Barkov is Florida's Best Forward

JagerMeister

This guy is an adept two way forward and has been Florida's most dominant forward. Will be a Selke contestant I can assure you....

If you're only looking at stats however, he won't seem as impressive...you actually have to watch the games to see how good he actually is!!!

This guy is an adept two way forward and has been Florida's most dominant forward. Will be a Selke contestant I can assure you....

If you're only looking at stats however, he won't seem as impressive...you actually have to watch the games to see how good he actually is!!!

Nice for Sasha to get some love. He has some nice hands. Lindros-like to me (i.e. for a big guy). Not sure about his shot though. Decent I think.

I've followed him since he was 16 and drafted him a few years ago. The knock on him was his skating. Is it improved at all, or does it simply not matter? 

I cannot think of a better player for him to be playing with, than Jagr. 

Still a huge Bjugstad fan here, since his big ten days, and Huberdeau is developing nicely. Those two and Barkov, along with Eckblad form an envious young core. 

And Trochek - that guy is all over the ice and causing havoc. 

Fun Fact: in 2014 the Panthers used their last pick (182nd) to draft a 6'6" 212 lb Swedish behemoth goalie Hugo Fagerblom

Nice for Sasha to get some love. He has some nice hands. Lindros-like to me (i.e. for a big guy). Not sure about his shot though. Decent I think.

I've followed him since he was 16 and drafted him a few years ago. The knock on him was his skating. Is it improved at all, or does it simply not matter? 

I cannot think of a better player for him to be playing with, than Jagr. 

His shot is decent. However, he chooses to pass rather excessively. As for his skating, he has improved his speed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the length is more important than the cost at this point.

He was a pending RFA so they had "bridge deal" or could make a commitment.

Making the commitment is a big statement to the player and the fanbase. He's locked up 'til 27 - eating up two years of UFA.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived