What games do you circle on your calendar?

yave1964

mEsqMavKibCQvaOf_zliQbw.jpgUsed to be for me when the schedule came out the first thing I looked for was when the Avalanche were to play my Wings, that rivalry burned bright and hot for seven or eight years before the 'Lanche burned out, a rivalry works best when both teams are elite. Colorado slipped into mediocrity and worse and it no longer was relevant.

There are two teams whom I circle every year, must see TV, everyone go away I got me some hockey to watch.

The Hawks and the Pens. No matter who else is on I tune in and soak up every second.

The Hawks and Wings go way back, although in different conferences I still get keyed for the game and probably always will.

The Pens, 08 and 09 back to back SCF was enough for me. I am hooked, I love to watch the Wings and Pens and almost every time get a fun game. Sometimes it is played well, a 3-2 hard checking game, other times it is 6-4 with lousy netminding and poor play but wildly entertaining.

Who do you circle or make certain that you are glued to the TV no matter what?

mEsqMavKibCQvaOf_zliQbw.jpgUsed to be for me when the schedule came out the first thing I looked for was when the Avalanche were to play my Wings, that rivalry burned bright and hot for seven or eight years before the 'Lanche burned out, a rivalry works best when both teams are elite. Colorado slipped into mediocrity and worse and it no longer was relevant.

There are two teams whom I circle every year, must see TV, everyone go away I got me some hockey to watch.

The Hawks and the Pens. No matter who else is on I tune in and soak up every second.

The Hawks and Wings go way back, although in different conferences I still get keyed for the game and probably always will.

The Pens, 08 and 09 back to back SCF was enough for me. I am hooked, I love to watch the Wings and Pens and almost every time get a fun game. Sometimes it is played well, a 3-2 hard checking game, other times it is 6-4 with lousy netminding and poor play but wildly entertaining.

Who do you circle or make certain that you are glued to the TV no matter what?

For myself the first one with Hak behind the bench...a new era begins...but i will have to look at the schedule to pin point one and report back!!! I can't wait!!!

90 days till football season too!!!!

@yave1964

HHHHhhhhhmmmmm i can't find a copy of the 2015-16 schedule has it not been released???

Anyways i can just tell you off the top of my head the first Ranger's game....since they are the measuring stick for the East...then the 1st versus Tampa or vica versa depending on which one we play first both have kicked my Flyers ass for the last couple season...

...yes the Flyers may have sneaked in a win or two here and there but overall those two teams have had the Flyers number so i look forward to seeing if Hak can devise a game plan for breaking that dominance in the Flyer's favor.

For the Bolts, I ALWAYS look forward to matchups against the Bruins and Penguins.

Times may be a-changing now, but for several seasons, they have been the standard bearers in the East (and hey, they could still be strong next season as well), so whenever the Lightning match up against them, that is must-see hockey.

Used to be the Flyers and Devils back when the Bolts were just terrible and those two teams played elite hockey....funny thinking about it now, that I always wanted my Bolts to play hockey like the Flyers and Devils.

NOW if the Bolts played hockey like the Flyers and Devils, I'd hang myself.... :lol:

Other teams I look forward to seeing on the Bolts schedule from the East are the Caps, Wings, Isles.

All three of those teams can offer some very good offense to match the Bolts and usually lead to exciting games.

Western teams vs the Bolts?

Kings (always fun to see if the Bolts can crack Quick and his defense), Flames (now that Calgary is back on the map, they bring a very up-tempo brand of hockey...just like the Bolts), probably the Hawks after their current series, and of course, the Wild....having my two favorite teams play each other may be bittersweet, but it allows me to see how they stack up head to head.

For the Wild:

Chicago, Winnipeg, and Dallas from their own division.

LA, SJ (though if the Sharks continue to slide, it may not be much fun anymore), and Anaheim.

The Cali teams have ALWAYS been a nemesis for Minnesota over the years.

From the East, always good to see the Wild matchup against the big market Rangers, Flyers, Leafs, Habs, and Wings.

And of course, the Lightning for the same reasons I mentioned for the Bolts themselves.

Flyers vs the Patrick division. All the teams I love to hate, it always brings me such joy.

Coyotes - Panthers. Just to see if anyone actually shows up to watch. Or play.

Christmas Day. I'm gonna boo the crap out of that fat bastard Santa when he comes to Philly.

That antisemitic son of a bitch deserves all the boos he gets.

Honestly, the only hockey I truly "mark on the calendar" is the World Junior tournament that begins on Boxing Day each year.  Other than that, any Pens/Flyers or Leafs/Flyers would be a must watch for me.

Honestly, the only hockey I truly "mark on the calendar" is the World Junior tournament that begins on Boxing Day each year.  Other than that, any Pens/Flyers or Leafs/Flyers would be a must watch for me.

You gotta explain yourself when you refer to 'boxer day' to most of the USA living posters in here, they will think you are referring to a rematch between Pacquiao and Mayweather....

You gotta explain yourself when you refer to 'boxer day' to most of the USA living posters in here, they will think you are referring to a rematch between Pacquiao and Mayweather....

Meh...I thought he had a day dedicated just for his underwear shopping spree....

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but the day after X-mas is known as Boxing Day here in the great white north...  It used to be that lots of great "post x-mas" sales started on that day, but now "Boxing Day sales" seem to start even before X-mas.  Consumerism. 

@yave1964  Being an Ontario native, I immediatley search out the Leafs vs Flyers games....those are the games where hell will break lose between me and my many Leaf buddies...bragging rights....but so much more than that...we hang on every hit, every shot...if the Flyers sweep the Leafs...the shame they will feel is beyond compare. These games are BIG.

Archived