Flyers Versus Blackhawks, 3/25 -- Timonen Tribute

Howie58

@AJgoal

Agree AJ, great game to be at.  Other than the Stars game a few weeks ago every game I've been at has been entertaining to watch.

A warm welcome to Timmonen, and he deserved every minute of it.  Great to see him in the starting lineup and the nice salute by everyone at the game.  

We got to see Giroux with his first 5 on 5 goal at home this season,   :rolleyes:  and now Jake is in a 3 way tie with Tavaras and Crosby.  Good stuff.

This loss for the Hawks gets the Wild within 3 pts of the 3rd seed in the Central Division.

Where were you, HF? We were in 204. Good view considering.

Nice tribute to Timonen, and cheers every time he touched the puck. Chants at 4:40 of the periods, but dunno if they came through on TV.

I thought Cousins got a tip on White's goal, but I guess not. Kid had a strong game.

Close by AJ, 106  

I just saw where Simmonds and MacDonald  are out for the remainder of the season.

Yeah he did.  The last time I saw Cousins play in person was at a game against the Reading Royals during the lockout.  There he seemed slow and lazy.  He is a changed player for sure.  Good to see.

* Kimmo Timonen on the ovations he received: "I was thinking about it. I’ve gone through a lot of game and things throughout my career. Won a lot of medals and all-star games but that’s one of the coolest things you can as a player experience. So I just want to say thanks to the fans that was awesome.”

:bow:  :goodjob:  :bow: 

I was glad to catch the game on the west coast. Funny how no vlc, no umburger and the looked good.

Side note: when Simmer scored the first goal I cheered and my friend called me out and said " hey wait.... I thought you want them to lose for the mc David guy" lol!

Have to root for them live but when I just see a box score..... Best draft pick available this year

A true Flyer one of my all times favs...

Kimmo Timonen almost cried when thinking about Philadelphia

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/3/25/8290193/kimmo-timonen-almost-cried-when-thinking-about-philadelphia

I hope he gets a hat trick tonight...........

Two thoughts on the video.

1. It shows how important to Kimo it is/was to play in Philly. I think he will be back with the Flyers as a Player Development coach next year.

2. I hate that reporters keep pressing someone when it is blatently obvious that he is struggling to answer because of his emotions. The same kind of thing happened to Bode Miller in the Winter Olympics. Ask a question. If the person starts to show some emotion, move on to a different subject!

@OR... Could not agree more brother.

To our resident Pens fans: #WARRIOR

And to You...

9 games, 0 points, -2 +/- , 7 shots, averaging 12 minutes per game. Which is amazingly what Pens fans said his value would be... 6th man stats. ;) #overpaidforwarrior. #itstimewarrior #weallretiresometime. :ph34r:

Wow i didn't realize that was Giroux first 5 on 5 goal at home all season........ddddaaaaayyyyyuuuummmmm!!!

Yeah that scrub sucks, cant even play ES....

Just an average player who happens to play on a team that gets alot of powerplays....

And you said you've never smoked saying stuff like that?? Good more for us.

What are you trying to take phlfly G hate crown?

Who is phlfly....

this is also completely unrelated, but watching black sails when TWD ends, Its not on Netflix though 

Archived