11 Travis Konecny - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
24 Matt Read 25 Nick Cousins -76 P-E Bellemare - 22 Dale Weise
76 Chris VandeVelde - 27 Boyd Gordon - 25 Nick Cousins 

47 Andrew MacDonald - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
9 Ivan Provorov - 32 Mark Streit
55 Nick Schultz - 23 Brandon Manning

30 Michal Neuvirth
[35 Steve Mason]

Scratches: Brayden Schenn (final game of three-game NHL suspension), Radko Gudas (third game of six-game NHL suspension), Michael Del Zotto (LTIR), Scott Laughton (LTIR), Roman Lyubimov (healthy).

BLACKHAWKS

64 Tyler Motte - 19 Jonathan Toews - 14 Richard Panik
72 Artemi Panarin- 15 Artem Anisimov - 88 Patrick Kane
48 Vinnie Hinostroza - 8 Nick Schmaltz - 81 Marian Hossa
70 Dennis Rasmussen - 16 Marcus Krüger - 22 Jordin Tootoo

2 Duncan Keith - 4 Niklas Hjalmarsson
6 Michal Kempny- 7 Brent Seabrook
42 Gustav Forsling - 51 Brian Campbell

50 Corey Crawford
[33 Scott Darling]

Scratches: Michal Rozsival (healthy), Trevor van Riemsdyk (healthy), Ryan Hartman (doubtful, lower body).

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-101816--CHI/45/79995

HHHhhhhhhhhhhmmmmm Neuvy to start. Makes for an interesting decision on the home opener i say. Neuvy keeps winning you have to stay with him.

Mason to L.A. E10!!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

Nick Cousins is a healthy scratch tonight...   Roman Lyubinov to start.

Nice. I hate it's at the expense of Nick Cousins though. It should be Van develde.

I hope he sticks? CVV is a teacher's pet i guess.........

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Nice. I hate it's at the expense of Nick Cousins though. It should be Van develde.

I dont get it either frankly... definitely seems to be the teacher's pet.  there is no other way to explain it.   

I'd have slid Cousins to 3C and dropped Bellemare to 4LW, scratching Vandevelde. I don't know what to do when Schenn returns, though. Raffl to the third, but who comes out? Easy choice is Lyubinov dropping to the AHL, but you'd like to have a 14th forward. I'm not keen on it being a guy who might still have a bit of development left in him (Cousins).

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just doesn't seem like Hakstol's style to have a pet like that.  I mean I can't explain it either.  I really am at a loss.

Read really showed those of us critical of him something and I hope he keeps it up,  but Cousins had been extremely important as well and more productive than Giroux.  

Frankly, this makes no sense to me and I wish someone could explain it to me and give us a potentially viable explanation.  

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ghost got lucky with that skate to the face the other night. Our first look at his scar....

Second_sons_Tyrion.png

...i guess it don't look that bad......to early for a drink???  :beer:

GO FLYERS!!!

Is this a crack at Ghost's size?

;)

4 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I'm so confused by the fascination with VandeVelde.

I think we all are. Hak's familiarity with VV makes him very safe. And coaches love safe on the 4th line. 

9 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

At the same time, if the biggest issue we can come up with right now is why a 4th liner isn't scratched, that's pretty good.

I guess the other half of the equation is that Hak and Hexy might both feel like it's not going to benefit Lyubimov OR Cousins to get their minutes on the 4th line.

He needs his 4th liners to know their deal and he doesn't need his young 3rd liners wasting time trying to learn to play like a 4th liner.  

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

I guess the other half of the equation is that Hak and Hexy might both feel like it's not going to benefit Lyubimov OR Cousins to get their minutes on the 4th line.

He needs his 4th liners to know their deal and he doesn't need his young 3rd liners wasting time trying to learn to play like a 4th liner.  

Yes. But the flip side for that is a third liner isn't going to get better in the pressbox. Lyubinov and Cousins should both have a bit more growth potential in their game. They aren't going to get better by not playing. Unfortunately, if you waive Cousins, he's gone.

I think Raffl - Cousins - Weise and Bellemare/Lyubinov - Gordon/Bellemare - Read could make for a hell of a bottom 6.

3 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Yes. But the flip side for that is a third liner isn't going to get better in the pressbox. Lyubinov and Cousins should both have a bit more growth potential in their game. They aren't going to get better by not playing. Unfortunately, if you waive Cousins, he's gone.

I think Raffl - Cousins - Weise and Bellemare/Lyubinov - Gordon/Bellemare - Read could make for a hell of a bottom 6.

Cousins isn't still on an entry level?

With Schenn coming back after this game some really tough choices are going to have to be made.

Frankly, I know Hak loves Read and Raffl, but if I'm Hextall, I'm taking as long and hard a look as I can on Cousins so I know how expendable Read and Raffl really are.  If they play as well as they have been, they're very tradable.  

The flip side to that is if Cousins is really not able to be protected then this is your last chance to get an in season look at Lyubimov as he would appear to be the guy to send down for contract reasons alone.

If you like what you see as much as you did at the end of camp, then you know you can start shopping Read and or Raffl (probably wouldn't do both) in ernest.  

Just now, AJgoal said:

No, he re-signed in the off-season and his waiver exemption expired as well.

I think people forget that Cousins is 23 and played out his Jr career (4 years). So why is he being scratched again? He's got 2 pts in 2 games is +1.....

I mean yeah Hak knows what VV can bring but frankly its not much.  I'm not even convinced a crap sub 500 team would ice VV as an NHL regular.  Other than being a penalty kill guy which they have plenty of now anyway I wouldn't even call him a fringe player.

3 minutes ago, PhilsFanDrew said:

I mean yeah Hak knows what VV can bring but frankly its not much.  I'm not even convinced a crap sub 500 team would ice VV as an NHL regular.  Other than being a penalty kill guy which they have plenty of now anyway I wouldn't even call him a fringe player.

You're right. Edmonton didn't. 

4 minutes ago, brelic said:

You're right. Edmonton didn't. 

So you're saying he's actually a first liner?

I jest, obviously. But whatever Edmonton's done over the last decade or so, I do the exact opposite.

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

So you're saying he's actually a first liner?

I jest, obviously. But whatever Edmonton's done over the last decade or so, I do the exact opposite.

Other than draft McDavid.  I'm still doing that.

I'm guessing VV is in the lineup because he kills penalties and Cousins doesn't?

When Schenn comes back, someone else sits. It will either be Lyubimov or VV, I'm guessing. Or both, and then reinsert Cousins. 

Archived