Player's jersey jinx...who are yours?

OccamsRazor

A hey here is a new topic i thought of during this slow time.......

Mine are as follows....

Hockey.... C #18 Mike Richards jersey......then he gets traded.

I hope this doesn't hold true or is a bad omen because i have Giroux's....before he was named Captain.

I also have Coots....my last purchase because i stopped because i'm scared of the jinx.

In football i'm an Eagle fan in case any here wasn't aware....

When i was a kid Jaworski was my first ever my mom bought me before the superbowl so i'm guessing '79.

Then my next Eagle jersey????

# 7 Bobby Hoying.......................i know i know it was a surprise purchase my mom made for me by doing research some how and finding out he was the "new QB of the future".............well we know how that turned out.

Then way later it was #22 Duce Staley (i'm also a Gamecock fan..we was actually recruited as a WR) he leaves 2 years later to sign with the Steelers.

#36 bought it after his history making punt return versus the Giants. Then he gets hurt and misses the playoffs.

#18 Donte Stallworth after that first season i thought he may be there awhile considering the sad shape of the Eagles WR corp.

He had hamstring issues that year to start the season and supposedly substance abuse issues...more than likely why he wasn't resigned.

#10 Mesean Jackson loved this pick in the draft.....but quickly soured on him after watching him and play when he wanted to and quit at times on routes and gator arm some passes then show his selfish side after getting owned in the playoffs versus the Saints...then say he needed more money...i was done with him and was glad he was traded.

So i maybe done with this for awhile because damn it i'm tired of seeing some of these guys go and even though i know it's not true i feel i may jinx these guys...so i am stopping for now.

So guys and gals feel free to share your stories of jerseys you have purchased and feel you may have jinxed....we have a lot of down time to cover till the puck drops.

I think i covered them all....if i left one off i'll add later.

A hey here is a new topic i thought of during this slow time.......

Mine are as follows....

Hockey.... C #18 Mike Richards jersey......then he gets traded.

I hope this doesn't hold true or is a bad omen because i have Giroux's....before he was named Captain.

I also have Coots....my last purchase because i stopped because i'm scared of the jinx.

In football i'm an Eagle fan in case any here wasn't aware....

When i was a kid Jaworski was my first ever my mom bought me before the superbowl so i'm guessing '79.

Then my next Eagle jersey????

# 7 Bobby Hoying.......................i know i know it was a surprise purchase my mom made for me by doing research some how and finding out he was the "new QB of the future".............well we know how that turned out.

Then way later it was #22 Duce Staley (i'm also a Gamecock fan..we was actually recruited as a WR) he leaves 2 years later to sign with the Steelers.

#36 bought it after his history making punt return versus the Giants. Then he gets hurt and misses the playoffs.

#18 Donte Stallworth after that first season i thought he may be there awhile considering the sad shape of the Eagles WR corp.

He had hamstring issues that year to start the season and supposedly substance abuse issues...more than likely why he wasn't resigned.

#10 Mesean Jackson loved this pick in the draft.....but quickly soured on him after watching him and play when he wanted to and quit at times on routes and gator arm some passes then show his selfish side after getting owned in the playoffs versus the Saints...then say he needed more money...i was done with him and was glad he was traded.

So i maybe done with this for awhile because damn it i'm tired of seeing some of these guys go and even though i know it's not true i feel i may jinx these guys...so i am stopping for now.

So guys and gals feel free to share your stories of jerseys you have purchased and feel you may have jinxed....we have a lot of down time to cover till the puck drops.

I think i covered them all....if i left one off i'll add later.

I do it too...

Stevens, Smolinski, Gonchar, Orpik.... Why do I bother? I wear old names or a couple jerseys I have without names on them.

I have a signed Lindros jersey.

I was excited to put it on as he returned to the lineup against the Devils in 2000.

The Stevens hit ensued.

I took the jersey off and put it in a crumpled heap in a box under my bed.

I don't really know where it is now.

My signed LeClair jersey hangs proudly in my closet. Still wear it when appropriate.

------

I also bought my UNC alum brother a signed Stackhouse Sixers jersey the year he was drafted.

'nuff said.

I have only owned 2 jerseys that had Flyers current players names on it at the time of purchase.  The first 1 worked out really well.  I got a Mark Howe Jersey as a present for my 10 year old birthday.  It was awesome and I wore it with pride.  It now hangs in my 5 year old's closet waiting to be worn (I cant fit into it any more but I did safety pin it to the back of the Jersey I was wearing the night they retired Howe's number in Philly and took much grief from the guy who sits behind me who loves to poke fun at everything and anyone)

The 2nd one was Mike Richards.  I got that as a present from my wife for Christmas.  The fun didnt last long with that when the Flyers "got different" but not necessarily better.

For the Phillies I got a Dykstra jersey for Christmas 1993.  That didnt turn out to well either.

For the Eagles I bought an Andy Harmon Jersey and he went down with an Injury and never came back....then I bought a B-West jersey which seemed safe but he left soon after that.

For the 76ers (I am not a fan but hoped they would end the Philly Championship drought in the early 2000s) I bought an AI jersey and gave it away to a real basketball fan once they lost.

For the Flyers Now I only buy old players jerseys if I can find them at a discount on eBay or blank ones that I can get at a discount (I got a winter classic jersey from the Boston Winter classic for $20 at TJ Maxx for example).  In my game rotation I currently rock Poulin, Propp authentic (autographed no less - the poor guy could not sell it and I lowballed him on ebay and he took my offer of $55), Kerr, Ron Sutter at the and throw in the blank WC and old defunct black Jersey that I also got at TJ Maxx for some low price.

No more current Jerseys for me....that is my rule from now on.

For the Flyers Now I only buy old players jerseys

I think that is the way i go to play it safe they have already retired and it safe to say you can't jinx them.............unless they get hit by a bus going to get milk....and well i guess it was meant to be.

Guys, if they ever make a jersey of me (I have no clue why they would, I'm just throwing this out there), PLEASE don't buy it. I want to live!

I have a Giroux Jersey, had it since 2010. Going okay so far, coming up for 5 years and he hasn't been traded yet  :P

Prior to that I had always had jerseys but didn't personalise them. Would seriously consider getting a Voracek jersey on my next trip over if he gets his contract extension (although that doesn't exactly guarantee guarantee a player will be here for a while as Crater and Richie would no doubt testify...)

I have a Giroux Jersey, had it since 2010. Going okay so far, coming up for 5 years and he hasn't been traded yet

The jinx isn't on because it's not an updated version with the C on it...............so keep it that way and jinx may stay away......maybe.

Got a Lindros jersey about a week before Stevens turned him into a bobblehead.

I was thinking about finally breaking down and buying one now....i think it is safe now.

I've always wanted a BIG E jersey....he is what lured me into hockey...and is still one of my all time favorites today...

I, really, honestly don't know where the damn thing is at the moment. Not really sure where to start looking, Could still be at my mom's house, for that matter :thumbsu:

That said, it might make a nice addition to my Flyers Kitchen if I ever get a Legion of Doom frameset going.

:hocky:

I, really, honestly don't know where the damn thing is at the moment. Not really sure where to start looking, Could still be at my mom's house, for that matter :thumbsu:

That said, it might make a nice addition to my Flyers Kitchen if I ever get a Legion of Doom frameset going.

:hocky:

And you said it was autographed???

That would be sweet and you better get to finding it before someone throws it out or worse pawns it.

Not sure how you feel about him i know he had his whole issues with Clarke and his parents crap...but we will more than likely never see another one like him again...back in the days when i didn't know anything about hockey when he was on the ice he just made me not be able to look away...just a bull in a china shop like no other i've ever seen,

just a bull in a china shop like no other i've ever seen,

Loved Lindros. Lost a lot of respect for Clarke how he handled it. Yes, Eric's parents were "problems" but "Mister" Clarke took things far too personally.

Jersey's likely in a box in my basement somewhere. Hadn't thought about it for years.

Got that and the JLC one (both autographed) at the Electric Factory Rock-n-Roll Charity Auctions back in the late 90s. Along with my prized set of drumsticks autographed by the Ramones.

I know where the JLC jersey and the drumsticks are :)

Loved Lindros. Lost a lot of respect for Clarke how he handled it. Yes, Eric's parents were "problems" but "Mister" Clarke took things far too personally.

Jersey's likely in a box in my basement somewhere. Hadn't thought about it for years.

Got that and the JLC one (both autographed) at the Electric Factory Rock-n-Roll Charity Auctions back in the late 90s. Along with my prized set of drumsticks autographed by the Ramones.

I know where the JLC jersey and the drumsticks are :)

The only time i got to see the Flyers play was i think it was 98 in Greensboro when the Canes were playing there. I got to see BIG E and JLC and Coffee and they won it thankfully...was a great game the whole arena was Orange....right then and there it hit me how many Flyer fan were all around and you weren't even aware of it...i sear it was so Orange you'd sworn you were at a home game.

I only have one jersey. Got it for Christmas when I was ten during the 86-87 season. It is the orange one and doesn't have a name on it. Old school ccm. My mom bought a large so it would fit over my winter jacket while playing hockey outside. Now it fits like a regular shirt.

I've always said I'd buy the jersey of the captain who won us the cup, still waiting on that one!

Archived