LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Stollie's new mask.......

Stolie Mask

Stolie-Mask-2.gif

I have to say that is the best mask i have seen in a while.

Oh Yeah!

What the hell is it?  I obviously recognize the Flyers & Phantoms logos but what is the rest?  I cant tell...

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Oh Yeah!

What the hell is it?  I obviously recognize the Flyers & Phantoms logos but what is the rest?  I cant tell...

He's transforming into the Flyer hulk!

• 2 weeks later...

Just ran across this article, I subscribe to McKeens and a writer named Ryan Wagman wrote this article on the Flyers prospects. It focuses on players acquired prior to the draft this past June. It only contains reports on D-men and Goalies. He leaves out the big names ....Provs and Sanheim etc....in order to focus on players who will struggle to make the cut.

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/nhl-blog/nhl-prospect-watch-philadelphia-flyers/

Nice to see Reese Wilcox get a nice write up....he kinda gets lost in the shuffle with all outstanding depth of our defensive prospects. Looks like Hagg has some work to do, but still a nice prospect. I wonder, with all the offense coming from our blueline prospects, Mark Friedman will have his hands full making the Flyers as an offensive d-man...which is what he brings to the table. Very odd that Myers is not included in this article, but he did have some decent info on the guys he did mention.

As far as the goalies go, Ryan made a nice point, at some time in the near future, just because of sheer numbers, some of these goalie prospects will be cut loose. Just not enough playing time to go around. Madsen posted some nice stats in the NCAA last year, and he will be back there again. Stolarz seems to have the Phantoms job locked up and if we lose a goalie in the expansion draft, his number may be called to back up the Flyers after this coming season. Looks like they will have to utilize the EChL affiliate to get some of these tenders some playing time....although Sandstrom (who regressed a tad) should be back in Sweden I believe.

I'm probably like a lot of Flyer fans, kinda hoping that Carter Hart becomes a total steal and works towards being our goalie of the future. Speaking of goalies, Spits 2nd year tender Michael Dipietro just might the top ranked goalie in next summers draft. I have seen mock drafts where he is ranked anywhere from #8 to #30. One thing for sure, I will watch him play 30+ games next year (season tickets) and he will have a LOT of depth around him. A good chance he starts for Team Canada at the World Jr's in December....this kid is a star waiting to happen....very excited. Wish he would be a Flyer....I'd be doing cartwheels.

Some more Diepetro info....a guy can dream....can't he?

http://windsorstar.com/sports/hockey/michael-dipietro-first-spitfire-to-ever-win-ohls-f-w-dinty-moore-award

5 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Two Flyers goalie draft picks Felix Sandstrom and Carter Hart on the NHL Network in the States and TSN in Canada right now in the World Junior Summer Showcase playing against each other.

Ahhh, I have already set the DVr to record....this will be my first real look at Hart besides highlights etc....very cool for Flyer fans to have this match-up in the nets, huh? TSN is showing almost all the games, even the ones without USA and Canada. I'm gonna record them all and see how it we do.

Based on what I've read and what I saw at the prospect camp, Sandstrom may end up being the best of the bunch. I like his size, he moves well, and plays the angles really well.

And when you're talking goaltenders, don't forget about Matej Tomek, who lost a year because of groin surgery. He's healthy and He's expected to play a big role at North Dakota. He might just be the best of the bunch. The depth with goaltending prospects is something else. Unreal how in three years time, Hextall has completely reshaped the pipeline. I don't think I've seen any franchise replenish their farm system the way the Flyers have. I'm still astounded with the job Hextall has done.

2 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

And when you're talking goaltenders, don't forget about Matej Tomek, who lost a year because of groin surgery. He's healthy and He's expected to play a big role at North Dakota. He might just be the best of the bunch. The depth with goaltending prospects is something else. Unreal how in three years time, Hextall has completely reshaped the pipeline. I don't think I've seen any franchise replenish their farm system the way the Flyers have. I'm still astounded with the job Hextall has done.

Its amazing who you can draft with picks instead of treading them away for washed up NHL'ers...... just saying . :cool[1]: 

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Its amazing who you can draft with picks instead of treading them away for washed up NHL'ers...... just saying . :cool[1]: 

It really is starting to become an embarrassment of riches. Add in another forward or two and this might be the deepest the system has ever been.

27 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

It really is starting to become an embarrassment of riches. Add in another forward or two and this might be the deepest the system has ever been.

The depth of defensive prospects is just sick.....Provorov / Sanheim / Moirn / Haag / Meyers.....teams would just kill to have those players in their system. If this fan base can just be patient for another year or two, this team I believe is on the cusp of doing some special things...we just have to be patient and trust that is the hardest part.

@hf101

Seriously going against this Flyer blueline (excluding Ghost and Del Zotto) basically a bunch of not really mobile pylons this kid could stand out this upcoming camp and actually earn a spot.

He is pretty much the size of Marchand and Giroux give or take a few pounds....so it could be done....is it highly likely??? I say no...i think Provorov will be the only kid to earn a spot...

....but that is just my 2 cents...

....i'm sure someone here will quickly tell me MY opinion is wrong or why they would forever damage these poor kids real real soon... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Rubtsov played his first KHL game...and a whopping 3:20 of icetime. At least he got to play against men and not those little kids in junior. This is way better for his development.  :CelebratingSmiley:

Yeah, did not like hearing that. He'd be much better off playing in the CHL. 

Archived