Game Over....but not done...

LegionOfDoom

While a loss is always disappointing, the Flyers definitely outperformed all expectations, which is always a plus. Important lessons to take to next season hopefully have been learned, especially on attacking and being able to capitalise on penalties. 2016/17 should prove to be an interesting year for the Flyers if these problems can be addressed.

They won one more game than I expected them to. More speed and a couple guys who can put the puck in the net would certainly help. At least we have Konecny/Provorov/Sanheim up and coming. A guy like Dubois would have been a nice addition...maybe Jost falls to us.

Great year. Rookie of the year or not, Ghost was great.  The first, second and third things that need to be addressed are scorers on the wings and adding another veteran D man. Maybe we have him in Del Zotto, I don't know. Outside of that, there is a lot of young talent to look forward to. I have questions about G and Jake as far as 1st line players. They have A LOT to prove next season. They were way too inconsistent. Simmonds does other things when he doesn't score, so I'll be a little more forgiving for his lack of scoring but he needs a bit more consistency also. There's plenty to look forward to next season. I don't think the team is far away from being a Cup contender. Please get rid of Matt Read.

Great season for a team with a roster in which 50% of the team is like hot dog filler.  They were not supposed to get there and they did, they were not supposed to win any and they got 2.  The non filler players and the rookie coach got the experience of being in a playoff push, facing adversity in the playoffs, and even winning and stealing games.  That is invaluable stuff that we did not expect which means that the rebuild is ahead of schedule.  Also Hexy did not sacrifice anything at the deadline for a run that was never going to realistically happen.  The young prospects got some valuable seasoning in the minors and some may make impact next year.  We are FINALLY in a good place when you take a long view.  (We have not been able to say that for a long time).

Today was tough only because I hate for hockey to be over but it was never going to last and for the first time in a long time the sting is not so bitter (it is still there but is not bitter).  It was our pleasure at the game to cheer them off the ice for overachieving rather than booing them off the ice for underachieving as is normally the custom.

I'm not sure if it made the broadcast but they did salute the fans after the handshake line and we cheered them pretty well which was nice to see.  We are trending upwards and good times are dead ahead.

On the other hand look at the Rangers they are on their way down the toilet.  It is going to be so much fun taunting them and their stupid fans the next few years!!!

For now lets enjoy the off season and see what tricks Hexy has up his sleeves to cut the dead wood and fortify the team with some shrewd moves.

LETS GO :flyers:

1 hour ago, JagerMeister said:

INB4 league wide conspiracy against the Flyers.

Huh? It was the 1st overall team vs a barely playoff team without their top defenceman and 2nd line center...we stole 2 games!

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Huh? It was the 1st overall team vs a barely playoff team without their top defenceman and 2nd line center...we stole 2 games!

Actually, if you think about it, without their captain, top scoring winger, top defenseman, and 2nd line center...and we stole 2 games!

Archived