The Mighty Ducks are Back Via New 3rds

hf101

12 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on the new Ducks 3rd Jersey?

• Anaheim should have never replaced the Might Ducks Logo
    • Bringing the Mighty Ducks logo back is a childish mistake
    • Orange sure beats out Teal and Purple
    • The Ducks have waddled to far into the Flyers color scheme
    • other

The Mighty Ducks logo is back for Anaheim's new 3rd jersey along with a new Bright Orange Sweater.  It will be worn for the first time on Oct. 16 when Anaheim faces off against the Colorado Avalanche.

Ducks-alternate.jpg

So what do you all think?

I prefer the Mighty Ducks logo better than the webbed Duck foot, but I know it is too much Orange for this Flyers fan  :blink[1]:.

I think its cool bringing back the old logo for use on a 3rd sweater.

Although, if they REALLY wanted the complete retro look, they should have also brought back the color scheme that went with the old logo as well.

As for the orange, look, the Flyers may be primarily orange, but they don't own the market on orange.

The Ducks did use some gold on the sweater and that small addition saves it from being a "Flyer rip off", if you will.

I can quickly look at a Philly sweater, then look at these Anaheim 3rds, and see the distinction right away.........UNLIKE the annoying route my own Bolts took with the Leafs color scheme and design.

You'd actually have to see the Leafs' crest or the Bolts logo to tell the difference there.

Adding a bit of black to the blue n white would have made a WORLD of difference for Tampa Bay in separating themselves from Toronto, just like adding the bit of gold separates the Ducks from the Flyers schemes.

Now, look below at a concept some fans threw around the internet..........now had the Ducks gone with this (the orange one), THEN as a Flyers fan, I would be yelling "Rip off!", as the orange, white n black absolutely screams Philly colors and style.

The subtle gold in the actual sweater makes ALL the difference!

VaughnRoberts-ANA.png

They just look "cartooney" to me. Some thing a 6-year-old kid would name a team. Sorry Ducks fans but I gotta be honest.

The Hawks have a great logo - the best in the NHL I think.

• 1 month later...

The webbed foot design always reminded me of Super Mario jumping of Bowsers' fireball in Nintendo from when I was a kid. The duck face isn't up to and NHL logo standards either. They can do better than this. I bet in a couple of years, the logo will be more mature and substantial. Still you have to support your team! Emilioooo! .... I mean Go Ducks!

The Flyers should sue them for stealing their colours....hockey fans around the world should sue them for that terrible logo...either one of them.

They need to back the F off our orange and black!!!

The webbed foot design always reminded me of Super Mario jumping of Bowsers' fireball in Nintendo from when I was a kid. The duck face isn't up to and NHL logo standards either. They can do better than this. I bet in a couple of years, the logo will be more mature and substantial. Still you have to support your team! Emilioooo! .... I mean Go Ducks!

Welcome!  Glad to have another Ducks fan here!  

Daffy_Duck_1.gif

There are duck fans in Nova Scotia?

Haha.

Howdy partner. I am pretty much the sole Sharks fan in Halifax. LA always has some fans from the Gretzky era kicking around, but it is rare to see fans of Californian teams in Haligonia

There are duck fans in Nova Scotia?

Haha.

Howdy partner. I am pretty much the sole Sharks fan in Halifax. LA always has some fans from the Gretzky era kicking around, but it is rare to see fans of Californian teams in Haligonia

Howdy back. To be quite honest, I've had a family member join the team recently, so all of my hockey support goes with him. I don't know how I'm going to stay up until 2:30 am to watch the games though! Maybe I can finally figure out how to use the digital recorder. Also there are no Duck items for sale in this city at all! They are a looooong way from here!

The Mighty Ducks logo is back for Anaheim's new 3rd jersey along with a new Bright Orange Sweater.  It will be worn for the first time on Oct. 16 when Anaheim faces off against the Colorado Avalanche.

Ducks-alternate.jpg

So what do you all think?

I prefer the Mighty Ducks logo better than the webbed Duck foot, but I know it is too much Orange for this Flyers fan  :blink[1]:.

I wonder if purple or a dark blue would be better?!

Archived