One man Brawl - Ryspayev earns an indefinite suspension

hf101

Wow is all I can say......:PopcornSmiley2:

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/8/12403582/khl-damir-ryspayev-russian-hockey-game-canceled-after-fighting-entire-team

" Raspiyev isn’t well known for his scoring ability, but his 111 penalty minutes in 16 games for Barys Astana this season speak to more of the kind of hockey player he is. During the one-minute, 12-second clip, Raspiyev goes after three Red Star players — and circles back to another one — before diving head first into the Kunlun bench to go after some more. "

Update: as expected, Ryspayev has been suspended for the remainder of the KHL preseason, pending a full disciplinary hearing. The defenseman racked up 111 PIM in just 16 regular season games last season.

More Info.....

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/red-star-kunlun-sees-game-end-early-massive-brawl/

All I can say is what a nut job!

16 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I always got a kick out of when the kid said "Nope!" to fighting Kugel, and skated like the wind to get get away from him.

I get more of a kick out of the idea that Kugel ended up getting into MMA and made super heavyweight boxer Butterbean tap to strikes in 40 seconds

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I get more of a kick out of the idea that Kugel ended up getting into MMA and made super heavyweight boxer Butterbean tap to strikes in 40 seconds

Butterbean's still fighting? Must have been old as hell when he fought Kugel.

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

It was back in 2010

There you go, then. The dude was 44 at the time, and was (to put it mildly) never in good shape during his prime.

Just now, JR Ewing said:

There you go, then. The dude was 44 at the time, and was (to put it mildly) never in good shape during his prime.

No doubt. But he was a vicious crusher who knew how to get his mass behind a punch haha.

12 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

No doubt. But he was a vicious crusher who knew how to get his mass behind a punch haha.

He can bomb, and I know you're not arguing that he was ever good, but have to say that he built a large number of wins against uncommonly bad fighters. An ancient Larry Holmes beat him by unanimous decision, and the only fighter of any note that he beat was Peter McNeely, who was strung out from crack and alcohol abuse. That TKO was *highly* suspect: the ref stopped the fight with 1 second left in the 1st round, despite the fact that McNeeley hadn't even been knocked down.

Mostly though, Butterbean compiled a cheap sideshow record against tomato cans and guys with 5 or 6 fights under their belts.

18 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

He can bomb, and I know you're not arguing that he was ever good, but have to say that he built a large number of wins against uncommonly bad fighters. An ancient Larry Holmes beat him by unanimous decision, and the only fighter of any note that he beat was Peter McNeely, who was strung out from crack and alcohol abuse. That TKO was *highly* suspect: the ref stopped the fight with 1 second left in the 1st round, despite the fact that McNeeley hadn't even been knocked down.

Mostly though, Butterbean compiled a cheap sideshow record against tomato cans and guys with 5 or 6 fights under their belts.

When I said crusher, I did mean "Can" crusher.

My fondest memory of him is still tied between knocking Johnny Knoxville out in a Japanese sears, or Knocking Bart Gunn out at Wrestlemania. At least Knoxville knew he was going to get creamed and still fought. Bart Gunn actually thought he had a legit chance since he was a real life badass. But you don't box a boxer if you are not a boxer.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here we go ....

KHL player banned for life after trying to fight entire opposing team

The league called Damir Ryspayev's actions "utterly unacceptable."

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/khl-player-banned-for-life-after-trying-to-fight-entire-opposing-team-081816

Ryspayev entered the KHL in 2012 and never recorded a single point. The player's agent said he'll appeal the decision.  Dude is a joke...glad he got what was coming to him.

On 8/18/2016 at 11:45 PM, pilldoc said:

Well here we go ....

KHL player banned for life after trying to fight entire opposing team

The league called Damir Ryspayev's actions "utterly unacceptable."

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/khl-player-banned-for-life-after-trying-to-fight-entire-opposing-team-081816

Ryspayev entered the KHL in 2012 and never recorded a single point. The player's agent said he'll appeal the decision.  Dude is a joke...glad he got what was coming to him.

He'll probably end up on their Olympic team.

4 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

That was the type of stuff that Link Gaetz pulled on a routine basis in the minor leagues.

That guy was batshit crazy.

By 2005, Gaetz had played for 26 teams in his 15 year career, and been banned from several leagues.

A guy with only 65 NHL games under his belt(With over 400PIM). However, his brand of crazy needs a home, and where better than minor league hockey? When he played for the nashville knights, the coach would have to instruct the goalies to let him score in practice, and other kids not to steal the puck from him, otherwise he would go postal on his teammates. During practice this guy used to Cross check his teammates in the face and knock them out with one punch.

He managed to fight feared heavyweights like Kocur and Probert to a draw. And those men were more grizzly bear than human.

Occasionally you would hear stories of Link. In New Brunswick Canada, a huge miner was found pummeled and left in a snowbank. Authorities were quoted saying his face was so dismembered it looked like he was wearing a halloween mask. In other stories, his former roommates owed him some money, so he stole their TV, took a crap on their bed and urinated on his furniture. These sorts of stories would pop up in the news in any town he was playing minor league hockey for. I can not remember a player in my life who had so many dozen stories and such a long police record. You could almost track him the news like an escaped serial Killer. In 1997, The Home Depot in Alaska reported a 400% increase in home security sales when word reach town that Link Gaetz would be playing for the anchorage aces. Gaetz managed to rack up 130 PIM in 11 games there.

This was a guy who had to learn to retie his shoes after leaving half his brain on the road in a car accident...........then miraculously that summer, baffled doctors by skating...........and then was caught drunk driving soon after, yet he went on to have many more years of fighting in the minors.

Can't remember who wrote this, but...

"Link showed up for his draft with black eyes and two cases of beer. He was selected by the North Stars to protect Modano. Team officials wanted their third pick to be a lawyer to protect Link."

Archived