Flyers Goal Scoring (Or Lack Thereof)

AJgoal

Someone just wrote a piece on who would be a good linemate for Giroux on another forum that made me LOL.

The ideal winger for Giroux:
1. Throws his body around and wins physical battles.
2. Makes quick, effective decisions with the puck, especially in transition.
3. Has offensive instincts to separate him from defenders and open up space.
4. Backchecks.
Things like high-end puck skills, skating and creative flair are nice, but secondary.

So... Scott Hartnell facepalm.gif

Someone just wrote a piece on who would be a good linemate for Giroux on another forum that made me LOL.

Nope i didn't see them say anything like all this while also falling a lot so it must be someone else.

If he winds up being a little better than Michael Handzus,  that's certainly not a waste.  He was an #8 overall pick so that he is a serviceable NHL player is a win, he's not the Fat Balloon or JvR.

Haha. Who's the Fat Balloon?

Pat Falloon. Drafted 2nd overall by the Sharks as their very first draft pick. Traded to the Flyers for a player and a pair of picks, one of which became Danny Briere (funny, that. Except for the fact that the Flyers traded a roster player, and a third and first round pick for a guy who topped out at 53 points prior to the trade, and never equaled that after). Was later traded with Vinny Prospal for Alex Daigle. Talk about a horrendous sequence of decreasing value.

Pat Falloon. Drafted 2nd overall by the Sharks as their very first draft pick. Traded to the Flyers for a player and a pair of picks, one of which became Danny Briere (funny, that. Except for the fact that the Flyers traded a roster player, and a third and first round pick for a guy who topped out at 53 points prior to the trade, and never equaled that after). Was later traded with Vinny Prospal for Alex Daigle. Talk about a horrendous sequence of decreasing value.

It got worse to the extent that they ultimately turned Vaclav Prospal and the pick that became Danny Briere into Adam Burt.

The most memorable part of Adam Burt's time on the Flyers was his getting pummeled by Domi in that 5 on 5 brawl where Domi refused to fight both Berume and McCarthy. Burt was also fighting someone else at the time...

The most memorable part of Adam Burt's time on the Flyers was his getting pummeled by Domi in that 5 on 5 brawl where Domi refused to fight both Berume and McCarthy. Burt was also fighting someone else at the time...

This personified the pussification of Tie Domi. That and his fly by punch on (can't remember who that was) totally away from the play and next to Bertuzzi's shot on Moore is one of the most cowardly moves ever seen on the ice.

He probably means the Elbow on Niedermayer.

Yes, Samuelsson deserved that sucker punch about 10 years earlier

That's the one. (Elbow on Niedermayer). I have to agree that I don't have much sympathy for the shot on Ulf....he has thrown his fair share of cowardly shots too.

Archived