The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

Thought process? I attribute it completely to me screwing up.    :)

LOL ... thats ok..I had a massive brain freeze sitting Marchand!  Congrats on the win this past week.  Had I played Marchand and Jenner like I usually do then the final score would have been far closer.  Again Congrats on the win!

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Hmmm. Had 4 guys to JR's 8 last night and I am only behind by 5 points to start the week.

Ill take that.

Now I just need to get a substantial lead that can be considered safe over JR. So like 100 point lead? lol

I had a close to a 40 point lead over JR in the middle of last week and on Thursday he runs off 75 points to my 20.  Needless to say the week did not end well in my favor.  (Of course it would have been closer had a played Marchand and Jenner....oh well...live and learn)

Damnit. Why do I always have mega weeks against teams that I don't need mega weeks against and bad weeks against the terrific ?

Last week I had near doubled my opponent with 198 to 104, this week I am losing 134 to 141 when my average is usually 160

Gripe:

Headed for a loss this week. This will snap a 7-week winning streak and any chance to catch the top spot will be gone as well. Oh well.

This week's match up was particularly irritating. Why?

Because my opponent (Leafs Nation) is 7-11, has had trouble being consistent, yet he matches up WELL against MY team!

If he had a bad day, I had a slightly worse one. If I had a good day this week, he topped it by just a bit more. I have been behind every day this week in every matchup...and usually not by much.

Leafs Nation has the Lightning's number one C (Stamkos), the number one D (Hedman), and the starting goalie (Bishop)....while I have the number TWO C (Johnson) and number TWO D (Stralman)....doesn't take a mathematician to realize that number one's will usually outperform number twos all other things equal.

Kinda a slap in the face being beat on a week using my own real life team players against me too.

My mistake here likely was playing my Bolts players...should have gone another way (my benched players kicked arse this week...grrr), seeing as how Leafs held the better Bolts players in this particular match up.

At any rate, I have been prepping to face the number one team in Bantam, which starts tomorrow.

And although my chances to catch him are gone, still would be nice to be able to knock him down a peg with a win.

Bambi has some real good players on his team, but I came awful close to beating him last time we faced off...and I was handicapped by not having my top two C's then....well, I have them now....even though Anze Kopitar may be a bit suspect with injury right now.

Still though, I am NOT hurting at C.... Johnson, Kesler, Krejci, Spezza...I should be ok there.

19 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

This is insane. JR and I are tied with 149.9. I have Stepan playing and he has Getzlaf, Rakell and Green playing.

I need a BIG night here Stepan.....Oh, and I need Green on the ice at ES when you score

Oh man... And O'Reilly misses this game, right when I need him so much!    :|

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

Oh man... And O'Reilly misses this game, right when I need him so much!    :|

I think you got this regardless. 3 men to 1 is just too much. Unless Stepan scores 2 ES goals with green on the ice, Rakell already has an assist and Getzlaf looks engaged this game.

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

Seriously?

1 game into the week and my top goalie gets injured? Against the top team in the league in HF101? UGH

I guess we are even then, as I have Giroux playing and he may not get a game in all week. ;)

1 minute ago, hf101 said:

I guess we are even then, as I have Giroux playing and he may not get a game in all week. ;)

Losing Elliott hurts a bit more. He has been averaging 8-9 points per game and playing every game. :P

Now Allen has a chance to retake the starter spot, further hampering me :(

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Losing Elliott hurts a bit more. He has been averaging 8-9 points per game and playing every game. :P

Oh I get it,  Giroux's average was 8.8 pts last week. 

9 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Seriously?

1 game into the week and my top goalie gets injured? Against the top team in the league in HF101? UGH

9 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

i saw that last night.  Fortunately I have Allen...but I did not start him because I saw Elliot got the starting nod and the Blues have back to back games at the end of the week so I figured they would split giving Allen only 2 games this week.  So I started Anderson. Not a bad choice since the Sens play 3 week teams this week.

However I do have Elliot in the Bantam league. So I feel your pain.  And another thing...can GM's stop having have their best games against me.  I barely got by HJ last week because all his players finally decided to have good weeks.  He had is BEST week yet this year and of course it comes against me.  He scores a 137.  His previous weekly scores were :

96.3 121.5 126.7 62.8 66.6 91.4 86.5 104.7 71.9 110.5

3 leagues:

ESPN I have been pretty hot lately climbing into 3rd place at 12-7. No shame there, I put a lot of eggs in the Carey Price basket and had to trade Backstrom for Quick and Kesler to recover after it became apparent that Price was gone long term. The boys have responded, both adds have been lifesavers.

Nahana I started slow but have steadily been moving up the ranks, currently sit 4th and playing the 3rd place team. If my boys turn it on over the weekend I could pressure him for third, a very remote shot still if every single thing breaks right of fighting Rux for the coveted second place as the top two get a bye.

Philly.com I have owned it from week 1, I started hot and got hotter, a bit of a mid season lull did not hurt me as I played .500 for a five week time frame as the boys dealt with injuries. They are back now, I pretty much have the President trophy wrapped up so this week I am looking to make a deal for a third goalie and set my roster for the postseason with two regular season weeks to go.

Overall, I have had better fantasy seasons but it has not been bad, If I had not lost Price in ESPN I really think I would be challenging for the top spot with HF but I have a dangerous mix. Nahana I think I could do some damage in the postseason and I went wire to wire winning it all in Philly last year, I would like to do the same this season,back to back. Plus, this is ego but I looked up the highest winning pct. in league history which HF had at .634 (last year mine was .633, grrr!) and I currently sit at .650 so it would be nice to break that record as well.

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

3 leagues:

ESPN I have been pretty hot lately climbing into 3rd place at 12-7. No shame there, I put a lot of eggs in the Carey Price basket and had to trade Backstrom for Quick and Kesler to recover after it became apparent that Price was gone long term. The boys have responded, both adds have been lifesavers.

Nahana I started slow but have steadily been moving up the ranks, currently sit 4th and playing the 3rd place team. If my boys turn it on over the weekend I could pressure him for third, a very remote shot still if every single thing breaks right of fighting Rux for the coveted second place as the top two get a bye.

Philly.com I have owned it from week 1, I started hot and got hotter, a bit of a mid season lull did not hurt me as I played .500 for a five week time frame as the boys dealt with injuries. They are back now, I pretty much have the President trophy wrapped up so this week I am looking to make a deal for a third goalie and set my roster for the postseason with two regular season weeks to go.

Overall, I have had better fantasy seasons but it has not been bad, If I had not lost Price in ESPN I really think I would be challenging for the top spot with HF but I have a dangerous mix. Nahana I think I could do some damage in the postseason and I went wire to wire winning it all in Philly last year, I would like to do the same this season,back to back. Plus, this is ego but I looked up the highest winning pct. in league history which HF had at .634 (last year mine was .633, grrr!) and I currently sit at .650 so it would be nice to break that record as well.

That trade is turning into the worst mistake I made in any league this season. DUbnyk was as consistent as Quick UNTIL I made that trade. once the ink was dry, Dubnyk and the wild started playing like crap. Kesler of course I did not want to give up and of course, caught on fire right after I gave him to you :(

NAHANA, you have a tough week with Metadeke :P Then you face......ME! MWAHAHAHAA

My team has largely been and is still being sold for picks, but I am still giving everyone problems :) I had Rux on the ropes until the end of the week.

7 hours ago, hf101 said:

I guess I'm doing my best to give you the week.  All of my points are on the bench. uggh.

Both of us seem to have left a lot on the bench this week lol

Monday: I left 5.5 to your 4.1

Tuesday: I left 9.4 to your 8.8

Wed: I left 10.7 to your 2.5

Thur: I left 5.5 to your 18.8(yikes. in fairness to you, 11+ of that was Barkov who we did not know was coming off IR)

I left him on IR in my work league too*Slaps head

But yeah, I am kicking myself for playing Lucic instead of Galchenyuk and Stepan instead of Kadri

3 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Thur: I left 5.5 to your 18.8(yikes. in fairness to you, 11+ of that was Barkov who we did not know was coming off IR)

I knew Barkov was coming off the bench on Thurs and planned my yahoo teams accordingly.   I didn't know Giroux's status and thought maybe he would be back as Giroux was slated for 4 starts vs 4 for Barkov.  errrrr. :mad:

Ugh. Started the week with both Barkov and Giroux injured. Dressed Giroux, sat Barkov. Barkov manages to play last night, puts up 8 points. They have another game, so it'll drop to 4 pending what he does, but I am fighting for a playoff spot and playing one of the teams ahead of me - those 4 points right now would swing me into the lead. My one hope is Giroux comes back on Saturday and has a similar big game.

I agree, must win week.  After starting out very hot at the beginning of the season, my All Star team has struggled of late.  First Lunqvist had that horrid month of December, then Allen has been out for the past several weeks. I've been 2-4 the last 6 weeks.  Finally having a good week.  A win still keeps me in the running for the #2, or #3 seed.  #1 is now out of reach.  I end the season vs Team Dunlop and Inside Edge who have both struggled this year.  If I can finish at 14-7-1 I won't complain.

I can't complain about the Bantam League. After taking over the team I have gone 7-3 anc currently sitting as the #7 seed.  My goal was just to make the playoffs.  I'm hoping to beat Dumpster, but it will be close.  I finish against Team Gordon (losing record) and Leafs Nation (losing record, but has done well of late).  If I go 2-1 in the last 3 games, I finish the season at 11-11 and that should be enough to secure a playoff spot.  Zz left this team a mess, but I am proud how I have turned it into a winner with the potential to make some noise in the playoffs.  I sat Barkov this week not know his status.  He returns to the line-up next week.   Losing Elliot hurts, but it was just going to be a matter of tijme before Allen won his starting spot back again. (I have Allen in the other league).  Mrazek and Lundqvist are my other goalies.

I've made some bad choices this year and have learned from them moving forward.

Archived