Will Boudreau get the monkey off of his back?

yave1964

Anaheim is in a great position. They led their division all year, they were aggressive at the deadline filling out the roster with Wisniewski, Sekac and Fleischman. They have had all year to set their roster. Most everyone is healthy, although Getzlaf took the last few games off and is dinged up a bit but said he will play.

Bruce Boudreau has always had a rep as a great regular season coach, IMHO this is the year that his team, at the least, makes it to the conference finals with very little problems.

With apologies to Winnipeg whose fans are giddy over their first postseason appearance since the game returned to Manitoba, I don't see them putting up much resistance. A good team in Winnipeg but a lot of walking wounded, the team is nowhere near as deep as Anaheim who has 14 NHL caliber forwards and 8 solid d-men which is what you need for the postseason.

If they get past Winnipeg, they will draw the winner of Vancouver and the upstart Calgary Flames which should be an easy matchup. I do not see either of the two teams presenting a problem.

It all comes down to how they deal with Winnipeg. If they defeat them, the conference finals are a done deal and Boudreau can finally exhale a deep breath.

@yave1964

monkey-on-back.jpg

Hehe...this might be the year...I have Anaheim in the Finals against the Caps.....who I THEN have shocking the Ducks by beating them for the Cup.

Crazy I know...but, like you said, if Boudreau can help take his team to the Finals, that may be enough to cure what ails that poor man in the picture!  ;)

@yave1964

monkey-on-back.jpg

Hehe...this might be the year...I have Anaheim in the Finals against the Caps.....who I THEN have shocking the Ducks by beating them for the Cup.

Crazy I know...but, like you said, if Boudreau can help take his team to the Finals, that may be enough to cure what ails that poor man in the picture!  ;)

I hate the Caps.   More than any other team.  But it would be such poetry if that's who upset Boudreau.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a little surprised how the Ducks walked through Winnipeg. I am not surprised they won but did not see a sweep.

It was not exactly your conventional sweep. For the first time in NHL history, a playoff team went into the 3rd period leading and lost all 3 games consecutively ....the Jets were right there, just could not finish.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say, it went under most people's radar...but Sekac is playing some nice hockey on the Ducks 4th line....didn't think he had this level of grit to his game....kudos to him changing his game around to accomdate his new bottom six role!  He might just surprise some people next year pts wise....but depends on the line he's placed on....

Let's see, so far through 3 rounds of the playoffs, the Ducks have lost a grand total of TWO (2) games.

One of those was in 3OT to the Blackhawks and the other one was a total fluke, with Calgary sending it to OT with a lucky goal with about 20 seconds to go in regulation.

The Ducks could easily have been undefeated so far in the playoffs. On less puck ringing off the crossbar in game #2 and they'd be up 3-0 on the Blackhawks and aiming for a sweep.

Basically I think the Rangers & Lightning are competing for a chance to get steam-rolled in the Cup Finals.

Go Ducks!

Let's see, so far through 3 rounds of the playoffs, the Ducks have lost a grand total of TWO (2) games.

One of those was in 3OT to the Blackhawks and the other one was a total fluke, with Calgary sending it to OT with a lucky goal with about 20 seconds to go in regulation.

The Ducks could easily have been undefeated so far in the playoffs. On less puck ringing off the crossbar in game #2 and they'd be up 3-0 on the Blackhawks and aiming for a sweep.

Basically I think the Rangers & Lightning are competing for a chance to get steam-rolled in the Cup Finals.

Go Ducks!

Orrrrr.....either the Rangers or Lightning are setting up the Ducks for the big fall.

You know....a team has it a bit too easy...then all of a sudden BAM...they run into a team that moves so fast, their heads spin.

I agree that Anaheim is looking damned strong (and not sure about the Rangers, but on paper, the Bolts may NOT match up too well against them), but I wouldn't go handing the Ducks anything just yet.

They haven't even gotten done with Chicago...............

Archived