Blame Ovie for the Caps Defeat to the Sharks

hf101

584-ovechkin-alexander-100330.jpg

Ovechkin was scratched "personal reasons" for last nights game against the Sharks.  The Sharks easily posted a 5-0 victory.

It wasn't personal reasons... Ovie was scratched from last nights game for oversleeping the morning practice and was benched!

Since the truth comes out in the media the day after why did Trotz need to cover it up?

584-ovechkin-alexander-100330.jpg

Ovechkin was scratched "personal reasons" for last nights game against the Sharks.  The Sharks easily posted a 5-0 victory.

It wasn't personal reasons... Ovie was scratched from last nights game for oversleeping the morning practice and was benched!

Since the truth comes out in the media the day after why did Trotz need to cover it up?

For whatever reason, the Sharks just do well against the caps. We are like 19-1-2 since 1999 against them.

For the same perplexing reasons, we suck balls against Buffalo

I agree with @J0e Th0rnton , Sharks simply have the Caps number.

I even mentioned that fact in the Caps season thread.....I honestly feel given the Sharks hot start, their history against Washington, their success IN Washington, and the style of play both employ, that it might not have made much of a difference, except that maybe the Caps lose this game 5-3 instead of 5-0.

Of course, we all know trends in history can change (Flyers owned the Bolts for years, for example, but recent history shows the reverse is now true), AND Ovechkin should have been playing regardless (not even gonna comment  on Sleep Gate), but I just think the Caps were underdogs, even at home, well before this game even started.

Would have been interesting to see what the full compliment of today's Caps, with no scratches would have done against the Sharks though.....guess us fans were robbed of that this go-round and are gonna have to wait till the Caps visit San Jose to see.

Ovie being scratched for personal reasons or over sleeping the practice it was not his fault the Caps lost the game to the Sharks 5-0. It more had to do with the Capitals defense not being able to keep up with a really good harks offense. Of course having Ovie out and Backstrom out who I consider the Caps top two offensive threats didn't help, but no one can just pin 1 player as the reason they lost.

I don't blame Ovechkin. I thought the whole Capitals team looked tired (not a good sign in October). I think the whole team was struggling, and not having your best playmaker and best scorer sure didn't help.

Keep in mind that the Sharks scored two empty netters, so it was really 3-0, which isn't a bad score against a seriously hot goalie while missing your two best forwards.

I don't blame Ovechkin. I thought the whole Capitals team looked tired (not a good sign in October). I think the whole team was struggling, and not having your best playmaker and best scorer sure didn't help.

Keep in mind that the Sharks scored two empty netters, so it was really 3-0, which isn't a bad score against a seriously hot goalie while missing your two best forwards.

I don't see how they could have been tired it wasn't a back to back game. Maybe they were out partying with President Obama and Michelle Obama. :lol: The Sharks sure have a nice young goalie. I don't know what his contract is right now, but they should give him a multi year contract because from what I have seen in him is he is a top notch goalie. Definitely not having Ovechkin and Backstrom in the lineup was crucial to how the offense played that night.

Archived