Raffl out 6-8 weeks

5 minutes ago, Philly29 said:

I am sure that is the reason for the trade to begin with.

They needed a stop gap middling forward for this season so they spent $5M of cap space next season?

Unfortunately, that sounds like something the Flyers would do...

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

They needed a stop gap middling forward for this season so they spent $5M of cap space next season?

Unfortunately, that sounds like something the Flyers would do...

Shame the deadline is not approaching.... I though maybe we could trade Schultz for a washed up veteran that scores the same amount of goals as Belle and maybe a few picks...

12 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Come on Gaz!!! It is the Flyers.... we can take a Center and turn them into a winger!!

C'mon, murray. This is an organization that took a guy who had never played center before at any level and discovered he was a "natural center" at the NHL level.

They're that good.

:ph34r:

Just now, radoran said:

C'mon, murray. This is an organization that took a guy who had never played center before at every level and discovered he was a "natural center" at the NHL level.

They're that good.

:ph34r:

Hahaahaaaa!  How could I forget!!

1 hour ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

So, I'm guessing that Fillpula will play LW, and not center as we all expected.  

I'd assumed he would play LW from the start and Raffl and Weal would just shift down a line or play with the Phantoms.  

44 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Think he was playing wing for tampa.

Just give it a chance .

He was.  It's fine.

He's actually listed as a C/LW on the scouting reports.

They just need to complain.  It's their nature.

5 minutes ago, King Knut said:

He was.  It's fine.

He's actually listed as a C/LW on the scouting reports.

They just need to complain.  It's their nature.

Yes it is....Sorry some of us don't bow down to your all knowing and always right facts.

Please....   Everyone is entitled to an opinion.   People don't need to agree but to act like you are better and more knowledgeable is BS.   And I usually agree with you....

Maybe you and @NRH can start a fan club.

I like the trade for Fillpula. I do not mind his 5 mil per year contract for this remainder of the season.

What I can not stand is that his contract goes on for another year.

That we can not afford to have so I do not know what Hexy is goin to do later on...

Hopefully that 4th round pick turns out to be McDavid type player. :eyeroll:

25 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Yes it is....Sorry some of us don't bow down to your all knowing and always right facts.

Please....   Everyone is entitled to an opinion.   People don't need to agree but to act like you are better and more knowledgeable is BS.   And I usually agree with you....

Maybe you and @NRH can start a fan club.

I get just as emotional here all the time.  Trust me.  I get it.  

Just not today.  Because while I'm not sure I get the deal, I just can't see how it matters.  

9 minutes ago, Philly29 said:

I like the trade for Fillpula. I do not mind his 5 mil per year contract for this remainder of the season.

That we can not afford to have so I do not know what Hexy is goin to do later on...

I'm not being facetious here, I'm genuinely curious.  Why do you not think we can have a player on the books for 5 million next year?

I'm really asking.  What's the acquisition on the horizon of the next 12 months that this will preclude?  

7 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I'm not being facetious here, I'm genuinely curious.  Why do you not think we can have a player on the books for 5 million next year?

I'm really asking.  What's the acquisition on the horizon of the next 12 months that this will preclude?  

This is where you are right....   That would be nobody.

Unless Hexy signs Ghost on one of his potential deals....   

The classic "this person disagrees better attack them in every topic" strategy 

its weird that its always the same 5 people constantly attacking people, didn't you all come here to avoid trolls instead of becoming them yourselves?

2 hours ago, King Knut said:

I should of been a little more specific because you right.

I should of said I am fine with the 5 mil this year because for example, lets say his contract runs out this year and we resign him for less next year because my point is I think he is overpaid for the numbers he has put up the past several seasons and we have been in cap hell for many years trying to get rid of players that had huge contracts that were not living up to them.

That is my point I would like to have a few mil under the cap for once so we have a little wiggle room to make moves if we half to. So where not up against the cap ceiling ever year.

Not being smart but how don't you know that there will be an acquisition on the horizon of the next 12 months that this will preclude?

2 hours ago, Philly29 said:

Philly29:

I posted this on another thread but here's a spin that says Filpulla is effectively on a 20 game tryout with buyout possible:

http://www.tsn.ca/flyers-acquire-filppula-from-lightning-1.684783

I am not happy with the 5 million either for a performer on the decline.  It is becoming a broken record for this franchise.

Del Zotto, Michael

Schultz, Nick

Gostisbehere, Shayne

Weal, Jordan

all Free agents next year, Gostisbehere and Weal are the most likely resigns unless schultz and MDZ agree to overly generous contracts, but allowing them to sign elsewhere and bringing up one of the 3 prospects you've been grooming in the AHL for the past 5 years seems more likely, Hagg, Morin and Sanheim have to be ready sometime this decade. We are currently getting Gostisbehere for extremely cheap and if you don't think his contract is going to double next year then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Fippula is 5 million, but he also has more than double the points(most of which is at even strength) that a 4.3 million Couturier has who will continue to beat the cap for that amount until he is 29(2022-23), where at Fipp will be after next years season and also came with some draft picks.

Even if they don't buy him out next year, I don't see many players providing a better offensive addition that come for cheaper or at the expense of talent we want to keep. Konecny can produce but he is also easily exposed due to his size which could become a huge problem if not addressed soon.

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Philly29:

I posted this on another thread but here's a spin that says Filpulla is effectively on a 20 game tryout with buyout possible:

http://www.tsn.ca/flyers-acquire-filppula-from-lightning-1.684783

I am not happy with the 5 million either for a performer on the decline.  It is becoming a broken record for this franchise.

Thank you very much for the info Howie I did not see that so thank you for the article and update!

Archived