Media heat on Kessel from Toronto... Classless?

@92WickedHockey

Polaris was talking about the media as classless...not you.

I'm sure Kessel will be a model player for his first season or so In Pittsburgh...just like he was in Toronto. Then his lazy tendencies will take over, like they do, and we all know how that ends.

@92WickedHockey

Polaris was talking about the media as classless...not you.

I'm sure Kessel will be a model player for his first season or so In Pittsburgh...just like he was in Toronto. Then his lazy tendencies will take over, like they do, and we all know how that ends.

I'm thinking he takes the opportunity to fade to the background. He was never a discipline problem and if he's happy, I'm thinking effort won't be an issue. He's old enough now that he just might embrace the opportunity before him.

:Like many have said, Kessel brings this heat on himself. Flat out disgusting to have a pro athlete not be in tip top shape. He owes his team that...he owes his teammates that...he owes himself that. Sad part, if this ever got his act together, he could be great, just not really good....but it seems like he lacks the drive to take it up a notch.

@jammer2

The guy has out scored Crosby and Malkin over the past five years. Partly because he's stayed healthy. Maybe fatter is healthier? Lol

Moreso because he avoids certain high risk contact areas like the plague.

c2pADrv.gif

I hope like you that he will find his way, because he is so damn good even as a butterball that I would LOVE to see what he could do in shape. But he is getting paid 8 million a year for the next 7 years regardless, so who knows if the motivation will be there.

I'm curious on the reaction of the Leafs fans when the Pens go to Toronto on October 31!

I think it'll be another one of those "Toronto" moments where the team is mired in an 0-10-0 slump, fans are wearing brown bags over their heads, Kessel will score a hat trick against the Leafs, and the arena will be as quiet as a tomb. That's my prediction. 

Hopefully, some rookie on the Leafs (looking to make a name for himself) will go out and clip Kessel or something, start a bench clearing brawl, and fans can enjoy the loss a bit more. It's never good to go quietly. :D

I wonder if they'll throw cookies when the Leafs score if Kessel is on the ice?

I'd like to see cookies flying randomly into the Penguins bench at Kessel (when he's not on the ice), and then a hailstorm of cookies flying at Kessel while he's on the ice. But then I know that's probably not realistic. Or is it? :ph34r:

Archived