Don't Shoot Me!

Podein25

Please God no. I can't stand that guy. Not a good very coach either man. Don't know how that team succeeded watching the way he screwed up the ones he's coached since.

Also didn't like the way he handled the Olympics at all.

I feel like I also should comment when I completely agree with you.   This would be an instance!

I wonder if Tippett wouldbe a good fit or not?

I think he would be, he is a defensive minded coach (and is good with young guys) and i don't think that would be a bad thing he has gotten a lot out of a little. He has 3 50 win seasons under his belt two with Dallas and one with the Yotes...Bryz owes his 50 million to him maybe. He and his system can be a direct link to resurrecting Mike Smith's career he just signed a big deal last year...yet he has looked horrible this season.

Tippett joined an exclusive club during the 2006–07, as he led the Stars to a 50–25–7 record, earning 107 points. He joined Mike Babcock (Detroit Red Wings), Scotty Bowman (Montreal), Tom Johnson (Boston), Mike Keenan (Philadelphia), Glen Sather (Edmonton), and Fred Shero (Philadelphia) as head coaches who led their teams to back-to-back 50-win seasons.

8 out his 11 seasons his teams have won 40+ games. 5 of them 45+. But i can't see the Yotes letting him go he just signed his extension in the summer of 2013.

Any tolerance of going off the reservation and going with a successful junior's coach?

Derek Laxdal maybe?  He's in the AHL this year but was really successful with Edmonton Oil Kings in the WHL.  If you're looking for player development...

Jason Fortier?  QJHL

Mike Keenan had only juniors, AHL, and a year of college when the Flyers hired him.  Different era, but would you consider it?

Maybe not to juniors.  Would you consider AHL?

Keith McCambridge from St. Johns?

I think those saying that the Flyers will go for "splash" are probably right, so this probably wouldn't happen, but would you be behind this approach or jump off a bridge?

Any tolerance of going off the reservation and going with a successful junior's coach?

Derek Laxdal maybe?  He's in the AHL this year but was really successful with Edmonton Oil Kings in the WHL.  If you're looking for player development...

Jason Fortier?  QJHL

Mike Keenan had only juniors, AHL, and a year of college when the Flyers hired him.  Different era, but would you consider it?

Maybe not to juniors.  Would you consider AHL?

Keith McCambridge from St. Johns?

I think those saying that the Flyers will go for "splash" are probably right, so this probably wouldn't happen, but would you be behind this approach or jump off a bridge?

Yes i just want Hexy to find a guy who shares his vision and is good with kids and has a system they will buy into. And someone we all can be patient with and give them time to turn this thing around.

Rux, absolutely. I suggested Blashill from Grand Rapids. I'd look to the organizations that are having the best success with new players moving to the NHL since we're going to have a lot of youngsters in the coming years.

I'd look to the organizations that are having the best success with new players moving to the NHL since we're going to have a lot of youngsters in the coming years.

Rob Zettler is one but i'd prefer maybe to start him out with the Phantoms head coaching job first.

He does have some good stories from the Flyer days. He was telling me how when they picked up Markov they had to put him in the stick room between periods because he always had to have a smoke. He did say one thing that was a little different from other organizations was he didn't have any say in Philadelphia when it came to the roster. Like call ups and trades. 

You mean he didn't say, "I saw the likes of Gagne, Rex, Williams, Primeau Rusty & jR and thought, boy... If I could get them to stop scoring, we'd really be on to something. "

Whoever the Flyers hire, I hope he IS NOT another "former" Flyer. I cannot for the life me figure out why they keep doing this. At some point this organization has to figure out that you can't win by giving your buddy a job, or by signing an aging superstar to a long term contract, hoping he might be guzzling his adult beverages from the fountain of youth

Dave Tippett would be my lone exception...but the Yotes would have to fire him and i can't see it happening.

I forgot Tippett even played for us, so I don't think he counts. Not in the same way, at least. He had a cup of coffee with us, so I'm not sure he's infected in the way that others are.

I actually agree with @CoachX and others - enough with the nepotism. I guess I'd consider John Stevens though. 'Cause I like cake.

If you go down the entire front office staff list, it's a "who's, who" of Flyers past. Hell, they even found a job for Todd Fedoruk....and NO, it isn't "designated punching bag"

Archived