Kessel's Day with the Cup

Polaris922

I haven't heard anyone knock Kessel since he started playing like he was actually trying to earn the $8 million he's being paid

Good on him for taking the cup to Sick Kids. But he deserved the criticism he got when he was taking shifts/games/seasons off while being paid like a superstar.

Always nice to see pro athletes do this type of stuff. We never hear stories of athletes or league officials bringing the NFL, NBA or MLB trophies to children's hospitals. While I realize the athletes in other sports don't get a day with the trophy like the NHL does, it just goes to show how iconic the Stanley Cup is and why hockey is the best sport on earth!

Phil's heart is certainly in the right place. Kudos to him for doing something worthwhile instead of taking the cup to a pool party or something. Well played Mr. Kessel,, I just might lighten up on the donut jokes for a little while.:welcome:

47 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

I just might lighten up on the donut jokes for a little while.

You mean like Tim Horton's must have been closed and the hospital had the only door wide enough for him to fit through?

Yeah I let that go for a while too....

6 hours ago, sarsippius said:

You mean like Tim Horton's must have been closed and the hospital had the only door wide enough for him to fit through?

Yeah I let that go for a while too....

For the record, Crosby is the one that stopped at Tim Hortons with it ;). Lol 

• 3 weeks later...

When I read the title I immediately thought this is how his day would have went:

tyler-toffoli-ice-cream.jpg?quality=90

But then I read the article and I have a hard time making fun of the guy. That is some real stand-up stuff right there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived