Flyers to waive MacDonald at noon today

brelic

All things being equal I would have rather kept Matt Carle.

Praise Jesus, Can I get an AMEN!!!

I kept going back to this for two years and trust me, down this path madness lies.  BUT IT'S TRUE!!!!

If Homer had left Parise, Suter and Weber THE HELL ALONE and just resigned Jagr and Carle, just think of how less horrible the last three years would have been!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a result, I shall henceforth refer to them as the "Haxis of Evil".

As I see it, they are either evil mastermind puppet masters or they're complete morons.

I love this! Make sure you put a ( TM ) after it!

If Homer had left Parise, Suter and Weber THE HELL ALONE and just resigned Jagr and Carle, just think of how less horrible the last three years would have been!

I will never understand not simply reloading that gun. Never.

They had a second round playoff team with a Hall of Famer who was the idol of their up-and-coming star and Homer decides to chase two guys that didn't want to come here.

Three years and one playoff round later...

Let's not forget... he didn't lose his job. HE GOT PROMOTED. He's Hextall's BOSS.

let's just let that settle in for a minute.

I think it's Berube who was spotted working on register 6 at Walmart. :)

Listening to Hexy's remarks to the press about this, it really seems as though he plans to make a trade sometime very soon.

He stated several times that he expects MacDonald to be back in the NHL soon.  Once he even said that the plan was to have MacDonald back with the Flyers soon.

The only way this is possible is if there's a trigger to be pulled on a trade somewhere. 

And not for nuthin (and it'll never be 30 million dollars better) but I thought Mac played better than Gudas or Schenn in the preseason. 

Listening to Hexy's remarks to the press about this, it really seems as though he plans to make a trade sometime very soon.

He stated several times that he expects MacDonald to be back in the NHL soon. Once he even said that the plan was to have MacDonald back with the Flyers soon.

The only way this is possible is if there's a trigger to be pulled on a trade somewhere.

And not for nuthin (and it'll never be 30 million dollars better) but I thought Mac played better than Gudas or Schenn in the preseason.

Yep. And he's proven to be a better target shooter than Stevie Wonder.

Yeah, the problem with the situation is that either of those guys would have been picked up off waivers and nobody wants MacDonald (and the Flyers wouldn't mind losing him).

Schenn's UFA and Gudas RFA after this season.

Yep. And he's proven to be a better target shooter than Stevie Wonder.

Can we really say that? 

Gold Medal, Cup Finals...

Stevie's got a few more years under his belt, but so far he's got the hard ware and the rafter banners.

Yeah, the problem with the situation is that either of those guys would have been picked up off waivers and nobody wants MacDonald (and the Flyers wouldn't mind losing him).
Schenn's UFA and Gudas RFA after this season.

Oh absolutely.  I  get it.  I'm not saying this was a bad move.  I think this was the right move for the situation in all likelihood. 

Even if you're going to keep someone around just to showcase him and try to sell him in a trade, it makes sense to keep almost ANYONE on the team other than Mac because unless he starts playing like Shea Weber, no one's going to take his contract.   So you might as well be icing players that someone might conceivably trade for.

You've got Gudas, Schenn and Mac and no matter WHAT happens, until you trade a player two of them aren't going to hit the ice no matter what.  Waiving Mac is the right choice.

My main concern is still that the team isn't even really attempting to play that much differently out there.  Expecting any of them to look better without changing what they're doing on the ice seems an idea fraught with holes.

if you would like some comic relief the comments on hockeybuzz are pretty damn funny...  Isles fans, Pens fans, Tronno, Carolina - they all knew how bad this deal was from the beginning.   Only prob is that Homer had no clue...

I've been the Pope of this church since I founded it. That's why my confirmation name is "Peter."

I seen this and you're the 1st person you two were the 1st people i thought of........................................

mG2H6mi.gif

I seen this and you're the 1st person i thought of........................................

mG2H6mi.gif

Dammit, what do I have to do to be the first person thought of around here???

I coulda been somebody!

Dammit, what do I have to do to be the first person thought of around here???

I coulda been somebody!

You know this WAS including you too...i just referred to your alter ego...i'll fix it.........

I seen this and you're the 1st person you two were the 1st people i thought of........................................

mG2H6mi.gif

Think how much happier you'd be if you just agreed with us/me in the first place

:ph34r:

My quick deadline trade list....

1-Streit

2-Luke

3-RJ--i'm hoping he has a good year and proves he can help some team

4-Gagner

5-Schultz

6-Gudas

7-Brayden--he can bring the highest return

8-MDZ

9-MDV

10-VLC--highly unlikely i think he is bought out after this year.

Archived