Flyers Off-Season Game Plan

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HHHHhhhhhhhhhmmmmm a list of the top 40....

THE TOP 40 FREE AGENTS

RK PLAYER TEAM POS AGE GP G PTS 15-16
1 Steven Stamkos TBL C 26 77 36 64 $7.5 M
2 Milan Lucic LAK LW 28 81 20 55 $6 M
3 Kyle Okposo NYI RW 28 79 22 64 $2.8 M
4 Loui Eriksson Bos LW 30 82 30 63 $4.25 M
5 Andrew Ladd CHI LW 30 78 25 46 $4.4 M
6 Jimmy Vesey Harvard LW 23 33 24 46 -
7 Mikkel Boedker Col RW 26 80 17 51 $3.75 M
8 David Backes StL C 32 79 21 45 $4.5 M
9 Frans Nielsen NYI C 32 81 20 52 $2.75 M
10 Jason Demers Dal RD 28 62 7 23 $3.4 M
11 Troy Brouwer StL RW 30 82 18 39 $3.66 M
12 Brian Campbell Fla LD 37 82 6 31 $7.14 M
13 David Perron Ana LW 28 71 12 36 $3.81 M
14 Kris Russell Dal LD 29 62 4 19 $2.6 M
15 Jamie McGinn Ana LW 27 84 22 39 $2.95 M
16 Dan Hamhuis Van LD 33 58 3 13 $4.5 M
17 Lee Stempniak Bos RW 33 82 19 51 $850 K
18 James Reimer SJS G 28 40 2.31 .922 $2.3 M
19 Eric Staal NYR C 31 83 13 39 $8.25 M
20 Darren Helm Det RW 29 77 13 26 $2.13 M
21 Shane Doan Ari RW 39 72 28 47 $5.3 M
22 Matt Martin NYI LW 27 80 10 19 $1 M
23 Jiri Hudler Fla RW 32 72 16 46 $4 M
24 Luke Schenn LAK RD 26 72 4 16 $3.6 M
25 Justin Schultz Pit RD 25 63 4 18 $3.9 M
26 Jason Chimera Wsh LW 37 82 20 40 $2 M
27 Radim Vrbata Van RW 35 63 13 27 $5 M
28 Teddy Purcell Fla RW 30 76 14 43 $4.5 M
29 Ben Lovejoy Pit RD 32 66 4 10 $1.1 M
30 Roman Polak SJS RD 30 79 1 16 $2.75 M
31 Kris Versteeg LAK RW 30 77 15 38 $4.4 M
32 Thomas Vanek Min LW 32 74 18 41 $6.5 M
33 Dale Weise Chi RW 27 71 14 27 $1.03 M
34 P.A. Parenteau Tor LW 33 77 20 41 $1.33 M
35 Shawn Matthias Col LW 28 71 12 28 $2.3 M
36 Sam Gagner Phi C 26 53 8 16 $4.8 M
37 Chad Johnson Buf G 30 45 2.36 .920 $1.3 M
38 David Schlemko NJD LD 29 67 6 19 $625K
39 Jared Cowen Tor LD 25 37 0 4 $3.1 M
40 Jhonas Enroth LAK G 28 16 2.17 .922 $1.25 M

Interesting quote by Meltzer today:

"As for the likes of Ivan Provorov and Travis Konecny, two players whom the Flyers believe will make NHL impacts in the future, the organization is NOT planning as if roster spots need to be "held" for either or both on opening night. They are both going to have to have standout training camps to convince general manager Ron Hextall -- who is also not a big fan of the "nine-game trial" method -- they are ready now for the NHL. Being "too good for the CHL" (which is hard to deny at this point, especially for Provorov) is not necessarily the same thing as NHL-ready.

For those fans banking on Provorov as a "shoo-in" for the NHL this season and Konecny as a "likely" NHL roster player this season, consider yourself forewarned: it's not a guarantee in any way, shape or form. If there is any doubt, the Flyers are going to err on the side of caution and send them back to their junior teams. It won't be popular if that happens, but it should not be surprising if one is paying attention."

29 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

"As for the likes of Ivan Provorov and Travis Konecny, two players whom the Flyers believe will make NHL impacts in the future, the organization is NOT planning as if roster spots need to be "held" for either or both on opening night. They are both going to have to have standout training camps to convince general manager Ron Hextall -- who is also not a big fan of the "nine-game trial" method -- they are ready now for the NHL. Being "too good for the CHL" (which is hard to deny at this point, especially for Provorov) is not necessarily the same thing as NHL-ready.

For those fans banking on Provorov as a "shoo-in" for the NHL this season and Konecny as a "likely" NHL roster player this season, consider yourself forewarned: it's not a guarantee in any way, shape or form. If there is any doubt, the Flyers are going to err on the side of caution and send them back to their junior teams. It won't be popular if that happens, but it should not be surprising if one is paying attention."

And that's the way it should be. :ok:

3 hours ago, AJgoal said:

No worries Provorov will be a Flyer this year. Consider yourself forewarned....that is all carry on.:5726b5fbef6cc_pyramiddance:

As we speak the Flyer blueline consist of as follows:

Ghost

Del Zotto

Streit

Gudas

Schultz

Manning (not signed yet)

Mcdud

So looking at that lineup you can honestly say/think Provorov can't beat out at least half of those guys above??? I say hands down right now he is better than half of them.

So welcome aboard Ivan!!!

37 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

@OccamsRazor

I'm not saying he will or won't....same with Konecny...I just love the fact that Hextall is making these guys earn it!

Well he won't be able to beat this guy out...

Bh6bqTcCYAAPyOm.jpg

So as of right now...

Brayden Schenn - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek

Michael Raffl -  Sean Couturier - Wayne Simmonds

Matt Read - Scott Laughton - Dale Weise

Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Boyd Gordon - Nick Cousins

Chris Vandevelde - Jordan Weal

Shayne Gostisbehere - Michael Del Zotto

Ivan Provorov - Radko Gudas

Nick Schultz - Brandon Manning

Andrew Macdonald - Mark Streit (i think he'll be traded before season starts)

Steve Mason

Michal Neuvirth

As of July 1st it's what we are looking at of course there should/could be some line juggling...but mostly this is it. 

I'm hoping Streit gets moved soon to a team that needs to make the cap floor, like Yotes hopefully, they have slots to fill on D.

As much as I hate MacD I felt he did contribute down the stretch and in playoffs and if he comes in with same attitude and Hakstol's coaching, he should be a better fit than Manning in the 3rd pairing.

I'm really enjoying what Hakstol has done for these young guys, especially Schenn, looks like Schenn may be our best and one of the better power forward LW in the game's future. 

7 hours ago, Off the Pipe said:

I'm hoping Streit gets moved soon to a team that needs to make the cap floor, like Yotes hopefully, they have slots to fill on D.

As much as I hate MacD I felt he did contribute down the stretch and in playoffs and if he comes in with same attitude and Hakstol's coaching, he should be a better fit than Manning in the 3rd pairing.

I'm really enjoying what Hakstol has done for these young guys, especially Schenn, looks like Schenn may be our best and one of the better power forward LW in the game's future. 

@Off the Pipe

Welcome!  I'm not sure anyone would take Streit right now.  Maybe at the trade deadline.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

WTF???

Bye bye Brayden, I guess. You can probably get one for 50% off at Sports Authority. They're going out of business.

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And this is all in good fun. Doesn't mean anything. I expect him to be signed soon. Although all these bloated contracts lately ain't helping things........

Well, it's right around now that the organ-eye-zation makes one head scratching trade during the summer. I know Hextall's running the show now, but you never know. Holmgren is still hangin around.

Looks like Evander Kane may be on the block in Buffalo, think Hexy/Hak would take a chance on him if they can move Streit's contract to the Sabres? I know Hexy and Hak are all about character guys, and Kane has been having off ice issues, but he is still young enough and maybe just had the crap scared out of him with this latest incident(which he is not found guilty of thus far).

He would slot nicely on the LW of G n Jake, or benefit from Cooter's defensive style so he can be let loose.

No thank you!

If Kane can't keep his nose clean off the ice while living in Buffalo, think about all the trouble he will get into partying in Philly. Kane is a me, me, me guy. The flyers don't need a person with that kind of mentality and character in their room.

6 hours ago, Off the Pipe said:

Looks like Evander Kane may be on the block in Buffalo, think Hexy/Hak would take a chance on him if they can move Streit's contract to the Sabres? I know Hexy and Hak are all about character guys, and Kane has been having off ice issues, but he is still young enough and maybe just had the crap scared out of him with this latest incident(which he is not found guilty of thus far).

He would slot nicely on the LW of G n Jake, or benefit from Cooter's defensive style so he can be let loose.

I wanted nothing to do with this jerk when he was in Winnipeg. You'd think having your teammates turn on you would be the kick in the arse he needed. He just doesn't get it. N.O.

is jeff skinner on the block? hextall has to do something now because giroux and jake are not getting any younger, i mean what i dont get is, if hexy is not making win now moves, then what is the sense of keeping giroux and voraeck? because they are not young like toews and kane, hextall is wasting their talent by waiting three more  years and by the time the young dmen are good, giroux and voraeck are going to be close to 30 and have no clue of what they are going to be.

it's not how you rebuild, you rebuild your forwards by getting younger with your young dman. i understand everyone likes hextall's plan but do you not realise giroux and voreack are not young players?

Dear god no on E. Kane.

I see a lot of talk about moving Streit. I think it's terribly unlikely before the deadline. Most contenders can't afford his cap hit, and while his play got better late in the season, he didn't show a lot after his surgery. He also has a no trade clause - who thinks he's going to allow himself to go to a cap floor team during what's likely to be his final season?  Anything is possible, but moving him now without sweetening the deal is going to be pretty tough.

Archived