Flyers sign Christian Marti (D) to ELC

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=766058

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=85322

Possesses a rare combination of size and mobility. Christian Marti, with his skill and long reach, has perfect shutdown abilities. Battles hard along the boards and will not quit until he has the puck. Plays with a lot intensity, as Marti loves to throw out punishing hits. He needs to work on his consistency and try to avoid defensive woes. Has untapped offensive abilities and owns a booming shot from the point, which makes him a reliable option for a power play unit. (by Rafik Soliman, December 2013)

I've been impressed with the way the Swiss team plays defense in the Olympics, so maybe that's a good sign.

Based on great coaching that only money can buy. Let's hope this works out better than our last Swiss D-man that we drafted.

According to the Flyers site he played a year in the Q, so that's probably a good thing. 5G, 5A in 46 games. Plus 14 although we all know that's a crappola stat.

Edit: oh wait, that @Podein25 already said that.

Possesses a rare combination of size and mobility. Christian Marti, with his skill and long reach, has perfect shutdown abilities. Battles hard along the boards and will not quit until he has the puck. Plays with a lot intensity, as Marti loves to throw out punishing hits. He needs to work on his consistency and try to avoid defensive woes. Has untapped offensive abilities and owns a booming shot from the point, which makes him a reliable option for a power play unit. (by Rafik Soliman, December 2013)

I like the sound of this...

BTW, I did some research and According to the Flyers site he played a year in the Q, so that's probably a good thing. 5G, 5A in 46 games. Plus 14 although we all know that's a crappola stat.

I like the sound of this...

BTW, I did some research and According to the Flyers site he played a year in the Q, so that's probably a good thing. 5G, 5A in 46 games. Plus 14 although we all know that's a crappola stat.

Thanks for pointing that out. It's good to know.

I'm still trying to get out of bed.

At this point you might as well just stay there. It saves you all the work of getting into bed. Efficient.

@Podein25  Is the Strawman a reincarnation of John Lennon?  I heard is cat is called Yoko. True story.

Hey I'm on my phone but is this Marti laying the hit on and then having to fight??

Nice check by him.

That is probably how it happened, or some of our amateur scouts found Marti while scouting Martel.

That and Lappy gave them some encite....he owns part of the junior team he played for the Armada right?

That and Lappy gave them some encite....he owns part of the junior team he played for the Armada right?

Have not heard about that, but I could see it happening.

Archived