NHL 1st Round: Pacific (#1) Anaheim Ducks vs. WC (#1) Nashville Predators

pilldoc

NHL 1st Round: Pacific (#1) Anaheim Ducks vs. WC (#1) Nashville Predators  

8 members have voted

1. 1. NHL 1st Round: Pacific (#1) Anaheim Ducks vs. WC (#1) Nashville Predators

• Ducks in 4 (sweep)
    • Ducks in 5
    • Ducks in 6
    • Ducks in 7
    • Predators in 4 (sweep)
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

All disussion concerning Ducks  vs. Predators series here.

Game Date/Series Location Time National TV
Game 1: Predators at Ducks Fri. April 15 Anaheim 10:30 p.m. ET NBCSN
Game 2: Predators at Ducks Sun. April 17 Anaheim 10:30 p.m. ET NBCSN
Game 3: Ducks at Predators Tues. April 19 Nashville 9:30 p.m. ET USA
Game 4: Ducks at Predators Thurs. April 21 Nashville 8 p.m. ET CNBC
Game 5: Predators at Ducks Sat. April 23 Anaheim TBD TBD
Game 6: Ducks at Predators Mon. April 25 Nashville TBD TBD
Game 7: Predators at Ducks Wed. April 27 Anaheim TBD TBD

Ducks figured out their middle six nicely midseason and are the best team in Hockey right now I do not see a real challenge tot he ducks here, although I do feel the Preds are a solid club and may win a game or two.

I'd really like the Predators to win this series.  They have the strong defense to do it and I think it is possible, but this will have to be a low scoring series to do so.

But I think the Ducks will win it in 6.

1 hour ago, Hose Head said:

Boudreau is a decent coach and will find a job elsewhere if he does get canned. The Ducks simply play like crap in the playoffs it seems.

Uh, Boudreau has coached 4 x 50 win teams and has finished 1st in his division 8 times, but only been out of the 2nd round once(last year)

If the Sharks get the choking label, Boudreau as a coach has to as well. Some potent Caps and Ducks teams he has managed with little playoff success to show for it.

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Uh, Boudreau has coached 4 x 50 win teams and has finished 1st in his division 8 times, but only been out of the 2nd round once(last year)

If the Sharks get the choking label, Boudreau as a coach has to as well. Some potent Caps and Ducks teams he has managed with little playoff success to show for it.

Boudreau can seemingly get them to the promise land(Playoffs), but he sucks there after. I really don't know why because like you said he had some teams that were definitely capable of doing damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Are  we measuring Boudreau's future tenure in days or hours?

I'm telling you, the guy is a small money coach and has been since his time in Washington.  When the chips are down and the competition rises, he comes up smaller than a 10 year old eunuch.

The Ducks may have wasted the primes of several players clinging to the wrong field general.   Hurry up and can him and get one last shot at it.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

lol. AJ it tells us when votes were cast.

I did the same thing just this morning.  LOL   I *think* this was the only round I missed in casting a vote.  I'm not sure how.

I think I had the Ducks because I was waiting for their tank next round but thought it would be a close series since Rinne resurrected after YOUR trade and the Nashville defense might be enough.  I was suspicious of Nashville's top two lines, though.  

They had just enough.   I still think Laviolette > Boudreau

5 hours ago, yave1964 said:

No way Boudreau survives the week unless he has photos of the Ducks owner in bed with a live man or a dead woman and even then it is fifty fifty at best......

I agree due is done.

Lavy in Game 7s: 6-1; Boudreau in Game 7s: 1-8!!!!

Archived