Lucic to become free agent

I'm not sold on Lucic, but a lot would have to do with what he is looking for. He's coming off a $6M AAV contract and, quite frankly, his numbers simply do not warrant that (nor, IMO, his "intangibles" or his "ice presence").

YMMV, which is fair. He could be the Hartnell-type forward they are looking for and is only 28. But I wouldn't want to pay a 20/50 guy $6M+ for long term.

Lucic has also expressed interest in staying on the West Coast and so might want a premium to come East to the Flyers. I could see Vancouver (which he has expressed interest in) picking him up.

Well yeah, I wouldn't back up the truck for him, but if he can be had at a reasonable term he would be a great addition.  Not many players in the league with his size/skill/grit combination.  Something we are extremely lacking.

22 minutes ago, activestick said:

Well yeah, I wouldn't back up the truck for him, but if he can be had at a reasonable term he would be a great addition.  Not many players in the league with his size/skill/grit combination.  Something we are extremely lacking.

We could use his grit....what we couldn't use is his likely up and coming caphit. 

I'm pretty sure Mr. Lucic is what you'd call 'full of himself"...I doubt his desire to test free agency includes a discount.

3 hours ago, activestick said:

We need to take a run at this guy.  We need some skill with size up front.

I think the specific phrase in looking for is, "hell no". 

F*** lucic,  overrated whinning cheapshot artist that has been declining for years.  My flyers gear will go on a shelf for the duration of his contract if he ends up in Philly. 

Lucic is the kinda guy you go after when you are one piece away from being a top Cup contender . We are 3-4 years away, no way do I go after him. He will not help the team to improve significantly.He will want a long term deal and big $$ and just as we start to be contenders he will be  on his way down and another bloated contract. I'd go after Stamkos before I went after Lucic, Stamkos puts the team at a completely higher level.

30 minutes ago, activestick said:

Stamkos?  Yikes!  Now that's one I say no to.

I would go for it if they can move Voracek. Otherwise, it's too much money tied up in three players.

EDIT: I say that, but then I went to look at the Pens, Caps, Hawks, etc. They also have 3-4 huge salary eaters. So if the Flyers can move a MacDud or Streit, adding Stamkos wouldn't really throw us out of whack with top tier teams.

On June 22, 2016 at 3:55 PM, activestick said:

We need to take a run at this guy.  We need some skill with size up front.

Meet need to spend less time in the box as wel.  In orange and black, This dude will be a penalty magnet that will make Simmons look like a saint. 

Pkus us he doesn't score as much as rethink he does. 

No thanks. 

On June 23, 2016 at 9:30 AM, activestick said:

Stamkos?  Yikes!  Now that's one I say no to.

Youbwint have to bother unless they trade away Jake or something.  We don't have Stamkos money. 

His is blood clot issue frightens me, but his goal scoring would be the missing ingredient wouldn't it?  

Screw grit and size up front.  We need someone with the hands To take a pass and hit the holes in the goalie. 

Only it won't be Stammer. 

On June 23, 2016 at 9:56 AM, brelic said:

I would go for it if they can move Voracek. Otherwise, it's too much money tied up in three players.

EDIT: I say that, but then I went to look at the Pens, Caps, Hawks, etc. They also have 3-4 huge salary eaters. So if the Flyers can move a MacDud or Streit, adding Stamkos wouldn't really throw us out of whack with top tier teams.

just because it's possible doesn't mean they should do it. 

Archived