Ryan White

flyerrod

I remember at the beginning of the season seeing his name on the roster and wondering" who the heck is this guy?" At the end of a very forgettable season, He has been one of the few bright spots not named Giroux/Vorachek/Simmonds. Ryan White is one of the necessities of a good hockey team that does not look out of place on the 3rd or 4th line and performs on the PK too. I seriously hope he can be re-signed for a reasonable amount. I would guess somewhere around 1.5 mil per which would almost triple his current salary but with his play, still be a bargain. He is UFA after this season. Here's to hoping he likes playing here. :thumbsu:

Love what I'm seeing from him so far. He is an annoying pest who can draw penalties and can score goals. In today's league, a guy like white is needed. I also hope they can bring him back on a reasonable deal

My Habs fan buddy was sad to see him leave Montreal and when I asked him about White at the beginning of the season, he said "You will love this guy. He plays Flyers hockey."

Guess he was right :)

Love what I'm seeing from him so far. He is an annoying pest who can draw penalties and can scoree goals. In today's league, a guy like white is needed. I also hope they can bring him back on a reasonable deal

I'd say guys like White have always been needed. And always will be.

Yes he has some decent hands and is good in the faceoff circle which is much need after losing Hall last year.

I want this guy resigned. He is a bright spot during this dreadful season.

Just some from Meltzer column.......

* Ryan White on the Flyers-Penguins rivalry and Pittsburgh players stirring the pot at the end of Wednesday's game: "It’s my first year being here. From being here one year, you realize that we don’t like the Penguins. It’s good to beat them twice in the same week. That’s the only thing we can play for right now is try to put a damper on other teams' things. They had a few guys last week saying that they’re going to playoffs. Chirping after the game. So it was a good win for us.”

* White on whether the Flyers players discussed the Penguins' taunts in the days leading up to the game: "We didn’t have to talk about it. A Penguins game is pretty easy to get up for.”

* White in reference to the atmosphere in the building and a comment made by backup goaltender Ray Emery: "Razor said something after the first one (goal): “This is a taste of the playoffs here, boys.' It’s a fun atmosphere to play in. Even when they game out for warm ups they were booing. Good to be a Flyer today.”

* White on how the Flyers withstood being so heavily outshot, especially in the first period: "Having Mason is huge. Making big saves. He pulled one out of the net against Adams early in the first period. Countless big saves. We stuck together as a group. We tightened up defensively. Had a couple big goals. But our goalie played great tonight."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Mason-Shines-as-Flyers-Complete-Season-Sweep-of-Pittsburgh/45/67697

This guy is a Flyer....get this guy resigned.

I guess I'm trying to say that a guy like White replaces the role of the prototypical enforcer.  In years past, you could afford to carry a guy who didn't possess much hockey skill, but kept opposing players honest.  Today's league sees those players being phased out and pesky players who can actually play taking their place.  A pot stirring player who can draw penalties, fight and score goals has always been a great guy to have on your team, but I see them as today's version of an enforcer.  These guys are expected to go out there and keep the other team honest, but also produce.

I guess I'm trying to say that a guy like White replaces the role of the prototypical enforcer.  In years past, you could afford to carry a guy who didn't possess much hockey skill, but kept opposing players honest.  Today's league sees those players being phased out and pesky players who can actually play taking their place.  A pot stirring player who can draw penalties, fight and score goals has always been a great guy to have on your team, but I see them as today's version of an enforcer.  These guys are expected to go out there and keep the other team honest, but also produce.

Ah, understood. Yeah, White can actually play. They must re-sign him.

I guess I'm trying to say that a guy like White replaces the role of the prototypical is the new age NHL enforcer type.

Fixed it for you.

So let's end the Jay Rosehill Zack Stortini experiment please.

A pot stirring player who can draw penalties, fight and score goals has always been a great guy to have on your team, but I see them as today's version of an enforcer.

I've thought the same things for a few years now, the pesky middleweights are the new enforcers....but can all sustain forechecks and create some decent scoring opportunities. A lot of people don't know, but Shawn Thornton from the Bruins had 93 pts in 701 career games, so he was one of the toughest guys in the league while still kicking in respectable offensive numbers....like you said, the new breeed of enforcer.

Ryan White was a decent junior hockey player and just had trouble cracking the roster in Montreal. His actual draft year, he was rated to be a late first round pick, but ultimately fell to the third when the Canadiens chose him. There's lots to like about him, especially the fact that he has no problems playing any role assigned to him. He's also got some unrefined skill and doesn't kill a team with bonehead penalties at inopportune times. He's the Anti Rinaldo, so hopefully this means that Zach gets dispatched to Siberia this off season. My hope is that White signs a 3 year deal and personally, I'd like to see him get 1.1 million a season for what he does. Great role player.

Ryan White was a decent junior hockey player and just had trouble cracking the roster in Montreal. His actual draft year, he was rated to be a late first round pick, but ultimately fell to the third when the Canadiens chose him. There's lots to like about him, especially the fact that he has no problems playing any role assigned to him. He's also got some unrefined skill and doesn't kill a team with bonehead penalties at inopportune times. He's the Anti Rinaldo, so hopefully this means that Zach gets dispatched to Siberia this off season. My hope is that White signs a 3 year deal and personally, I'd like to see him get 1.1 million a season for what he does. Great role player.

I figure he is going to be closer to 1.5 because as UFA he is going to get some outside interest driving up his price. If the price over 2 mil I would probably and regrettably let him go. Benefits are he knows he is going to see increasing playing time if he stays here and he has already become a fan favorite. He is a blue collar guy who has shown he has a feel for net when given a chance.

Archived