Bobrovsky Posts Third Straight Shutout

radoran

3 minutes ago, SpikeDDS said:

Hey, didn't he used to be a Flyer?

;-P

So did the record-holder for consecutive shutout minutes (Brian Boucher).

1 minute ago, Samifan said:

So glad Homer chose Bryzgalov over Bob :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Hey, now, Bryz had four consecutive shutouts.

True story.

:DancingGrape:

16 minutes ago, radoran said:

All I can think is 'man what could've been'.  and I think I'll be cheering for Columbus in the post season!  

Amazing what some good health can do for a talented player, no?

"Bob" has been on of the best goalies in the league...and has been damn near the worst at times. All dependant on how healthy he can stay. And right now, he is pretty damned healthy.

Hmm...wonder if he has played himself into the Vezina conversation with his numbers...

I was listening to Jody Shelley yesterday afternoon talking about the difference in Bob this year to last, he pointed out that Bob had gained weight a couple of years ago on purpose in an attempt to build muscle because of his chronic groin pulls and it cost him his quickness and the groin issues still persisted, this year he lost 17 pounds and still managed to get his BMI down to the lowest on the team and has a new workout that he does before and after every game to stretch his groin muscles and keep them strong. Shelley was pointing out that the amount of effort that Bob puts into preparation both on and especially off the ice is a huge inspiration to all of the kids who watch him suffer through a solid hour of pushing himself after a game to make certain that his groin issues do not come back again after two and a half hours of stopping pucks. Long after most of the team is in the shower or drinking a beer Bob is still working out to make certain he is ready for the next game. Shelley said kids such as Wennberg and a few others have noticed and stick around and do the workout with Bob which is a sign of his maturity and leadership within the room.

Three straight shutouts. Look out Boucher, he is coming for ya!!

@yave1964

That is amazing that the guy continues to work long after a game is over.

For any of his critics out there, it just goes to show that he really does care to be the best and will go to any lengths to try and ensure that.

Bobrovsky must be a trend setter too because it was my understanding (some articles I read before and during the early part of the season) that over in Buffalo, Robin Lehner had dropped some weight in order to gain quickness and had also dedicated himself to a strict flexibility program to ensure he too stays healthy and improves on the ice.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if other goalies around the league follow the Columbus netminder's example as well.

And speaking of Buffalo...that is Columbus' next opponent.

The Jackets do a home @ home on Friday and Saturday with them.

The Sabres aren't a particularly high scoring team, so Bob has a chance at that 4th consecutive, however, Buffalo IS the number one rated PP in the league at just over 23%, so much of his ability to get that shut out may depend on how disciplined his team will be.

Archived