Brock Lesnar In Attendance At Flames-Jets Game

TropicalFruitGirl26

Lesnar.jpg

From NBC sports

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/01/10/pht-morning-skate-brock-lesnar-fires-up-crowd-at-jets-game/

In the link, there is a video of Lesnar talking over the PA system to the crowd before the game...apparently, it worked as the Jets beat the Flames 2-0.

Afterwards, though, Lesnar was invited to the Jets locker room, and well, he committed a 'no-no' with regards to NHL unwritten rules.......yep, he stepped on the logo.  :lol:

The video is in the post as well, but here it is for effect.

Doing what Lesnar did is supposed to mean bad luck or something.

So what happens now?

If the Jets have a losing season (pfft, yea, like THAT wasn't going to happen already...lol), or suffer a bunch of crazy injuries, are they gonna blame the Beast Incarnate?

Who will hold Lesnar accountable for this?

Is there anyone on the Jets who can take him? Probably not even Big Buff.....

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Ok....except, Cena couldn't deal with Lesnar in a WRESTLING ring either... :lol:

It depends how they "scripted" it. There, I said it. Better yet, it would have to be The Mountie. Only makes sense.

In the pre-game interview with Lesnar, he states he moved to Canada and is a long time hockey fan.

Saskatchewan to be exact.

Hmmm...he is a Dakota farm boy who often is hailed from Minneapolis (and even tried out for the Vikings)....but no Wild loyalty???

Pfffft...Jets...

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

It depends how they "scripted" it. There, I said it. Better yet, it would have to be The Mountie. Only makes sense.

"The Who???"

And sure, depends on how they script things in 'rasslin'.....but they scripted it so Lesnar beat the tar out of Cena at one of the SummerSlams.

Then again, Lesnar was a real UFC and NCAA wrestling champion, so I don't think he needs a script to beat the likes of a bodybuilding muscle man like Cena.

And another thing....Cena cares nothing for the Jets. :ahappy:

He is a New England / Boston boy....

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

"The Who???"

And sure, depends on how they script things in 'rasslin'.....but they scripted it so Lesnar beat the tar out of Cena at one of the SummerSlams.

Then again, Lesnar was a real UFC and NCAA wrestling champion, so I don't think he needs a script to beat the likes of a bodybuilding muscle man like Cena.

And another thing....Cena cares nothing for the Jets. :ahappy:

He is a New England / Boston boy....

I haven't really paid much attention to wrestling since the WWF in the 1990s and 2000s. Hence, my "The Mountie" reference,

7 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Chris Jericho is from Winnipeg, he'd be perfect plus he legit hates Lesnar!

Chris Jericho may be from Winnipeg, but I think his dad played the bulk of his NHL career with the Rangers, so even he may have some dubious loyalty to the Jets.

In fact, he has made appearances wearing a Rangers jersey before.

But hey, if he really hates Lesnar, then they could have Jericho match with Lesnar in the wrestling ring with the winner being declared the Winnipeg Jets heavyweight champion of Manitoba...lol.

I am surprised he moved to Canada. He went on a long rant about how Canadian doctors almost killed him when he had Diverticulitis(And he was right)

But that being said, the guy who hit Laine should be afraid!

Or hire Alistair Overeem to be his bodyguard.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Chris Jericho may be from Winnipeg, but I think his dad played the bulk of his NHL career with the Rangers, so even he may have some dubious loyalty to the Jets.

In fact, he has made appearances wearing a Rangers jersey before.

But hey, if he really hates Lesnar, then they could have Jericho match with Lesnar in the wrestling ring with the winner being declared the Winnipeg Jets heavyweight champion of Manitoba...lol.

Jericho is a jets fan.

I read all 3 of his books :)

He also got in a good old Hockey fight with his own dad the baby faced assassin himself during a charity game at MSG. He insisted they play on opposing teams and then went and whacked his dad in the meat of the calf with his blade. of course, Baby face went on to cream the everliving **** out of his own son. haha

But Jericho and Lesnar have never worked together and actually don't like each other.  Jericho may have beaten Goldberg in real life with a choke, but he would get murdered by Lesnar lol.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Jericho is a jets fan.

I read all 3 of his books :)

He also got in a good old Hockey fight with his own dad the baby faced assassin himself during a charity game at MSG. He insisted they play on opposing teams and then went and whacked his dad in the meat of the calf with his blade. of course, Baby face went on to cream the everliving **** out of his own son. haha

But Jericho and Lesnar have never worked together and actually don't like each other.  Jericho may have beaten Goldberg in real life with a choke, but he would get murdered by Lesnar lol.

@J0e Th0rnton- You just made the List! Lol

13 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@WordsOfWisdom

WTF???

That jingle sounds like a skit straight out of Saturday Night Live

lol

Interesting story:

Since it's illegal to impersonate a mountie in Canada, the WWF were not allowed to use his intro song during matches in Canada. They also couldn't call him The Mountie, he went by his real name. (I'm sure it also didn't help their cause that The Mountie was portrayed as a bad guy.)

:)

5 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Interesting story:

Since it's illegal to impersonate a mountie in Canada, the WWF were not allowed to use his intro song during matches in Canada. They also couldn't call him The Mountie, he went by his real name. (I'm sure it also didn't help their cause that The Mountie was portrayed as a bad guy.)

:)

And then they became the quebecers and had that awesome "Were not the mounties!" intro song. I laughed my ass off everytime. Vince was like "were not the mountines"

I find Lesnar to be a somewhat fascinating person. Not that showing up at a hockey game means he's going to become our hockey player, but he definitely marches to the beat of his own drum. He's done many things that I think are weird, interesting, or a sign of being bored were determined.

He's the second highest paid  guy in the WWE and only shows up when he feels like it. And after five years away from the sport he just randomly decides he wants to fight again – and wins against a guy who does nothing but fight.

Archived