Flyers Picking 6-8?

Huh were do you get those numbers? Debrusk is a LW...and goalie they can get through undrafted free agency or later in the draft.

Is that combined draft???

I followed the link you posted, and looked through the Flyers mock picks. Through 4 rounds, they had the Flyers picking up 4 D, 1 G, and 1 LW.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take either Provorov is suppose to be a better skater and have a better offensive upside. And Werenski is a left hand shot not right.

But Werenski could slide a few more year since he is going to Michigan.

OK, I just looked at the scouting report from the mock, which lists him as RH.

I followed the link you posted, and looked through the Flyers mock picks. Through 4 rounds, they had the Flyers picking up 4 D, 1 G, and 1 LW.

Oh ok i didn't do that i just looked at the 1st round.

Gordie Howe did it. He is ambidextrous.

Wow i did not know that. Ok so does anyone know that about Zach?? Everything i saw he was a lefty. It's not a big concern because i like him and would be ecstatic if the Flyers take him.

Sanheim/Werenski

Ghost/Morin

Hagg/Alt??

That would be a sweet blueline for a decade to come. Just sick.

I agree with Werenski at #7 for the Flyers the other guy Provorov i have to do some more research on.

Zach is younger by 6 months.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=186311

Zach

A smooth-skating, puck-moving defenceman that has a strong understanding of the game. Excels in key situations and is able to execute under pressure. Possesses good vision and awareness on the ice; uses his abilities to put offensive and defensive pressure on the opposition. All-in-all, a very strong all-around defenceman that consistently brings his game every night.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=242584

Ivan

An offensively gifted defenceman who can direct the game's pace when the puck is on his stick. Provorov is a quick and agile skater with an accurate release on his shot, which he can get off anywhere below the blue line; creates many chances on the power play and can even create offense during the penalty kill. Is an adroit and creative passer who knows how to use his teammates well. All-in-all, a complete defenceman who knows how goals are scored and executes accordingly.

Wow they almost have identical numbers playing 2013-14 in the same league USHL.

Zach 35gp 6gls 13ast 19pts 17pim -4

Ivan 56gp 6gls 13pts 19pts 32pim -6

Although Ivan played 20 more games.

Is that possible has that happened before?? I know they do it in baseball but i don't recall it ever in hockey.

I seem to remember that Gordy Howe could shoot either right or left handed, especially around the net.

Provorov sounds like a Doughty type. 

I can't lie i'd be happy with either one....i prefer making both picks instead of packaging them both to move up. It would be a sweet move to draft to studs like the Richie and Crater draft....except i hope they blossom and they actually hold onto them.

Just my opinion, but I'm thinking Poporov over Werenski would be a huge mistake. Take that with a grain of salt, cause I have not seen a lot of Poporov.....but the WJC convinced me...Werenski is the real deal.

Flyers can now finish no higher than 8th, and can pick no lower than 9th. One point by Columbus in 2 games (Buf, NYI) or a Flyers loss of any kind and they finish 7th worst for the second time in three seasons.

Just my opinion, but I'm thinking Poporov over Werenski would be a huge mistake. Take that with a grain of salt, cause I have not seen a lot of Poporov.....but the WJC convinced me...Werenski is the real deal.

You really can't go wrong with either guy. For all the hype that Hanifin gets, Provorov and Werenski are right there with him. I think Provorov is a little more refined offensively while Werenski might be a bit better defensively due to his size and reach.

Archived