2015-16 Calder kids, leagues to rookies to watch

yave1964

Bump

My prediction, based on the first 10 games: it's gonna be Domi or Ehlers, who wins the Calder. Ehlers has hit 5 posts/crossbars and leads the Jets in shots. He gets chances every shift it seems. 

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/Humble-Dane--338145922.html

The one game I was watching, Ehlers hit a shorthanded goal post with 3 seconds left....that kid is a true superstar.

McDavid was the best player on the ice last night...playing against the #1 team. It took him all of a couple of weeks to figure out how to play in the NHL. The Calder is his to lose IMO.

Or, his injury to lose. It is a shame, he was looking good!!!!

You know, he doesn't really fit here since he had a few too many games last season, but the Oilers have a youngster that may be capable of stepping into McDavid's slot in Leon Draisaitl. He's played three games this season and scored seven points. I'd like to see him work a good bit with Hall and Yakupov and see what happens.

Some other names that are coming to the forefront.

Sam Bennett 3 goals and 5 assists in the last 6 games and 9 points overall. Only 2 points behind Domi and 1 behind  Larkin while tied with Ehlers.

Colin Miller for the Bruins has a goal and 5 assists in the past 6 games and fans are clamoring to put him on the top pairing since he has been playing very well defensively.

Edmonton burning a year of this ELC will sure hurt in a bit

Leon Draisaitl. 4 games so far and 3 goals + 4 assists. Seems able to see into Hall's brain

Canucks 2014 1st rounder Jarred McCann is quietly having a pretty nice rookie season.

Yeah, he is doing okay. A single 3 point game puts him up with the others. Its hard to tell who its going to be this year.

Scoring seems lower than normal after a crazy 1st few weeks as usual.

• 4 months later...
On 10/8/2015 at 3:39 PM, jammer2 said:

@yave1964

Mine go...

1)McDavid

2)Panarin

3)Pasternak

4)Larkin

5)Ehlers

Looking back in retrospect, I didn't do to badly. I overrated Pasternak obviously, but did ok with the other selections. Ehlers hit a wall at mid season, but the talent is there, no doubt.

Archived