Prediction: Wings break losing streak at Philly tonight

SpikeDDS

Howard will have one of his ON games, and the Wings will win in the regular season at Philly for the first time since 1997 to avenge their earlier loss to the flyers this season at home.

No Darren Helm yet, but I think the boys will be ready to play tonight.

Even a blind squirrel wearing a winged wheel sweater finds a nut every 18 years or so, eh?

Slightly off!

Holy crap, was that awful! The ONLY redeeming thing from that game was that the PP scored.

Hope Kronwall is OK after that hit by VLC today. He was in La La Land after that one.

The problem is systemic. Darren Helm alone is NOT the answer.

Hope the team uses this embarrassment as a kick in the butt to turn things around, because if they don't, getting IN to the playoffs is a question!

WTH is going on?!

DRB

Did anyone watch the Pens/Wings game? Your back up out played our number one goalie! Howard would've fared better! I would love if someone would take Fleury off our hands!

I watched it. Most of it anyway. Hard to disagree.

and that is his better games

[/quoteMrazek is NOT our backup, he is our future and the future is getting closer and closer to being now.

Howard is an average goalie, nothing more, nothing less. replacable by any other run of the mill goalies.

Mrazek, well he is a bit smaller than I would like, the emphasis now on growing them bigger being the prevalent idea right now, he is not your typical goalie, he is not a system or style goalie, he plays by instinct, kind of like a modern day Hasek. Not saying he is the next Dominator, but at 22, he has already won a Calder cup with Grand Rapids and is not embarrassing himself at the NHL level. I just love the kid. He has bad games (like the one against Pittsburgh two weeks ago) but his future is bright.

And i would still give you Howard for Fleury even up any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

and that is his better games[/quoteMrazek is NOT our backup, he is our future and the future is getting closer and closer to being now.Howard is an average goalie, nothing more, nothing less. replacable by any other run of the mill goalies.Mrazek, well he is a bit smaller than I would like, the emphasis now on growing them bigger being the prevalent idea right now, he is not your typical goalie, he is not a system or style goalie, he plays by instinct, kind of like a modern day Hasek. Not saying he is the next Dominator, but at 22, he has already won a Calder cup with Grand Rapids and is not embarrassing himself at the NHL level. I just love the kid. He has bad games (like the one against Pittsburgh two weeks ago) but his future is bright.And i would still give you Howard for Fleury even up any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Just take Fleury! If you watched Sundays game you have seen one of Fleury's better games! If not, his best game!

Talk about two sides of the same coin!  The entire team played impressively well, not to take any credit away from Mrazek.  I remember a couple seasons ago when Detroit really got shellacked by the LA Kings.  Babcock said in his post-game presser that this kind of beating was necessary once a while to get everyone right in the head.  That was probably what was needed.  Throughout this streak of poor performance, you could always find something nice to say, like one player who played well, or one aspect of the game that went well.  You can't say that after losing 7-2.  The only good thing was that they had a game the next day so it was still fresh in their minds.  And it worked!

@Capsized

It seems that every season in recent memory features a one to two week stretch where the Wings inexplicably can't buy a win.  As I recall, they are usually in late January into February.  While this one is a little late, it does have all the earmarks of its predecessors.  Even so, with a healthy win over the Penguins on Sunday, let's hope this is officially in the past.  

@Capsized

It seems that every season in recent memory features a one to two week stretch where the Wings inexplicably can't buy a win.  As I recall, they are usually in late January into February.  While this one is a little late, it does have all the earmarks of its predecessors.  Even so, with a healthy win over the Penguins on Sunday, let's hope this is officially in the past.

Every team goes thru it, rather now than in April. Mrazek is starting Thursday as a reward for his brilliant win against Pittsburgh (42 saves).

Archived