Wiese

CoachX

I was nice to see Dale Wiese back on the ice last night. I realize he isn't playing up to potential but I think he's been playing injured all year. The Flyers needed his grit and size in a rivalry game like. It definitely prevented Pittsburgh from taking liberties with star players. It was also good to see him get his scoring touch back (again, injury). It was a long overdue goal that I can see propelling his game at this late point. I expect a scoring surge that will make it too easy for a contract extension. And let's face it, the Flyers need to lock this guy up long term. He was easily the best off season signing Hextall made and clearly an indicator of Hexy's shrewd genius.

Simple Math: Weise + Contract = Captain = Cup

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I was nice to see Dale Wiese back on the ice last night. I realize he isn't playing up to potential but I think he's been playing injured all year. The Flyers needed his grit and size in a rivalry game like. It definitely prevented Pittsburgh from taking liberties with star players. It was also good to see him get his scoring touch back (again, injury). It was a long overdue goal that I can see propelling his game at this late point. I expect a scoring surge that will make it too easy for a contract extension. And let's face it, the Flyers need to lock this guy up long term. He was easily the best off season signing Hextall made and clearly an indicator of Hexy's shrewd genius.

He's signed for three more years already.

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

He's signed for three more years already.

Right!

More evidence of Hextalls genius. They should extend him. You cant let a guy with his skill set go

22 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Frankly, if Wiese has been playing hurt all year, there has been no reason for him to be in the lineup.

And yes I get the sarcasm, but just in case you're his mom or something... 

There are 2 or three other players who can do exactly the same thing as he's been producing while hurt.  I'd much rather have seen Weal earlier or more of Leier to play those minutes.  

If you're going to tell me Giroux has been hurt all year, but playing won't ruin his career, then okay, I can see how an injured Giroux on this team is better than the necessary adjustments this team would have to make not having a 1C.  But Wiese?    If he's been hurt he simply should not have been playing until he was better.  No reason.  

I have to agree with others on the board who've posted that signing a guy of this caliber (or re to those north of the border) to a four year gig was a stretch.  I agree with RJ that he's shown some positives with Montreal but his play with Chicago was not so hot.  Yep--we hope he is more next year.  Otherwise it will be buyout time.  If Hexy wants to remake the team, he can't tie up a slot with DW's stats. 

Archived