Should the habs trade up in draft?

Welcome to HF.net @MrDanglez67!

With regards to your question, the Habs are slated to pick #9 overall.  Laine, by most experts will go either #2 (Winnipeg) or #3 (Columbus).  So the question really should not be ..should the Habs move up...but rather..What are the Habs willing to give up to get the #2 pick overall or the #3 pick overall.  Honestly, more than what I think they are willing to give up.  Both the Jets and Blue Jackets have good goalie and d-men prospects.  I think they would be looking for an upgrade in the scoring department..  Besides the #9 pick, I believe either team would want to start at least with a NHL ready player and the name at the top of that list would be Alex Galchenyuk. I just don't see it happening.  IMO, I think it would be too steep of a price.

56 minutes ago, MrDanglez67 said:

Should the habs trade up in the draft? And if so to what spot? Also what should they give up? Personally would love to have Laine although probably unrealistic.

As Pilldoc mentioned it may be unrealistic to expect the Jets/Jackets to move down without receiving a deal that wows them, and the Habs IMHO would be better off drafting a solid player at nine and keeping what they have. Laine would be simply too pricey.

BTW welcome to the forums!

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

If I'm the Habs I'd think about moving up to get Dubois. He's exactly what they need...a big fast mean francophone who can score. 

Actually, that's exactly what we need.

I really think Edmonton could be a good trade-partner candidate for this.  Edmonton really doesn't need yet another forward.  Unless they're going to grab Chychrun at #4, there should be a couple of decent defensemen for them at #9.  Montreal gets their winger, Edmonton gets their defenseman and whatever the Habs include in the trade.

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2016 at 6:59 AM, flyercanuck said:

If I'm the Habs I'd think about moving up to get Dubois. He's exactly what they need...a big fast mean francophone who can score. 

Just now reading your post, I just posted the exact same thing in another Hab thread....although I did not know PLD had a mean streak to his game, which makes him even more appealing. The Habs need to move on from the Saku Koivu's of the world and get a scorer with snarl.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2016 at 5:04 PM, MrDanglez67 said:

Should the habs trade up in the draft? And if so to what spot? Also what should they give up? Personally would love to have Laine although probably unrealistic.

On May 9, 2016 at 6:59 AM, flyercanuck said:

So, would you still think that if he were an anglophone? I'm just trying to figure out how this racist thing works. If you discriminate in favour of - for-  something or someone, that's OK? There's no way that limiting your pool of options based on what language you speak could limit your end result, right?

Like insisting on having a francophone coach, for example? That's not racism, right??   Grrrrrr...

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

So, would you still think that if he were an anglophone? I'm just trying to figure out how this racist thing works. If you discriminate in favour of - for-  something or someone, that's OK? There's no way that limiting your pool of options based on what language you speak could limit your end result, right?

Like insisting on having a francophone coach, for example? That's not racism, right??   Grrrrrr...

I think u are misunderstanding this he is not discriminating he is just saying that Montreal likes a lot of hometown francophones

he personally would probably take Dubois even if he was English and probably the habs too he is just joking that Montreal always takes French guys. Hope this clears it up a bit.

20 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

What Mr.Dangles said...I'm a big fan of Dubois...him being french is the last thing on a long list of plus' that Montreal would love about him.

Archived