What a joke

The NHL allowed Snider to free up cap space (tagging space) by allowing the Flyers to trade Pronger!

If I could say F*+king joke I would.

People will by sympathizes with poor owners when the next lockout happens!!!!

Someone please tell me what is a cap circumvention, if this isn't?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NHL allowed Snider to free up cap space (tagging space) by allowing the Flyers to trade Pronger!

I get you, OSH, I really do. It's no better than when the league allowed the Flames to completely walk away from Kipper's contract even when they came out and said there was never intention for him to play the last year. Good on Hextall for pulling it off, but it IS horsecrap circumvention.

Basically the same thing as the Leafs trading for Horton. He is permanently on LTIR, the Leafs know he will never play again. A rich team like the MSLE board, that contract is a drop in the bucket. Zona still has a ways to go before reaching the bottom of the cap floor.

Why no complaints out of you when the Leafs traded Clarkson for a never will play again Horton? 

It was Hexy that made the move and a darn fine one at that. And since Pronger is already working for the NHL while not "retired" I'd say the NHL better keep it's mouth shut. How do ya like those apples!?

So you are obviously ok with previous two lockouts and the next one? And Snider will be screaming poor!!! Only a homer would think this is a good move!!!

I get you, OSH, I really do. It's no better than when the league allowed the Flames to completely walk away from Kipper's contract even when they came out and said there was never intention for him to play the last year. Good on Hextall for pulling it off, but it IS horsecrap circumvention.

Was Kipper a 35+ plus contract?

Basically the same thing as the Leafs trading for Horton. He is permanently on LTIR, the Leafs know he will never play again. A rich team like the MSLE board, that contract is a drop in the bucket. Zona still has a ways to go before reaching the bottom of the cap floor.

NOPE!!!

Horton is not on a 35+ plus contract!

Not really sure what you're bitching about?  There were no rules broken and the NHL approved the contract and the trade.

I'm bitching about two f@!cking lockouts, cap circumventing and one of the biggest whining owners that caused the lockouts.

Does that answer your question?

Now my question to you is why are fans so shortsighted?

So you are obviously ok with previous two lockouts and the next one? And Snider will be screaming poor!!! Only a homer would think this is a good move!!!

Homer does think this was a good move, he's just sorry he didn't think of it. ;)

I'm bitching about two f@!cking lockouts, cap circumventing and one of the biggest whining owners that caused the lockouts.

Does that answer your question?

No.  Where is the cap circumvention?  The contract was legal and approved by the NHL and so was the trade.

Yeah, Kiprusoff was 36 when he opted out of the last year, saving the Flames almost $6M in cap space.

When he signed. Not when he retired.

I'm going to be gentle. But I'm surprised how many fans have ZERO clue why we lost almost two seasons.

But it's ok because this a Flyers site???!!!

When he signed. Not when he retired.

I'm going to be gentle. But I'm surprised how many fans have ZERO clue why we lost almost two seasons.

Ok... So...

You're complaining about cap circumvention, and when I give you a clear case of it, even one that the team itself admitted to and was unpunished for, and that's not good enough?

Ok... So...

You're complaining about cap circumvention, and when I give you a clear case of it, even one that the team itself admitted to and was unpunished for, and that's not good enough?

Did Kipper sign a 35+ contract? Simple yes or no?

Not how old he was when he retired!

Any team in the same situation would have done the same thing. It has nothing to do with Snider. And just because people don't have a problem with this trade (and it's far from just Flyers fans who feel that way) doesn't mean that those same people don't think that some of the rules in play here shouldn't be changed. This would be a non-issue if Pronger could have just retired without any complications. He didn't get old and fade away, he had a single career ending injury. There is no reason to handcuff a team because of that. Put in a common sense rule allowing players who can't play anymore to retire and you won't get any of this nonsense. And yes, that includes the Horton trade. And the Bruins having to keep Savard on the payroll when everyone knows he'll never play again either.

Any team in the same situation would have done the same thing. It has nothing to do with Snider. And just because people don't have a problem with this trade (and it's far from just Flyers fans who feel that way) doesn't mean that those same people don't think that some of the rules in play here shouldn't be changed. This would be a non-issue if Pronger could have just retired without any complications. He didn't get old and fade away, he had a single career ending injury. There is no reason to handcuff a team because of that. Put in a common sense rule allowing players who can't play anymore to retire and you won't get any of this nonsense. And yes, that includes the Horton trade. And the Bruins having to keep Savard on the payroll when everyone knows he'll never play again either.

One obvious REASON!!!! The NHL (Snider and Jacobs) put the 35+ inplace a for reason. Now you tell me why????

One obvious REASON!!!! The NHL (Snider and Jacobs) put the 35+ inplace a for reason. Now you tell me why????

Neither Snider nor Jacobs return my phone calls. So why don't you tell me since you seem to know?

Neither Snider nor Jacobs return my phone calls. So why don't you tell me since you seem to know?

So you don't care nor understand the CBA and why we lost almost two seasons as long as your team is ok and away from their bad contract. Please go read up on 35+ contracts!

So you don't care nor understand the CBA and why we lost almost two seasons as long as your team is ok and away from their bad contract. Please go read up on 35+ contracts!

Thanks for the non-answer. Very helpful.

Archived