Rangers looking scary right now

Buffalo Rick

Winnipeg threw the kitchen sink at the Rangers tonight, sending numbers after pucks to try and throw the Rangers off their game.  It worked for about 30 minutes and then they got smoked!  This Rangers team I did not see coming.  I did not think they had any firepower outside of Rick Nash if he were to wake up here and there.  Right now they look plenty good.  but its early

The Rangers have scored 5 goals in each of their last 5 games.  Kevin Hayes and Zuccarello and JT Miller have all been playing well for the Rangers.  Their defense has always been tough to play against along with a healthy Lundqvist.  Yeah. the Rangers are still that good.

Their speed is extremely impressive. It is a completely new look offensively for this team. In merely a couple seasons this team has gone from being known for blocking shots as a means to victory to overwhelming defenses with speed as a means to victory. The only thing that has remained, it seems, is Lundqvist.

If there is a team in the NHL that has reinvented themselves, I'd have to either say the Oilers or the Rangers, but probably the Rangers, because with the addition of McJesus, Edmonton is more inventing and blossoming than reinventing. The Rangers seem to be truly transformed. Time will tell if defenses are able to adjust to keep the skaters in check or not.

Gotta give the coaches kudos for recognizing the need and then adapating their game because of the kind of talent they possess. Fun hockey to watch, that's for sure.

Does the regular season really matter with the Rangers though? They've made the playoffs 10 of the last 11 years and have one Final appearance to show for it (and a short one at that). It's like the Caps dominating everybody during the regular season last year. Does anybody talk about it? No, because they didn't win when it mattered.

On 11/8/2016 at 11:54 AM, Samifan said:

It's all because the Rangers were able to land Jimmy Vesey from the Sabres. :ph34r:

For a guy that lives 30 miles or so from me you sure are a wisenheimer?  I mean, why all of this negative crap for the Sabres?  I do not get you at all

As for the Rangers, did anyone see this offense coming?

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

For a guy that lives 30 miles or so from me you sure are a wisenheimer?  I mean, why all of this negative crap for the Sabres?  I do not get you at all

Junkie, I have explained my position regarding hating all things Buffalo on this forum several times over the years. The Bills and Sabres could both win championships and I will still be chugging gallons of hater-ade. They say Philly fans are obnoxious but Sabres/Bills fans more then hold their own in that category. :beer:

49 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Junkie, I have explained my position regarding hating all things Buffalo on this forum several times over the years. The Bills and Sabres could both win championships and I will still be chugging gallons of hater-ade. They say Philly fans are obnoxious but Sabres/Bills fans more then hold their own in that category. :beer:

So how do you REALLY feel? :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

11 hours ago, Samifan said:

That is not accurate.  You are describing Yankee fans.  Those are the ones that are the worst

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

That is not accurate.  You are describing Yankee fans.  Those are the ones that are the worst

Try having a son that plays hockey on two teams and spends majority of life at a rink. Verbally abused constantly because we dare to support someone other than the Sabres. It gets worse than that but again I have covered this several times before. 

I challenge you to go to an Amerks game, Sabres game or just walk around Wegmans wearing something other than Sabres gear. The sheep that support the mediocre spots teams from Buffalo will pounce on you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived