Fleury got the start, and lost, what would you have done?

nossagog

Fleury or Murray?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What would you have done in the Pens goaltending situation

• Stay with Murray, kid had one bad game, and bounces back well
    • Go with Fleury even though he hasn't started in a month and a half

2 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

May the speed that play happened?  Not a single goalie in the league stops that puck.   Your average wrap around sure, but that puck is on Kucherov's stick the second he stops the first shot.  That's just the bounce he got.  No goalie stops that puck.  It's already two feet around the net before Fleury is even upright again.  

It was not even that fast!! Are you serious!???? Get outta here, if you think that is fast, you must think fast plays are on fast forward.... lmao - watch it again and then watch an every day wrap by Johnson, Stamkos, Duchene, Giroux, McDavid and anyone else. Open your eyes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

May the speed that play happened?  Not a single goalie in the league stops that puck.   Your average wrap around sure, but that puck is on Kucherov's stick the second he stops the first shot.  That's just the bounce he got.  No goalie stops that puck.  It's already two feet around the net before Fleury is even upright again.  

Apparently Jane Fonda has family in the Tampa area? :CelebratingSmiley:

A little late to the conversation here, but starting Fleury was the right call.  :crazysmile:

MAF had a great 2nd half to the season before going down with a concussion. He's been backing up Murray for weeks.  The game Murray was pulled, MAF played solid.  Since MAF is a part of the Pens plans next year to the best of my knowledge, then yeah, I completely agree with Sullivan starting Fleury.  

MAF is a solid netminder when he stays in his net, the problem is he get's excited and get's out of position- flops around, etc. (The Flyers key to beating the Pens) he becomes very beatable.  Which imo, is exactly what happened.  

I think the bigger question right now is who starts game 6?

15 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

I'm agreeing with you a lot lately ...lets talk guns,drugs and politics   :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth: 

That play happened so fast in real time I wasn't sure what had happened...it was perhaps the luckiest bounce in the playoffs; off Fluery's equipment and on to the streaking Kucherov's blade, in full stride.  MAF didn't stand a chance 

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/kucherov-wraps-game-tying-goal-043546017.html

He almost got to it also...not sure what that other fella is looking at.

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

I don't know that it matters, if Letang , Malkin and Crosby all play like they did in game 5 this series is over.

Letang has looked "off" to me the last two games, Polaris was saying he's heard some guys are really banged up, i wonder if he's one of them ?

The forwards for the Pens need to carry them, they need to be hard on the puck , fast and playing in the offensive zone 15 minutes a period... like they have been since February.  That defense with no Daley and a shaky's pizza looking 58 will need help from the forwards 

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

A little late to the conversation here, but starting Fleury was the right call.  :crazysmile:

MAF had a great 2nd half to the season before going down with a concussion. He's been backing up Murray for weeks.  The game Murray was pulled, MAF played solid.  Since MAF is a part of the Pens plans next year to the best of my knowledge, then yeah, I completely agree with Sullivan starting Fleury.  

MAF is a solid netminder when he stays in his net, the problem is he get's excited and get's out of position- flops around, etc. (The Flyers key to beating the Pens) he becomes very beatable.  Which imo, is exactly what happened.  

To save face, it has to be Fleury.   He went with the, "He's the goalie that gives us the best chance to win" line for game 5. If it is NOT Fleury, then Sullivan will be admitting he made a mistake starting him in Game 5. And that means he has no confidence in Fleury. 

By the way, played solid was 7 saves in relief for game 4, that's all he faced.  I would not have taken too much from that. 

42 minutes ago, nossagog said:

To save face, it has to be Fleury.   He went with the, "He's the goalie that gives us the best chance to win" line for game 5. If it is NOT Fleury, then Sullivan will be admitting he made a mistake starting him in Game 5. And that means he has no confidence in Fleury. 

By the way, played solid was 7 saves in relief for game 4, that's all he faced.  I would not have taken too much from that. 

Completely agree with this line of thinking as well.   Sullivan almost backed himself into a corner and has to play Flower.   personally I would have stuck w/ Murray to see if he rebounded.   This should be another awesome game... I have been enjoying this series...  

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

I agree with that thought process but....Sullivan doesn't strike me as a "save face" type.  He's bought himself some slack just getting the team to this point so if they flame out tonight and whoever he picks is the reason why it's not going to be a job security issue for him.  He's playing with house money right now. If he thinks Murray gives them the best chance to win then Murray it is.  If he thinks it's Fleury, then.... :-)

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Letang has looked "off" to me the last two games, Polaris was saying he's heard some guys are really banged up, i wonder if he's one of them ?

Aftereffects of the hit by Callahan?

6 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Aftereffects of the hit by Callahan?

maybe, i would have thought we'd have seen those effects earlier though.  Maybe the hit and travel schedule exacerbates the symptoms...I don't know I thought he was great in Game 2 and game 3 in Tampa. I don't know everything about concussions so maybe symptoms can be delayed by a week... Maybe he's got some other injury that's been on the downlow that's being stressed by his heavy workload.

31 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Looks like Sullivan is going with Murray tonight...

Just saw that too, I'm very surprised. To me this is a clear vote of no confidence for MAF. Murray is the guy now

20 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

@ flyercanuck I'll take a couple of your draft picks in this years' draft! Second thought 1 high pick this year and a high pick next year!

Speaking only for myself, I'll pass on that one

40 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

@ flyercanuck I'll take a couple of your draft picks in this years' draft! Second thought 1 high pick this year and a high pick next year!

...um...no.

Archived