LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2015-2016

pilldoc

He's scored almost as many goals this year as he did ALL last year.

But if you can believe it or not last year's team was worse. There was no Morin or Ghost. This year's crop is more skilled i think for sure. Dear God last year's team had 3 goons on it and Stortini was the top line RW!!!! Need i say more.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if you can believe it or not last year's team was worse. There was no Morin or Ghost. This year's crop is more skilled i think for sure. Dear God last year's team had 3 goons on it and Stortini was the top line RW!!!! Need i say more.

Last year was just a case of bad coaching amplified by finding bodies to fill spots.

As for call ups, Cousins should be that guy right now. He's put in his time, had improved immensely every year and is ready for a prime role at the NHL level. Why Hextall refuses to bring him up baffles me. It's like watching Vaclav Prospal all over again and how the franchise misused him.

If Straka gets called up, it has to be in *his* best interests, not the Flyers. No need to rush, he has looked great so far, but realistically, he is one year removed from a stint in the East Coast league. His confidence has to be protected at all costs, that means he is ready to play at the next level....especially without the puck.

If Straka gets called up, it has to be in *his* best interests, not the Flyers. No need to rush, he has looked great so far, but realistically, he is one year removed from a stint in the East Coast league. His confidence has to be protected at all costs, that means he is ready to play at the next level....especially without the puck.

Straka has never played in the ECHL.

QMJHL the AHL and NHL.

Phantoms win 5-2. Stolarz with the win his 7th of the season. Straka with another goal his 12th of the year.

Sam Morins scores his 1st pro goal. Martel, Goumas and Brent with the other 3 goals.

It be nice to get Straka on the Flyers but i don't want to damge him. ;)

Straka has never played in the ECHL.

QMJHL the AHL and NHL.

I must have gotten him mixed up with another Flyers prospect that got the ECHL treatment.

Just taking a peek at Straka's stat package....he is only 3 years removed from scoring 41 goals and 82 pts in his last QMJHL season. Since turning pro, he has shown steady increases in goals and points. A sign he is getting comfortable with the pro game. The goal scorer in him is being allowed to come to the forefront. If he keeps up anything close to his current pace, he will be a Flyers in or around Christmas.

Nice to see Martel chipping in on offense, that kid can outright FLY. Incredible speed and savvy moves. He will have a legit shot at making this team next season. Like many kids, needs to work on his play away from the puck, defensive assignments etc....but the offense and pure speed are things you cannot teach.

@OccamsRazor

This might be the guy I was thinking about...Marcel Nobels....another possibility would be Andrew Johnston. I think Lamarche did both ECHL and AHL duty...and even though he's gone, Cal Heeter also played in both leagues.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122575

Future Flyers Report: Petr Straka climbs to top of AHL in goals

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/future-flyers-report-petr-straka-climbs-top-ahl-goals

And can't get a sniff on a Flyer team who couldn't score in a whore house with a first full of 100 dollar bills....down right sad.

@OccamsRazor

I don't know about you...but when I said I'd like to see him keep it up awhile longer I meant more than one day.

Well i gave you the weekend. They are off till friday night so why not get a look see while they have some down time. Can't hurt a thing. I know i know you don't want to win so that might prove to be counter productive in your bid for the 1st over all pick!  :ph34r:

I must have gotten him mixed up with another Flyers prospect that got the ECHL treatment.

Just taking a peek at Straka's stat package....he is only 3 years removed from scoring 41 goals and 82 pts in his last QMJHL season. Since turning pro, he has shown steady increases in goals and points. A sign he is getting comfortable with the pro game. The goal scorer in him is being allowed to come to the forefront. If he keeps up anything close to his current pace, he will be a Flyers in or around Christmas.

Nice to see Martel chipping in on offense, that kid can outright FLY. Incredible speed and savvy moves. He will have a legit shot at making this team next season. Like many kids, needs to work on his play away from the puck, defensive assignments etc....but the offense and pure speed are things you cannot teach.

I have such high hopes for Martel. He's another Marty St.Louis/Tyler Johnson type of player. Incredibly smart on his skates, can move like there's no tomorrow and the puck seems to follow him everywhere. Not only that, but he's not afraid to go into high traffic areas. That's going to separate him from a lot of other guys. I'd love to see what he could do on Giroux's left side.

That and just seems to find the open ice for the one timer very nice from what i've seen in his 1st year as a pro.

There was a play a couple weeks ago where they were on the PP where he was hiding out behind the net and when the puck moved to the point for a one timer he quickly snuck to the side of the net and buried in a rebound.  Very reminiscent of how Danny B was able to get lost on the PP and then sneak in to bury the garbage.  

There was a play a couple weeks ago where they were on the PP where he was hiding out behind the net and when the puck moved to the point for a one timer he quickly snuck to the side of the net and buried in a rebound.  Very reminiscent of how Danny B was able to get lost on the PP and then sneak in to bury the garbage.  

Yeah it's sad a young prospect like Mark Alt can't get a callup for the Flyers all he is doing is leading the AHL in +/- at +13. One a below .500 team. I'd love to see if he could help like Ghost has i'd sit Schultz for him, who has just been bad.

Yeah Phantoms got blasted tonight 7-1 Oullette in goal for to start gave up 6!!!!

Stolarz came in the 3rd gave up 1 on 9 shots.

7 even strength goals!!!! YIKES!!!

As much as I really would love Stolarz to become a solid NHL goalie, he still has quite a ways to go yet. I do hope he gets there, but I'm not holding my breath either. 

As much as I really would love Stolarz to become a solid NHL goalie, he still has quite a ways to go yet. I do hope he gets there, but I'm not holding my breath either. 

Stolarz has done well when he has played he wasn't in goal last night till the 3rd period.

He numbers are just fine. 1.96 gaa 930%  7-4-1 those are good numbers.

Phantoms have 8 wins he has 7 of them.

The problem is he lost one of his best Dmen to the Flyers in Ghost and the Phantoms PP has struggled since.

As long as they let Stolarz get most of the starts he will progress fine.

Archived