisions with Chara.

@nORRis8  They could get an enormous return from a cup contender for Chara. Maybe even a top level prospect and a 1st rounder. If I was Chicc, I'd be looking real hard at that option, cause Chara is regressing, will probably be much crappier next season.

Chiarelli was hired in 2009.

In his second season the team won the Cup.

They've been to two Finals under his tenure and won the President's Trophy last year.

They sit, right now, in playoff position this season.

And people in Boston want to fire him?

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

Archived