The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

No.. :angry:!   I am rotating him at the utility position for right now.   ESPN would make my life much easier if they just give him the damm winger eligibility! :P

heh. Since he is taking minimal faceoffs, yeah, winger eligibility is where he will have value.

I rotate the peripheral guys playing 4 games into the utility spots because even when Kesler/Fisher are not scoring, they are dragging in 3.5 to 4.5 points per game x4 for 16+ points on the week. Guaranteed points. Better when they score like last night, rare as it is.

This is the first time I benched Pavelski all season. But the math insisted I do it

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for a leap of faith. I am pretty behind my work opponent because he has Getz and Perry and they had that 8 point night. We are splitting goaltending numbers, but he is winning 5-2 in categories while we are tied in 5 categories.

I picked up Hellboy while Andersen is real sick, benched Vanek and I am praying the Jackets and Pens light each other up in a blowout game since my opponent has Bobrovsky, but I have Jenner/Johansen/Hartnell.

Bishop is another story. I have Backstrom and Carlson, so it is a bit counterproductive

Gripe:

Well, I finally did it....

Got fed up with Calgary defensemen bleeding +/- goals against, so purged my lineup of them.

Hamilton, Giordano, Brodie...all gone.

So if anyone wants to try their hand with them, good luck...they are all yours!

As replacements in the lineup, I went with Travis Hamonic at first, but word is, he may be moved soon, then flipped over to another team.

When and if that happens, I don't know.....but it surely would wreak havoc with my strategies if that happens THIS coming week!

Also, I can imagine if he has been asking for a trade and he has been in a holding pattern, his mind can't completely be on hockey.

He is a good player and has had some pretty fantastic games and been a good point getter for FHL owners, but his last two games, he has been in the negative in points, and I imagine, until he DOES get traded, he may not see many high point games due to the personal turmoil and unrest as to where exactly, he will be playing.

Crow:

So, after acquiring Hamonic, I dropped him right before matchups start tomorrow.

Picked up Arizona's Michael Stone, who seems to be benefitting from the young Arizona forwards' emergence this year.

He also seems a very solid defender and can often be found on the good side of +/-

Gotta be honest though, I ALMOST went with Radko Gudas.

Gudas can get you points from the sheer hitting the guy does! And hitting NEVER goes into slumps.

Problem with Gudas?

His +/- and almost zero offense kinda scare me.

I could live with the zero offense, perhaps contribute an odd assist once in a while, but as a D-man, his +/-, for fantasy purposes, simply needs to be better.

After all, +/- in fantasy is the reason I rid myself of Calgary defensemen in the first place.........

I've got a tough matchup against Bambi On Ice (seriously...??), who seems to have high end players at almost every position!

Hello from Disney!

Crow: I dodged a bullet vs Bak. Winning by 0.8 is TOO close for me. If I would started Kuznetsov I would have won by a wider margin. But no I had to sit him and his 21+ points on bench.

I need Larkin to get a goal and Mrrazek to lose since Bak had him as his goalie. I got my wish.

Gripe: somehow I won despite by goalies sucking last week.

Hopefully this week will not give me heartburn.

I got my first win this week in the HF league. I generally have pretty good success, so this year has been surprising in that neither of my teams is doing well. This is the kind of year I've been having: In my CBS league, I had enough points to beat anyone in the league. Except the guy I played this week. Just been that kind of year.

Gripe. My work league cost $20.

I got a pair of texts from 2 upset co-workers yesterday as I was leaving work.

The guy in the running for #1 beside me tried to orchestrate a trade where he acquires Seguin and Niskanen in exchange for giving up Monahan and Giordano. Seguin has more assists than both of them have points and almost has as many goals as Monahan has points, so obviously it was ridiculous.

Neither of them wanted to openly call these two on this trade being ridiculously lopsided to stack one team. I of course, don't give a crap about being cordial in hockey leagues when I have money invested.

I sent a leaguewide message to veto and it was vetoed within the hour. The guys involved in the trade said it was no different than me trading Karlsson for to acquire Burns(WTF? That trade is dead even with these categories) and were a bit irritated that I sent a leaguewide message to bump people's emails to make sure everyone saw the trade lol.

But seriously. I kept posing the question "How does giving up Seguin for Monahan/Giordano help your team?" and the fellow just kept ignoring the question. When people asked me how giving up Karlsson for Burns helped my team, I explained in great detail and 2 guys originally against the trade decided not to veto because my explanation made perfect sense(Needed goals, PIM's and SOG and I win assists by a mile most weeks anyways)

But I swear lol. Burns and Karlsson with these categories are razor close. Seguin more than DOUBLES Monahan's production.

@J0e Th0rnton

Without knowing the intricacies on your league, even I would have to say Seguin AND Niskanen for Monahan and Giordano is just plain stupid.

I mean really...Seguin is on the highest scoring team in hockey and he is having a pretty good season, as is Niskanen on the Caps....

Compared to Monahan (great young player obviously, but neither he nor his team are doing anything special) and Giordano who is pumping out minuses like nobody's business.

Makes no sense.

And while I think Karlsson is the better fantasy player (and likely better player in the league right now), I can see where a guy like Burns has some assets that could be more than just useful.

Seguin/Niskanen for Monahan/Giordano doesn't even come close...not even in the same flippin area code, as Karlsson for Burns.

Again, my perspective from someone who knows nothing on how your league is structured, but still can see what a ridiculous trade that first one is.

I have a guy who keeps trying to acquire Klingberg from me. I'm not against trading him, but I need to get some value back. His most recent proposal was Malkin/McDonagh for Backstrom/Klingberg. Our league is points averaged, with Backstrom is outperforming Malkin on a points per game basis, and Klingberg is doing the same vs. McDonagh. When my team is struggling for points, I'm not about to trade two of my best performers for lesser players in the same position. For a while, he kept trying to trade me a center for him straight up. With Giroux and Backstrom, I have no need for another center. I'm also not much of a trader, I generally prefer to roll with my draft and a few waiver pickups.

Gripe. My work league cost $20.

I got a pair of texts from 2 upset co-workers yesterday as I was leaving work.

The guy in the running for #1 beside me tried to orchestrate a trade where he acquires Seguin and Niskanen in exchange for giving up Monahan and Giordano. Seguin has more assists than both of them have points and almost has as many goals as Monahan has points, so obviously it was ridiculous.

Neither of them wanted to openly call these two on this trade being ridiculously lopsided to stack one team. I of course, don't give a crap about being cordial in hockey leagues when I have money invested.

I sent a leaguewide message to veto and it was vetoed within the hour. The guys involved in the trade said it was no different than me trading Karlsson for to acquire Burns(WTF? That trade is dead even with these categories) and were a bit irritated that I sent a leaguewide message to bump people's emails to make sure everyone saw the trade lol.

But seriously. I kept posing the question "How does giving up Seguin for Monahan/Giordano help your team?" and the fellow just kept ignoring the question. When people asked me how giving up Karlsson for Burns helped my team, I explained in great detail and 2 guys originally against the trade decided not to veto because my explanation made perfect sense(Needed goals, PIM's and SOG and I win assists by a mile most weeks anyways)

But I swear lol. Burns and Karlsson with these categories are razor close. Seguin more than DOUBLES Monahan's production.

All I can say is wow! I'm on my iPhone so I can't type much more.

I have a guy who keeps trying to acquire Klingberg from me. I'm not against trading him, but I need to get some value back. His most recent proposal was Malkin/McDonagh for Backstrom/Klingberg. Our league is points averaged, with Backstrom is outperforming Malkin on a points per game basis, and Klingberg is doing the same vs. McDonagh. When my team is struggling for points, I'm not about to trade two of my best performers for lesser players in the same position. For a while, he kept trying to trade me a center for him straight up. With Giroux and Backstrom, I have no need for another center. I'm also not much of a trader, I generally prefer to roll with my draft and a few waiver pickups.

Its hilarious when guys do that.

One guy in my work league always tries to offer his worst player for your best and then balk when you ask for an equally valuable player in return. "No way I am giving that guy up!. It's this guy or nothing"

Like seriously, I am talking he wanted my Backstrom for his Abdelkader(on an 8 game no scoring drought)

Then every time so far, he would drop the guy he was trying to trade to waivers the next day for a pickup.

All I can say is wow! I'm on my iPhone so I can't type much more.

I have a feeling the guy and girl texted me because they knew I would publicly voice what everyone else was thinking like a bulldog  and no give a crap if the two guys took offense. A lot of people at work are real pushovers afraid to get in arguments.

Mfwpeoplesaykimjongildidntinventthehambu

I was pretty stiff in my delivery too. I flat out said it was an attempt to stack a single team and when they balked and claimed it was the same as Karlsson/Burns, I demanded that the guy giving up Seguin explain how it helps his team(A question which he continued to evade answering the whole time).

I knew we had 3-4 Veto votes in the bag so I simply texted my bud Steve, who I had not talked with yet because he rarely checks email, and told him what was going on. He called bullcrap immediately and was the deciding Veto vote.

The league commish was also completely against the trade and had been talking to other angry co-workers, but he was afraid to take a side because he was the one I traded Karlsson to for Burns and people were apparently making him feel biased.

Its all crap anyways. They raised a stink saying they had 4-5 veto votes against our trade and that it never stopped it, but they are just posturing now. 2 people did say they wanted to veto our trade until they talked to me and saw how Burns helped my team, and then they decided not to veto because it made perfect sense lol

Its hilarious when guys do that.

One guy in my work league always tries to offer his worst player for your best and then balk when you ask for an equally valuable player in return. "No way I am giving that guy up!. It's this guy or nothing"

Like seriously, I am talking he wanted my Backstrom for his Abdelkader(on an 8 game no scoring drought)

Then every time so far, he would drop the guy he was trying to trade to waivers the next day for a pickup.

I forgot to mention too, that every time I own a Penguin, they suffer a serious injury. Malkin 2010-2011. Letang 2011-2012, and again 2013-2014. Maata last year. It's one reason I passed on Crosby with the first pick this year. I'll start drafting Penguins again when I figure the Flyers to be back in the playoff hunt.

I forgot to mention too, that every time I own a Penguin, they suffer a serious injury. Malkin 2010-2011. Letang 2011-2012, and again 2013-2014. Maata last year. It's one reason I passed on Crosby with the first pick this year. I'll start drafting Penguins again when I figure the Flyers to be back in the playoff hunt.

Heh. I am pretty lucky with injuries so far "Knock on wood"

Last year, Hedman and that was it.

This year, McDavid in NAHANA, but that is actually a good thing since I want #1st overall pick next year

@J0e Th0rnton

My trade offer got lost in translation, what I was meaning to offer was Backstrom and YOUR CHOICE of either Hellebucyk or Gibson for Rinne and whoever. Somehow Backstrom got left off, So kick that one around.

ok lol.

When I saw Gibson and Hellebuyck for Rinne and Vatanen I thought you were ribbing me. 2 guys who might not be in the NHL this year past their call up's lol.

I do like Hellboy, but it would still be too chancy to drop a true #1 and top goalie in the league for a kid, regardless of my love of Backstrom. I would go into next year with no goalie.

@J0e Th0rnton

Hellboy, what a cool nickname. I like the kid, a lot, perhaps more than any young kid goalie in the game, Winnipeg is struggling with a mediocre Pavelec now hurt and gonna miss six weeks or more and an awful Hutchinson stinking up the joint. I think he is here to stay. I am not big on the kids but a job is available for him and I think he will take it and run with it.

@J0e Th0rnton

Hellboy, what a cool nickname. I like the kid, a lot, perhaps more than any young kid goalie in the game, Winnipeg is struggling with a mediocre Pavelec now hurt and gonna miss six weeks or more and an awful Hutchinson stinking up the joint. I think he is here to stay. I am not big on the kids but a job is available for him and I think he will take it and run with it.

I think so too. I picked him up in my work league while Andersen is out with the flu for a test run. I was blown away by his performance in the world cup.

I just don't know if he will be Rinne good yet. Certainly not sure enough to give up a sure thing lol.

@yave1964

Alternatively. When Andersen comes off his sick leave....

I may consider Backstrom + Andersen + Hellboy for Rinne +Vatanen + One of my other goalies(if you want one). If you plan on ejecting one of your Dmen to waivers to make room for Vatanen, just include him in the trade?

Thought train is this.

If Andersen turns it around, then I have a goalie for next year. If not, perhaps Hellboy IS the chosen one.

I would hopefully not be left totally boned for a goalie next year?

Would give you Rinne + Dubnyk. Pretty powerful duo in this format.

Would give me the Center I crave as well as partially negate my worry that my #1 pick next year has to be a middle of the pack goalie

@J0e Th0rnton

Definitely something to kick around

You know my concerns about goalies :P

On the "This year" side, Vatanen looks like he is turning it around, and he plays on that coveted Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun schedule which almost allows you to ice an extra man every few days because his schedule barely collides with other Dmen on the usual busy "Tues/Thur/Sat" shifts.

I swear, if shots on goal counted in this league, Dmen would be more valuable.

I had a good week with my fhl teams 3 wins.  

I've been 1st now for 3 weeks in NAHANA for the first time ever,  I've moved up to 2nd... in the philly.com pay league - still some ground to make up to catch @yave1964, and I've moved back into the top 6 in the HF.net league. 

Why is Rinne getting shelled? Not impressed based on stats (which are barely average) but haven't watched much Nashville. Is it the team or is he not what he was? Solely on stats he doesn't seem to have come back from his injury last year.

Is it just Lavy's system coming to fruition?

Why is Rinne getting shelled? Not impressed based on stats (which are barely average) but haven't watched much Nashville. Is it the team or is he not what he was? Solely on stats he doesn't seem to have come back from his injury last year.

Obviously, I can't speak for Rinne's own mindset, but right now, the Preds as a team are slumping badly, and Rinne himself, for whatever reason, isn't doing his part to buoy the team.

Preds are having issues on special teams, and they aren't even really scoring right now either.

They only scored more than two goals ONCE this entire month...at one point, they got shut out in three consecutive games, and extending that, they got shut out in 5 out of 8 contests during that time as well.

Just terrible hockey being played by Nashville...and there isn't any real apparent reason for it other than the team (including the goalie) is slumping badly, and it appears to be getting in their heads now.

The team is playing very bad, as TFG said. They are allowing a lot of high danger shots and, well, not scoring or maintaining pressure. Spending a lot of time in their own end. Their top 2 Centers are both in their late 30's

I declined grabbing Forsberg on waivers for my work league after taking a close look at the advanced stats

Once the team tightens up and starts playing with confidence again, it will be better. They really REALLY need a #1 C though(Although even a #2 C would help them). Either play Forsberg in his natural position, or bite the bullet and trade for one.

If Fisher was not winning a zillion faceoffs, I would have dumped him in 2 leagues. As it happens, him and Kesler are golden for faceoffs, so it makes them consistently acquire points for me.

Archived