Johansen's remark is rather hypocritical

hf101

johansen.jpg

2011 fourth round pick Mike Reilly told the Columbus Blue Jackets Wednesday he would not be signing with them and would test free agency.   The NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement states that if a team has had a player's rights for four years, and he is no longer enrolled in school, the team has 30 days to sign him to a contract or that player becomes an unrestricted free agent. Some call this a "loophole," which doesn't really make sense, since the NHL club has held the player's rights for four years, twice as long as they'd hold a CHL drafted player's rights.

Shortly after the news Ryan Johansen told Reilly he wouldn’t be missed in Columbus via twitter.

@RyanJohansen19

We didn't want him anyway

Kinda hypocritical I'd say,  Johansen also put the Blue Jackets on hold for his own personal benefit.  Didn't Johansen choose to sit out in training camp last September before signing his three-year, $12-million deal?   

johansen.jpg

2011 fourth round pick Mike Reilly told the Columbus Blue Jackets Wednesday he would not be signing with them and would test free agency.   The NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement states that if a team has had a player's rights for four years, and he is no longer enrolled in school, the team has 30 days to sign him to a contract or that player becomes an unrestricted free agent. Some call this a "loophole," which doesn't really make sense, since the NHL club has held the player's rights for four years, twice as long as they'd hold a CHL drafted player's rights.

Shortly after the news Ryan Johansen told Reilly he wouldn’t be missed in Columbus via twitter.

Kinda hypocritical I'd say,  Johansen also put the Blue Jackets on hold for his own personal benefit.  Didn't Johansen choose to sit out in training camp last September before signing his three-year, $12-million deal?   

Big difference.

Ryan Johansen sat out to get his due. As a 1st round, 4th overall pick who had a 30+ goal season and 60+ point season at age 21 and lead the team in scoring, Columbus was trying to lowball him for a multiyear contract for 3 million dollars a year.

Reilly is a 4th round pick who has never played a game in the NHL saying "I don't want to play for Columbus". Columbus actually WANTS a defenseman brought up, were happy with his development and were trying to sign him.

They WON'T miss the delusional little crap hole. Good riddance.

ha

Big difference.

Ryan Johansen sat out to get his due. As a 1st round, 4th overall pick who had a 30+ goal season and 60+ point season at age 21 and lead the team in scoring, Columbus was trying to lowball him for a multiyear contract for 3 million dollars a year.

Reilly is a 4th round pick who has never played a game in the NHL saying "I don't want to play for Columbus". Columbus actually WANTS a defenseman brought up, were happy with his development and were trying to sign him.

Many balked at the 21 year old Johansen last summer for holding out on his team to start the season. Johansen got what he demanded and because of it from what I remember Columbus got off to a fairly slow start.

If Reilly can sign with any team he pleases per the CBA then so be it.  Why didn't Columbus sign him to an entry level deal sooner?    He obviously has interest from the best teams in the league.  Blackhawks, Kings, and Wild all have interest in signing him.  Columbus probably wouldn't match top bonus money, just as Columbus didn't want to pay Johansen what he asked for.   T

ha

Many balked at the 21 year old Johansen last summer for holding out on his team to start the season. Johansen got what he demanded and because of it from what I remember Columbus got off to a fairly slow start.

If Reilly can sign with any team he pleases per the CBA then so be it.  Why didn't Columbus sign him to an entry level deal sooner?    He obviously has interest from the best teams in the league.  Blackhawks, Kings, and Wild all have interest in signing him.  Columbus probably wouldn't match top bonus money, just as Columbus didn't want to pay Johansen what he asked for.   T

Oh course people balked. They did not know the terms that had been rejected. People probably thought he wanted O'Reilly money at 6 million a year. When he signed for 4 million, I thought it was beyond reasonable for a 30 goal, 60+ point scorer.

5'11" 156 lbs bwhahahahaha

not only is he acting like a toddler, he is the size of one. Good luck with his quest to be an NHL defenseman. 

Here's a hint Mike, Decca Durabol....

• 3 weeks later...

ha

Agree sometimes will you play hardball you lose....in this case Minny wins....

Archived